Unknøwn

Phillies @ Braves

454 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah they do

The nationals are about to catch the Phillies.  If the Braves sweep, the nats will be right there as the next team the Braves have to handle...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

The nationals are about to catch the Phillies.  If the Braves sweep, the nats will be right there as the next team the Braves have to handle...

Yeah im guessing they will be our main competition.  Im honestly not worried about anyone in the NL except the Dodgers. I think we will win the east by a nice margin.

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Dammit....i left the room....got to rewind to see that catch

It was nice

7 minutes ago, LouDog said:

**** we may have crossed paths at some point lol i had a lot of friends im fort walton and spent a decent amount of time there

It’s possible!  I worked at Harbor Docks in summer of 07 and 10. 

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Yeah im guessing they will be our main competition.  Im honestly not worried about anyone in the NL except the Dodgers. I think we will win the east by a nice margin.

I want the Cubs rematch.  They got real smug up at Wrigley...:lol:

LouDog likes this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

I want the Cubs rematch.  They got real smug up at Wrigley...:lol:

After what the Pirates did to them yesterday it will be hard for them to be smug for a little bit atleast lol

Spts1 likes this

Just now, LouDog said:

I got drunk at Harbor Docks many times lol

I had to drive that piece of **** trash truck across the street to dump the nasty refuse from the evening in our dumpsters.  I always looked at the outside deck in envy.  :lol:

LouDog likes this

Posted (edited)

They done figured out that you have to pitch Riley off speed down and away...

Edited by slickgadawg

Just now, Dirty South Bird said:

I had to drive that piece of **** trash truck across the street to dump the nasty refuse from the evening in our dumpsters.  I always looked at the outside deck in envy.  :lol:

Yeah the outside deck was fun lol I was in Destin from 2003 to 2007 and then again from 2010 to 2016. 

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Exactly, and he bites very often. He's really cooled off. Hopefully he'll get that bat going again, they sure could use it.

Spts1 likes this

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Yeah for a few games he seemed to finally be laying off of it but he is right back to swinging at it

Spts1 likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, gp_74 said:

Exactly, and he bites very often. He's really cooled off. Hopefully he'll get that bat going again, they sure could use it.

They did the same to Acuna last year. They started throwing breaking balls down on him.  It worked for a while.  The problem with Acuna though is if he is looking for it he can golf it into the stands.  Acuna developed discipline for that pitch and learned to sit on it.  Its made him late on a few fast balls but it eliminated their reliance on the breaking ball to get him out...

Edited by slickgadawg

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Ump got to give Keuchel that pitch too...it was called a ball for him 2 or 3 times

I bet thats exactly what BMac said to him

Just now, LouDog said:

Yeah for a few games he seemed to finally be laying off of it but he is right back to swinging at it

You’re right, but it’s Nola. Everyone swings at it or takes it for a strike. It’s early though. The strike zone has been a bit inconsistent. 

RING OF HONOR and LouDog like this

Just now, Black Francis said:

You’re right, but it’s Nola. Everyone swings at it or takes it for a strike. It’s early though. The strike zone has been a bit inconsistent. 

Yeah Nola definetly has that pitch down. Hopefully Riley sees it coming next go around

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Very inconsistent

I think Riley will be fine

Dallas Keuchel doing what he's known for, getting outs and keeping the pitch count down. Only 33 pitches through 3.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Dallas Keuchel doing what he's known for, getting outs and keeping the pitch count down. Only 33 pitches through 3.

I almost said the same, but the other day when i commented that Soroka only threw 28 through the first 3 he threw 25 the next inning so i figured i wouldnt jinx keuchel lmao

4 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I love what Gary Sheffield said about those types of pitches.  He said he wouldn't even swing at that junk.  He said he would make you a TWO PITCH pitcher.  He swung at only fastballs and I believe sliders.  Anything else he wouldn't fool with. He made you come TO HIM...

Image result for GARY SHEFFIELD GIF

LouDog likes this