33 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, papachaz said:

NOT find this picture posted already, man some of us are slipping!

We are straight trippin P!  

papachaz likes this

42 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I think he tries to catch stray sacks. Meaning he purposely opens himself to catch a qb running his way like he did Rodgers in 2017 when Poe ran him to his side. If he doesn’t get there initially he sits back waiting on a scramble. That’s how it always looks to me if he can’t get there. Almost like he goes into spy mode. And he’s actually caught some sacks that way. 

You think its scheme bro or just vic?

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I think he tries to catch stray sacks. Meaning he purposely opens himself to catch a qb running his way like he did Rodgers in 2017 when Poe ran him to his side. If he doesn’t get there initially he sits back waiting on a scramble. That’s how it always looks to me if he can’t get there. Almost like he goes into spy mode. And he’s actually caught some sacks that way. 

Von Miller gets a lot of his sacks in that same fashion.

People forget, VB got many of his sacks in 2016 playing SAM as he did at LEO.....

papachaz and Ovie_Lover like this

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Am I wrong for thinking that Vic Beasley would benefit the most from lining up in a wide 9 set? The reason I mention this is because I think about Cliff Avril. If I recall the Seahawks lined him up in a wide 9 set a lot and let him use his speed to cut around the tackle and he really benefited from that. Beasley is about the same size and speed is his number 1 game. If he was out wider it would make it harder for tackles to get their hands on him.

He needs to play SLB.. or 7T. 

On 7/1/2019 at 4:48 AM, Iron Saint said:

How wide we talking? This wide?

UJB5IIDCRJHSLC6K6774UH7FR4.jpg

Or maybe this wide?

Vic+Beasley+Green+Bay+Packers+v+Atlanta+

If y’all want to line him up any wider y’all going to have to extend the field out into the parking lot.

:lol:

He can line up extra wide in the tunnel lol 

Flying Falcon and Iron Saint like this

17 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Ah dang it, I’m disappointed in myself for forgetting that! I had another one I whipped up real quick in Photoshop and was proud of, but the board wouldn’t let me post it because it was too big. <_<

But you’re right, this is pretty wide! :lol:

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

Cameraman: Sunova...Why u no use spin move?

Flying Falcon and Iron Saint like this

On 7/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, voicefromdade said:

I’ve actually changed my mind about this... Vic’s one advantage is his speed so by him lining up so wide it’s actually just creating more space/time for the tackle to step out to him.  I feel like if he would line up a little tighter he could use his first step to get around the tackle before he can unset.

the wide 9 would be more beneficial if Vic had a spin or bull rush, or anything to take advantage of the space he’s created.  I like tak lining wide because he can get around but he also has great push and the running start really helps that.

I tend to share this sentiment, When he lines up wide he gets washed out of play more times than not, and when he isn't being forced to run right past the QB he's trying to bull-rush guys as if he doesn't realize that's not his skill-set. It all boils down to whats been said 1000x he needs to develop his counters and pass rush moves. Its really that simple.