Unknøwn

Braves @ Mets

550 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Don't let Malachore fool you, Wilson pitched much better than his line indicates. With a little defensive help he would have been through 5 innings given up only 3 runs with a shot to pitch the 6th. I'm glad he's gonna be getting another start and hopefully the defense will show up.

And he's going up against a lineup that isn't as good as the Cubs. The Phillies have some pop, but not like the Cubs

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eeehhh.

Wilson kinda looked like a 1 TTO reliever in that game. Maybe if McCann catches him and has him throw more off speed, he'll look better, but his arsenal is short and off speed isn't as good as the fastball.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some plans around that game though. The Braves basically had a bullpen game in game 2 vs the Phillies last time (Newcomb was not going to be long for that game and Touki was gonna pitch regardless), and nearly pulled off a win. It wouldn't surprise me if they went for a BP game again this time to leave options open for after the break with *potentially* putting Touki or Newcomb back in the rotation (although with Newcomb, they *really* need to go get someone for the pen before opting into that), because I don't think they're going to rush Folty this go around and the earliest he'll be back is probably mid-August.

If you see no Touki or Newcomb tomorrow (Newcomb is likely out regardless on tomorrow and should've been last night), that'll firm up my idea that they have this plan.

That being said, Flowers will probably catch Wilson, they'll call too many fastballs, and after the 1st TTO, he'll probably be caught up to.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

And he's going up against a lineup that isn't as good as the Cubs. The Phillies have some pop, but not like the Cubs

When you can't keep the ball down and your best pitch is a fastball then it doesn't matter what lineup you are facing, you are going to get hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Malachore said:

When you can't keep the ball down and your best pitch is a fastball then it doesn't matter what lineup you are facing, you are going to get hit.

If the Braves gave up on pitchers as quick as you do we never would have had Smoltz and Glavine dominate the league for us for over a decade. Both guys had ERAs around 5.50 their first season. You would have been screaming for them to never pitch again. You have to go through growing pains with the young guys sometimes to see what their true potential is. Everybody doesnt come up dominating from day one like Maddux did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If the Braves gave up on pitchers as quick as you do we never would have had Smoltz and Glavine dominate the league for us for over a decade. Both guys had ERAs around 5.50 their first season. You would have been screaming for them to never pitch again. You have to go through growing pains with the young guys sometimes to see what their true potential is. Everybody doesnt come up dominating from day one like Maddux did.

Even Maddux had an ERA over 5 each of his first 2 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If the Braves gave up on pitchers as quick as you do we never would have had Smoltz and Glavine dominate the league for us for over a decade. Both guys had ERAs around 5.50 their first season. You would have been screaming for them to never pitch again. You have to go through growing pains with the young guys sometimes to see what their true potential is. Everybody doesnt come up dominating from day one like Maddux did.

He didn't need to dominate, he needed to pitch like a ML level pitcher. So far we've not gotten many from this rebuild.

Also my statement you quoted is applicable for any pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He didn't need to dominate, he needed to pitch like a ML level pitcher. So far we've not gotten many from this rebuild.

Also my statement you quoted is applicable for any pitcher.

Did smoltz and glavine pitch like mlb level pitchers their first year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Even Maddux had an ERA over 5 each of his first 2 years

True. had to check the stats. For some reason i thought he had better numbers early on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LouDog said:

Did smoltz and glavine pitch like mlb level pitchers their first year?

I honestly don't give a ****.

I don't gotta give the guy a chance. Let me have my own opinion and you have yours.

You're just another guy who obviously believes everyone should share their POV. I remember when people were allowed to have opinions on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I honestly don't give a ****.

I don't gotta give the guy a chance. Let me have my own opinion and you have yours.

You're just another guy who obviously believes everyone should share their POV. I remember when people were allowed to have opinions on here.

Pretty sure i was having a civil converstaion and you didn't like my view point so you snapped. Re-read the converstaion dude. Who is getting mad that others don't share their point of view again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Pretty sure i was having a civil converstaion and you didn't like my view point so you snapped. Re-read the converstaion dude. Who is getting mad that others don't share their point of view again?

I'm pretty sure I said the kid isn't going to do **** living up in the zone with 1 pitch then you felt the need to attack my judgment of players.

Or was your novel about guys who haven't pitched for us in a decade something else?

 I'm not mad that you don't share my point of view I'm just tired of a nit picking bullship that a certain group of you guys have a problem with the fact that I don't see everything is sunshine and daisies deal with it is not going to change because I'm tired of waiting on these guys..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm pretty sure I said the kid isn't going to do **** living up in the zone with 1 pitch then you felt the need to attack my judgment of players.

Or was your novel about guys who haven't pitched for us in a decade something else?

 I'm not mad that you don't share my point of view I'm just tired of a nit picking bullship that a certain group of you guys have a problem with the fact that I don't see everything is sunshine and daisies deal with it is not going to change because I'm tired of waiting on these guys..

Dude its a Messageboard. People discuss different points of view on message boards. At no point did i say anything rude or out of line. I stated my response to a post you made. Which is what happens on messgaeboards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Dude its a Messageboard. People discuss different points of view on message boards. At no point did i say anything rude or out of line. I stated my response to a post you made. Which is what happens on messgaeboards.

Have or have you not called me negative because of my POV?

Does mine differ from yours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Have or have you not called me negative because of my POV?

Does mine differ from yours? 

You are negative. Did i lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LouDog said:

You are negative. Did i lie?

Yes I am negative because I don't share your POV. You've taken the place of another guy on here who likes to manipulate words in order to skirt their own inaccuracies. 

Did I lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yes I am negative because I don't share your POV. You've taken the place of another guy on here who likes to manipulate words in order to skirt their own inaccuracies. 

Did I lie?

Thr internet is serious business huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Thr internet is serious business huh?

idk you're the one initiating the dialog so you tell me. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

idk you're the one initiating the dialog so you tell me. :shrug:

Nope. i was the one having a converstaion. You were the one that had the melt down.

Edited by LouDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Nope. i was the one having a converstaion. You were the one that had the melt down.

You must either have estrogen or live in a bubble if you think that was a meltdown.

Although I notice your go to is usually that instead of admitting fault. I'm done with this circle jerk though. Don't respond to me if you don't want one back.

And before you try to twist words again, YOU were the one who responded to me. Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You must either have estrogen or live in a bubble if you think that was a meltdown.

Although I notice your go to is usually that instead of admitting fault. I'm done with this circle jerk though. Don't respond to me if you don't want one back.

And before you try to twist words again, YOU were the one who responded to me. Peace.

Lmao. I really hope im talking to a 15 year-old sitting in his moms basement or something because if you are an adult this ***** is pitiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Lmao. I really hope im talking to a 15 year-old sitting in his moms basement or something because if you are an adult this ***** is pitiful.

Bro how is this any different?

You're no different. You're just proving the point I made earlier that you tried to backpedal. 

I'll just put you on ignore although I'll miss out on gems like "We should trade Nick Markakis for bullpen help".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Bro how is this any different?

You're no different. You're just proving the point I made earlier that you tried to backpedal. 

I'll just put you on ignore although I'll miss out on gems like "We should trade Nick Markakis for bullpen help".

Thought you werent responding anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

BLOCKED :tiphat:

Lmfao ill miss the wonderful unbiased insight on our Braves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now