Unknøwn

All Star Game

123 posts in this topic

Pretty ridiculous that the Mets have the same number of All-star as the Braves. Joke that the Rockies have more all-stars than the Braves.

Not sure why no other Braves position players made it. Albies, Swanson, or Riley would’ve been candidates. 

3 minutes ago, dmite said:

Not sure why no other Braves position players made it. Albies, Swanson, or Riley would’ve been candidates. 

Swanson got knocked out because the Cardinals are required to have a rep. So DeJong goes as the SS. OF is a tough field to crack for Riley. 

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Swanson got knocked out because the Cardinals are required to have a rep. So DeJong goes as the SS. OF is a tough field to crack for Riley. 

McCann lost out to Realmuto for that same reason. 

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Think it’s time for that rule to go ahead unless you’re the hosting city.  I understand the reason for it, but you have to feel cheap getting selected for that reason. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

26 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The funny thing is the $330M man Bryce Harper couldn't even make the roster.

He's not very liked... even by his home city,  but then again,  that's Philly for you. 

maorifalcon and Falconsfan567 like this

1 hour ago, dmite said:

Think it’s time for that rule to go ahead unless you’re the hosting city.  I understand the reason for it, but you have to feel cheap getting selected for that reason. 

Couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, dmite said:

It's ridiculous!! Even the NFL which has more roster spots doesn't even require a player from every team be represented.

I don't have a problem with every team getting a representative. The game doesn't count, it's for the fans so let every fan have a player to watch.

Yeah, when they put the World Series advantage in there then the rule needed to change. Now it doesn't really matter. It sucks that some guys deserve to be there and dont make it but it's a big show for the fans. They want every fanbase to be able to tune in. To me the MLB game is a million times better than any other leagues all star game.

47 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Acuna batting 9th is a joke. Should be leading off.

I noticed that too.  The NL manager said he is 21 and needs to earn the right to bat higher

52 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I noticed that too.  The NL manager said he is 21 and needs to earn the right to bat higher

I think hitting dingers at leadoff has earned him the right to leadoff.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

31 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I think hitting dingers at leadoff has earned him the right to leadoff.

I think the grand slam against his team last year proved enough...

Malachore, Nereek and BamaBirdLady like this

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's an exhibition game, where anyone hits doesnt really matter. He'll get his ABs.

I believe the winner get world series advantage