Braves @ Mets

Unknøwn

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah he had 2 good seasons and 6 or 7 bad. I just didnt expect that to translate into a 0.54 ERA lol

I honestly think he just couldn't handle the pressure of pitching in New York. His bad seasons were 2016 with the Yankees and 2018 with the Mets. His "terribleness" with the Mariners was 2 or 3 bad games that inflated his numbers because early in the season it only takes a couple bad outings for a relief pitcher to kill his overall numbers. Since 2013 (first full year as a reliever) aside from those two seasons mentioned he's been a pretty good pitcher. Even with those 2 bad seasons his ERA since 2013 is 3.65. His FIP is 3.83.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I honestly think he just couldn't handle the pressure of pitching in New York. His bad seasons were 2016 with the Yankees and 2018 with the Mets. His "terribleness" with the Mariners was 2 or 3 bad games that inflated his numbers because early in the season it only takes a couple bad outings for a relief pitcher to kill his overall numbers. Since 2013 (first full year as a reliever) aside from those two seasons mentioned he's been a pretty good pitcher.

Either way im glad with what he is doing now. Still hate seeing Luke out there in the ninth. I wish they would move him to the 6th or 7th and have Swarzak close

Archived