FalconsIn2020

Falcons Banking on Takk:

58 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, LeoAz93 said:

I think these stats are a little misleading because we all know Vic's breakout year was his 2nd season, which seems to be an aberration. They designed stunts and blitzes for Vic to accumulate those numbers and that was just a magical season in general. Not many of those sacks in his breakout season were due to his proficiency with his hands or because he could consistently beat guys with pass rushing moves. The love for Takk is more so due to people projecting for his potential. You can see on Sunday's that he just simply has a higher motor than Vic, he just needs to learn to finish and with that he'll start to get 10+ sacks a season. 

Also I'm not completely out on Vic but i am down on him, I think like most on this board that this season is make or break, he's gotta find his niche now. 

Nice, objective post. And my post wasn’t to bash Takk. It was simply trying to prove a point that several fans love his behavior and his loud persona. But he hasn’t actually backed it up on the field yet. I hope he breaks out this year. I’m just tired of the talking 

PokerSteve, GrimeyKidd and LeoAz93 like this

19 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Vic’s first 2 seasons: 32 games, 65 tackles, 19.5 sacks, 21 QB hits, 8 FF, 13 TFL. 

Takk’s first 2 seasons: 31 games, 44 tackles, 13 sacks, 25 QB hits, 2 FF, 14 TFL.

We all hate Vic, but love Takk. Why? 

Because Vic hasnt shown ANYTHING but standing in a tunnel since his 1st 2 years here.

PokerSteve likes this

9 minutes ago, shc said:

My thought would be Vic had that breakout season opposite Dwight Freeney.  Tak had similar numbers opposite Vic.

BINGO!!!!

Cheap Talk likes this

1 hour ago, LeoAz93 said:

I think these stats are a little misleading because we all know Vic's breakout year was his 2nd season, which seems to be an aberration. They designed stunts and blitzes for Vic to accumulate those numbers and that was just a magical season in general. Not many of those sacks in his breakout season were due to his proficiency with his hands or because he could consistently beat guys with pass rushing moves. The love for Takk is more so due to people projecting for his potential. You can see on Sunday's that he just simply has a higher motor than Vic, he just needs to learn to finish and with that he'll start to get 10+ sacks a season. 

Also I'm not completely out on Vic but i am down on him, I think like most on this board that this season is make or break, he's gotta find his niche now. 

This is a great video made by one of our awesome posters on TATF.  Vic has stopped doing much of what you see in this video.  As @vel told me, Vic is not playing the same way as he did in 2016.  No hands, no counter moves.  Watch the video.  This is still in Vic.  Hope Quinn brings it out of him @JD dirtybird21

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This is a great video made by one of our awesome posters on TATF.  Vic has stopped doing much of what you see in this video.  As @vel told me, Vic is not playing the same way as he did in 2016.  No hands, no counter moves.  Watch the video.  This is still in Vic.  Hope Quinn brings it out of him @JD dirtybird21

I would love to see him put it together like that again, if him and Takk can become disruptive pass rushers, with the talent we have on the offensive side of the ball coupled with what i believe will be an improved secondary, we'd definitely be legit contenders to win the SB

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Just now, LeoAz93 said:

I would love to see him put it together like that again, if him and Takk can become disruptive pass rushers, with the talent we have on the offensive side of the ball coupled with what i believe will be an improved secondary, we'd definitely be legit contenders to win the SB

Bookend double digit sacks coming in 2019.  I’ve been saying it since Vic was kept.  He will get a sack for every $1,000,000 we pay him this year.

That said, even if he replicates 2016, I still hope we let him walk in the offseason.

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Bookend double digit sacks coming in 2019.  I’ve been saying it since Vic was kept.  He will get a sack for every $1,000,000 we pay him this year.

That said, even if he replicates 2016, I still hope we let him walk in the offseason.

I tend to agree, even if he has a big season this season there would still be a question of consistency. One thing I will say from just going back and looking at the footage from 2016, I still don't see a variety of moves, he obviously has tremendous speed and that's what stuck on film the most. An explosive first step and he'd overwhelm certain tackles with slower foot speed. Just from my memories of that season there were times even in his breakout season where he disappeared much too often. He hasn't shown the ability to convert from speed to power and he hasn't developed any significant counter moves either. If he add those things to his game he could be really good for the team.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Just now, LeoAz93 said:

I tend to agree, even if he has a big season this season there would still be a question of consistency. One thing I will say from just going back and looking at the footage from 2016, I still don't see a variety of moves, he obviously has tremendous speed and that's what stuck on film the most. An explosive first step and he'd overwhelm certain tackles with slower foot speed. Just from my memories of that season there were times even in his breakout season where he disappeared much too often. He hasn't shown the ability to convert from speed to power and he hasn't developed any significant counter moves either. If he add those things to his game he could be really good for the team.

When he wins the edge he was using his hands better to gain a bit of leverage to transition from speed to power.  That is the reason for many of his FF’s

PokerSteve and LeoAz93 like this

40 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Well he’s also playing for the biggest pay day of his life this season. If that doesn’t cause extra motivation, nothing will. 

23 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well he’s also playing for the biggest pay day of his life this season. If that doesn’t cause extra motivation, nothing will. 

Last year was essentially a contract year, too...

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Vic has played in a confused state the past couple seasons. I strongly suspect some of that was due to Quinn asking him to do multiple duties (I.e. playing in place of LBer Riley a lot in ‘17, dropping back in coverage instead of pinning ears back and rushing QB, playing a ‘spy’ role against dual-threat QBs, etc etc).....of course, this wasn’t all why he played poorly (last year especially), but Quinn should be diligently working with VB individually to get his head back on straight on what he needs to do this upcoming season.

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Vic has played in a confused state the past couple seasons. I strongly suspect some of that was due to Quinn asking him to do multiple duties (I.e. playing in place of LBer Riley a lot in ‘17, dropping back in coverage instead of pinning ears back and rushing QB, playing a ‘spy’ role against dual-threat QBs, etc etc).....of course, this wasn’t all why he played poorly (last year especially), but Quinn should be diligently working with VB individually to get his head back on straight on what he needs to do this upcoming season.

All Pro, Sack leader: lets change up his game This offseason.  Made no sense 

Vandy, PokerSteve and GrimeyKidd like this

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He doesn’t have similar numbers. Vic has several more sacks, tackles, and forced fumbles. And the point is, Takk hasn’t actually showed signs of being worth his draft selection. He’s been very average on the field but he talks a big game. Vic hasn’t been great either but he at least has a 1st team all pro season under his belt. And we hate him 

<_< VB had 16 sacks in one of those seasons as well.  That is why people hate him.  He balled out and then came back down to earth.  Takk has been about as consistent as you can be.  Not to mention year 1 coming off injury he doubled up VB sack numbers

Bunchy Carter likes this

19 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Like so many guys he has the physical  tool set to be a good player.

But it is now he used those tools is  up to him

If he and Vic can be the players that the should be...... the edge rush could be awesome

Yes to this, but I'm really hoping for some consistent push from the inside. We get that and our DE's will party. 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Vic’s first 2 seasons: 32 games, 65 tackles, 19.5 sacks, 21 QB hits, 8 FF, 13 TFL. 

Takk’s first 2 seasons: 31 games, 44 tackles, 13 sacks, 25 QB hits, 2 FF, 14 TFL.

We all hate Vic, but love Takk. Why? 

Because: DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

Flying Falcon likes this

20 hours ago, Vandy said:

Thank you for placing some blame on DQ it isn’t just Vic. I believe DQ stunted his growth by doing that. He isn’t this all around player. Decent in coverage but dang let him do what he was drafted but for get to the QB let him focus on that and get back to how he did it before. Hopefully with Quinn fully running the defense again this happens

Vandy likes this

19 hours ago, Chaz said:

Yes to this, but I'm really hoping for some consistent push from the inside. We get that and our DE's will party. 

Yup.

As good as Grady and Crawford were...we still got very inconsistent inside pass rush up the middle.

The drum that I have been beating is that it is not one player or position group.

To be a great or even good defense we need to have everything working together.

The inside guys need to crash the pocket.

The edge guys need to set and crash the edge.

The linebackers need to provide underneath coverage

And the secondary need to be where they are suppose to be.

It is not just one guy....ever

VTCrunkler, Chaz, Ergo Proxy and 1 other like this

On 6/28/2019 at 0:00 PM, Flying Falcon said:

Because Vic hasnt shown ANYTHING but standing in a tunnel since his 1st 2 years here.

He was on pace to equal his 2016 sacks before tearing his quad which rendered him useless the rest of the season.  He had 4 sacks in his first 6 games

Last year, once things finally settled after all the injuries, he had 5 sacks in the last 7 games.  He easily could have had 10 sacks last year.  Easily.  He won twice easily vs the Saints, should have been 2 sacks but Brees pulled a Houdini.

Quinn Know’s more than any 5 of us combined when it comes to his scheme.  He kept Vic for a reason.  

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

On 6/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

All Pro, Sack leader: lets change up his game This offseason.  Made no sense 

That wasn’t the plan. Duke Riley became a major problem at LB.

Teams kept us in base defense more often in 2017; IIRC but you’ll have to verify this. The playoff run didn’t Vic also spy on RW? So, the spying aspect vs mobile QBs or playing contain vs the option is correct Defense.

Last year, we couldn’t do anything defensively. Not a fair shake to grade situational pass rusher; which Vic is, when Base D is getting gashed or the DBs aren’t on the same page and letting free passes come out.

To me, Takk is the physical type to take over and impact out of base D. Vic needs opportunities. Covering at LB in base D doesn’t hurt his pass rush chances as much in 2017 IF we didn’t have the scoring offense woes. That enabled teams to play ball control and keep away. Big difference than the shootouts of 2016.

At some point, Vic has to be accountable. It’s gonna cost him next offseason.