Jump to content

Soroka: Quietly Making A Run for Cy Young


FalconsIn2012
 Share

Recommended Posts

Talk about walking softly but carrying a big stick.  Soroka has to be 2nd behind Ryu for the CY.  On pace to go  20-2 with a 2.10 ERA.  And astonishingly he has surrendered just 64 hits.  Dang.

Time to give this guy some love.  Looks like the Glavine of our new dynasty.  Now we need a Smoltz.  Hoping for Maddux seems futile...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryu is the clear unarguable frontrunner, but Soroka isn't far behind. He's been quite the revelation this year - and boy did we need it with the way the elder statesmen starters we relied on coming into the season (Folty, Gausman, and Teheran to a significantly lesser degree) absolutely wet the bed this year. 

Ryu got absolutely lit up in yesterday's outing, and although he has avoided those all year (had only given up a max of 2 ER in any game all year prior to that 4 IP, 7 ER outing), he will need more of those if Soroka is going to catch him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Talk about walking softly but carrying a big stick.  Soroka has to be 2nd behind Ryu for the CY.  On pace to go  20-2 with a 2.10 ERA.  And astonishingly he has surrendered just 64 hits.  Dang.

Time to give this guy some love.  Looks like the Glavine of our new dynasty.  Now we need a Smoltz.  Hoping for Maddux seems futile...

Ian Anderson should anchor another spot in a year or so. He's been high on my list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Passprotection said:

Ian Anderson should anchor another spot in a year or so. He's been high on my list.

No doubt.  Look at his line from today

  • Ian Anderson, SP: 7 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 14 K, 2.94 ERA

Atlanta Braves Minor League Recap: Anderson Fans 14 in MBraves No Hitter

The Mississippi pitching staff stole the show in a combined no hitter. Ian Anderson set a team record with 14 strikeouts and Cristian Pache hit his 11th home run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No doubt.  Look at his line from today

  • Ian Anderson, SP: 7 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 14 K, 2.94 ERA

Atlanta Braves Minor League Recap: Anderson Fans 14 in MBraves No Hitter

The Mississippi pitching staff stole the show in a combined no hitter. Ian Anderson set a team record with 14 strikeouts and Cristian Pache hit his 11th home run.

Yep, I really like Soraka and Fried (haven't been a Folty fan - he dosent have the mentality to me), but think that Anderson will be the next great thing when he comes up.

When Christian comes up, we can move Acuna to a corner where he belongs (athletic enough to play center but lacks the instinct)

 

Edited by Passprotection
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, FalconsIn2020 said:

Talk about walking softly but carrying a big stick.  Soroka has to be 2nd behind Ryu for the CY.  On pace to go  20-2 with a 2.10 ERA.  And astonishingly he has surrendered just 64 hits.  Dang.

Time to give this guy some love.  Looks like the Glavine of our new dynasty.  Now we need a Smoltz.  Hoping for Maddux seems futile...

Give me Folty as Smoltz... but in closing role

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

I guess question is does he have the mindset for pressure closing, and wonder if FO questions as well..

Who the heIl knows what the FO and coaching staff thinks? I give up trying to figure them out. Just gonna sit back and cuss the TV after every move I don't like and hold my *** hoping it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Folty could go back to how he was last year i think he would be to good to be used as a closer. He was on the verge of being an ace until he lost it all mentally. If he could get back to that he would be one of our best pitchers. 

Edited by LouDog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Foltys mindset probably fits best as a closer. He could be an absolute bull out there for 1 inning. Just let it RIP for a handful of batters and call it a day. 

If he cant get his mind right, i agree. Man i had a lot of hope after that complete game last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...