Unknøwn

Braves @ Mets

550 posts in this topic

Just now, E. T. said:

Some lolly gagers make a lot of money....lol

That is true.  I love them being lollygaggers.  This makes it easier to win a series.  

50 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Man i dont know how Swarzak turned into such a good pitcher after sucking for basically the past decade but im good with it lol

He had a 2.33 ERA in 70 games in 2017. That's why I thought he had a shot to be good for the Braves.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He had a 2.33 ERA in 70 games in 2017. That's why I thought he had a shot to be good for the Braves.

Yeah he had 2 good seasons and 6 or 7 bad. I just didnt expect that to translate into a 0.54 ERA lol

3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Yeah he had 2 good seasons and 6 or 7 bad. I just didnt expect that to translate into a 0.54 ERA lol

I honestly think he just couldn't handle the pressure of pitching in New York. His bad seasons were 2016 with the Yankees and 2018 with the Mets. His "terribleness" with the Mariners was 2 or 3 bad games that inflated his numbers because early in the season it only takes a couple bad outings for a relief pitcher to kill his overall numbers. Since 2013 (first full year as a reliever) aside from those two seasons mentioned he's been a pretty good pitcher. Even with those 2 bad seasons his ERA since 2013 is 3.65. His FIP is 3.83.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I honestly think he just couldn't handle the pressure of pitching in New York. His bad seasons were 2016 with the Yankees and 2018 with the Mets. His "terribleness" with the Mariners was 2 or 3 bad games that inflated his numbers because early in the season it only takes a couple bad outings for a relief pitcher to kill his overall numbers. Since 2013 (first full year as a reliever) aside from those two seasons mentioned he's been a pretty good pitcher.

Either way im glad with what he is doing now. Still hate seeing Luke out there in the ninth. I wish they would move him to the 6th or 7th and have Swarzak close

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

2 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

The gNats are gonna over take the Philth by All-star break.

If they do im guessing we will have a lot to do with that

Im hoping Julio contonues his domination of the mets today. Even when he is on a bad run he usually puts up a good performance against New York

Braves need to put the boys from Queens out of their misery. Monday would be a good day to fire Callaway.