Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jidady

ESPN is suggesting...

78 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, g-dawg said:

oh I know he likely will - give Lakers as good or better shot than Clips/Raps.   But I will bet you lunch that it will be a deal w/ a two year opt out.  80% chance he will be a free agent in 2021.  Not saying that would or should be the target in 2021 - a 30yr old Kawhi with injury history - but he will want that supermax deal then and by then he will have likely added a 3rd NBA Finals championship to his resume' and LeBron will be washed up.

Y’all really think so?  I could see him stay in We THe North over the Lakers. 

33 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Who says they can't pick and roll with Capela on some plays and not Collins?  Expand your playbook.  Thats what made Bud a great head coach. He took Popovich's playbook and expanded it in Atlanta.  Capela averaged 16 points a game on a team that tosses up 3 pointers and Atlanta does the same thing. This is not complicated.  Teams like Golden State STAY loaded with talent because they don't put their eggs in one or two baskets...

I'm not saying they can't or wouldn't because they do it with both Ded/Len, however the bulk of the offense is Trae/John with Ded/Len being able to do more offensively when the action isn't going to them in the typical PnR.

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Y’all really think so?  I could see him stay in We THe North over the Lakers. 

Certainly a possibility that he stays.

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Anything’s a possibility with that guy. Did you see his finals mvp speech?

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Did you change your name 2012?

No, that is Stormy’s account.  She tried to open it a few months ago but it finally got approved.  We’ve been sharing mine for so long I didn’t notice I was on her account when using her phone.  Duh

27 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Which team will bring the fans rest first:

Braves

Hawks

Falcons

UGA

41 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Braves

Hawks

Falcons

UGA

UGA is by far the closest as they are 3rd best right now and college football  doesn’t have an equitable way to distribute talent.

The remaining three Atlanta teams?  Hard to say - 2) Braves, 3) Falcons, 4) Hawks.  You could argue either way who is #2 but Braves have easier path to winning division and sometimes the worst team can beat the better team in baseball in playoffs.

Hawks could be the best in three years easily with maturing young talent and addition of a superstar via free agency.

46 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Braves

Hawks

Falcons

UGA

I don't know, if the Braves and their bats stay mostly hot during the postseason, then they could be a darkhorse to win it this season or at least make it to the World Series.

But I would say the Bulldogs overall.

FalconsIn2012 and g-dawg like this

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

UGA is by far the closest as they are 3rd best right now and college football  doesn’t have an equitable way to distribute talent.

The remaining three Atlanta teams?  Hard to say - 2) Braves, 3) Falcons, 4) Hawks.  You could argue either way who is #2 but Braves have easier path to winning division and sometimes the worst team can beat the better team in baseball in playoffs.

Hawks could be the best in three years easily with maturing young talent and addition of a superstar via free agency.

To be honest, it is possible for the Braves, Falcons, and Bulldogs to be major contenders for a championship this season.

The Hawks are a few years away, but their arrival could be sooner than expected if this draft class comes in and plays really well.

VTCrunkler and FalconsIn2012 like this

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

More likely to win SEC this year, UGA basketball or UGA football?  Hmmm

13 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

To be honest, it is possible for the Braves, Falcons, and Bulldogs to be major contenders for a championship this season.

The Hawks are a few years away, but their arrival could be sooner than expected if this draft class comes in and plays really well.

I like where your mind is at

Probably means GT will win it all just to annoy me

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Lol.  One player won’t win you SEC in basketball 

We got 5 top 100 recruits

Any new info on Edwards?  Do they show up early like football or do they focus on  summer AAU 

And any update on Fields?  I am rooting for him to win the Heisman.  

5 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I'm not saying they can't or wouldn't because they do it with both Ded/Len, however the bulk of the offense is Trae/John with Ded/Len being able to do more offensively when the action isn't going to them in the typical PnR.

what if they got him JUST FOR DEFENSE???:lol:   DUDE,  the guy has value.  Right now the Hawks can't stop ANYBODY in the paint.  Who cares if their wings get good on defense, you can make room for a rim defender...

FalconsIn2012 likes this

8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

what if they got him JUST FOR DEFENSE???:lol:   DUDE,  the guy has value.  Right now the Hawks can't stop ANYBODY in the paint.  Who cares if their wings get good on defense, you can make room for a rim defender...

Never said he didn't have value, Im just not interested in what it would take to get him snd his salary.

Nobody is paying $16 mil for just defense unless it's Rudy Gobert type defense. Pierce has already said last season he didn't/couldn't install much of his defensive game plan. This year he will.

Hawks are going to give these young guys a chance at playing defense.

VTCrunkler and blkbigdog35 like this

10 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Never said he didn't have value, Im just not interested in what it would take to get him snd his salary.

Nobody is paying $16 mil for just defense unless it's Rudy Gobert type defense. Pierce has already said last season he didn't/couldn't install much of his defensive game plan. This year he will.

Hawks are going to give these young guys a chance at playing defense.

heck, they paid 20 something for that scrub Bazemore...:lol:

FalconsIn2012 and VTCrunkler like this

29 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

heck, they paid 20 something for that scrub Bazemore...:lol:

Time and circumstance matters.

If that's the best you've got, this convo has run it's course. 

No.11 and g-dawg like this

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

It’s more important that the Center playing with Collins be capable of covering for his defensive weaknesses.  Same with the guard playing with Trae.  That’s why the draft made so much sense

Spts1 likes this

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

No he wouldn't, the main PnR action is with John Collins,not Capela. Trae/John PnR is effective because Dedmon/Len can clear the lane for the action.

Capela doesn't shoot or pass well enough from the PnR to say 'surround him with shooters'

Better defense on the wing (which I asdume we have upgraded) will help with defense in the paint.

100x this. 

I’ve made this same argument several times now too. 

Guys like Capela don’t fit what we do. Guys like Vooch do.

We already know Fernando can shoot, pass, slash, post, and shoot from 3.  What he needs to excel at to be the complete package for our scheme, on top of those things, is screen and defend the rim.

Capela ain’t that kind of player, though.

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Braves

Hawks

Falcons

UGA

I think another way to put it would be which championship victory would vindicate their respective fanbases the most 

5 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Time and circumstance matters.

If that's the best you've got, this convo has run it's course. 

Yes. Those things matter but who knows when or IF the Hawks will be a player in free agency or major trades. I've been on record saying they were gonna build primarily through the draft and will not spend big money now or in the future.  I'm responding to THIS scenario because it was thrown out there...

Atlanta will never get a high price FA, TS knows this, which is why we building through the draft, like GS and the Spurs before them. If this is a possibility CC would be a perfect addition to our line up. With him we are 3rd or fourth seed this year.

13 minutes ago, ATL-all-the-way/99 said:

Atlanta will never get a high price FA, TS knows this, which is why we building through the draft, like GS and the Spurs before them. If this is a possibility CC would be a perfect addition to our line up. With him we are 3rd or fourth seed this year.

Being the #3 seed is meaningless.  A few years ago we were #1 seed and had no shot at winning a title.

Don’t tell me about signing a free agent to get a higher seed in the playoffs - that is meaningless.

Everyone has forgotten or will forget the season we won 60 games and were #1 seed - why?  Because making moves with 2nd tier free agents that eat up cap space is not what most Hawks fans nor Schlenk want.  We want titles.

jayu70, blkbigdog35, Beef and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, ATL-all-the-way/99 said:

This is silly. Have you listened to any Schlenk interviews?

What do you think he’s planning to do with the $80M of cap space we will have after this season?

All our rookies will still have 2-4 years under rookie contracts left.

It’s a variable certainty we will sign at least one max-deal FA next season, and then fill a few openings with expiring contracts to save room for a bigger deal we’ll eventually have to dish out to Collins after 2020.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

This is silly. Have you listened to any Schlenk interviews?

What do you think he’s planning to do with the $80M of cap space we will have after this season?

All our rookies will still have 2-4 years under rookie contracts left.

It’s a variable certainty we will sign at least one max-deal FA next season, and then fill a few openings with expiring contracts to save room for a bigger deal we’ll eventually have to dish out to Collins after 2020.

I remember when the Braves GM said "  I can shop on any aisle "...:lol: