jfalconsp

Grady Jarrett Deal Close?

216 posts in this topic

 I deal with contracts for a living. So here’s what could be happening.

With big complex deals as the one would be with Grady Jarrett, you typically agree to the main terms and conditions of the contract  in a non binding letter of intent format such as length of term, guaranteed amount up front, annual amounts, incentives, roster bonuses etc.

Once the main deal points in letter of intent are signed off on, you have the attorneys draft the full hundred page contract that will typically bounce back and forth between each sides legal counsel making tweaks, clarifying language, until an executable contract is finalized. Only then does it get fully executed.

It sounds to me the main terms of the deal have been agreed to which is what Grady Jarrett is jacked up about. So the delay at this point is the attorneys for each side getting the 100 page contract ironed out and once it’s signed by both parties, it becomes legally binding and at that point will be publicly announced .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Hopefully the deal is done and it’s just not announced yet. Would be nice to have him and Julio done before camp

 I really hope this will work with Grady, but not for Aaron Donald money! 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Hate to be cynical but the Great Invisible Sky wizard isn't going to care about a single persons plights.

 

 

I agree.  If there is any fictional character we should pray to, it is Gandolf.  He at least tried to help out the humans.  

runshoot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And the stupidity is beginning. Thread locked in 3.....2.....

Nah I reported Mashburns God thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with Falcons. Mods arent really around anymore, you can tell.

ya_boi_j and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And the stupidity is beginning. Thread locked in 3.....2.....

Yep.  Every time there is even a mention of religious belief, these gomers have to come in spouting stupidity.  Every single time.

For people who pretend they are so absolutely certain something doesn't exist, I've never seen a more defensive bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Hate to be cynical but the Great Invisible Sky wizard isn't going to care about a single persons plights.

 

 

The concept of God is a lot bigger then Jesus. Jesus is just a route to get people to grasp the concept because it’s a being they can look to and feel familiarity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Hate to be cynical but the Great Invisible Sky wizard isn't going to care about a single persons plights.

 

 

Why do people have to make snide comments against the faith of others? What possible good does it do?  My guess is that you would not look Grady Jarrett in the eye, face to face and man to man and call the God he prays to “the great invisible sky wizard”. Our God DOES care about the plights of individuals  

For your sake you better hope that you are right about that description. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

The concept of God is a lot bigger then Jesus. Jesus is just a route to get people to grasp the concept because it’s a being they can look to and feel familiarity. 

 

1 hour ago, dawgsjw said:

I agree.  If there is any fictional character we should pray to, it is Gandolf.  He at least tried to help out the humans.  

congratz, yall have doomed this thread and is bound to get locked. Really good job:tiphat:

i mean this in the respectful way i can say it .... “NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR RELIGIOUS VIEWS, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF”. A thread about a falcons player and yall manage to turn it into a debate about nothing. Smh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Hate to be cynical but the Great Invisible Sky wizard isn't going to care about a single persons plights.

 

 

You don't "Hate to be cynical," because if you did, then you'd keep your beliefs (or non-beliefs) to yourself. Instead, like other non-believers, you take a tone that is critical of the believers as if your opinion is the right one. I guess you just needed some attention this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Hate to be cynical but the Great Invisible Sky wizard isn't going to care about a single persons plights.

 

 

This is rich. You invent a God that lacks compassion for humankind, then suggest the God you invented doesn’t exist. 

Thats a pretty neat trick. There’s a certain synergy to it. 

Guess what? I don’t believe in the God you invented either.

 
Pin image
 

 

FalconsIn2020 and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

Why do people have to make snide comments against the faith of others? What possible good does it do?  My guess is that you would not look Grady Jarrett in the eye, face to face and man to man and call the God he prays to “the great invisible sky wizard”. Our God DOES care about the plights of individuals  

For your sake you better hope that you are right about that description. 

Consider the source. That guy brings nothing useful here. All of his posts are complete crap

Falconsfan567 and 4dabirds like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they will announce Grady and Julio deals at the same time. Make a huge splash in the quiet of the NFL world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gazoo said:

 I deal with contracts for a living. So here’s what could be happening.

With big complex deals as the one would be with Grady Jarrett, you typically agree to the main terms and conditions of the contract  in a non binding letter of intent format such as length of term, guaranteed amount up front, annual amounts, incentives, roster bonuses etc.

Once the main deal points in letter of intent are signed off on, you have the attorneys draft the full hundred page contract that will typically bounce back and forth between each sides legal counsel making tweaks, clarifying language, until an executable contract is finalized. Only then does it get fully executed.

It sounds to me the main terms of the deal have been agreed to which is what Grady Jarrett is jacked up about. So the delay at this point is the attorneys for each side getting the 100 page contract ironed out and once it’s signed by both parties, it becomes legally binding and at that point will be publicly announced .

I am fairly certain his attorney, agent & Falcons FO said don’t send out any cryptic tweets until the final details are ironed out.  

I don’t see why they would finalize a deal until after the season.  We have already suffered the consequences of a 16 mill CAP hit which hurt our ability to add much to our defense.  Let him play under the TAG.  If we sign him now and he suffers a knee injury we are on the losing end of the deal (sounds cut throat but it’s a business).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gazoo said:

This is rich. You invent a God that lacks compassion for humankind, then suggest the God you invented doesn’t exist. 

Thats a pretty neat trick. There’s a certain synergy to it. 

Guess what? I don’t believe in the God you invented either.

 
Pin image
 

 

This is true.  A persons faith, or absence of faith, is a very personal matter.  It’s not for anyone to judge or try and change.

 It doesn’t belong on this forum in any capacity unless it’s a healthy, non-judgmental discourse.

Believe whatever you want.  It’s called free will. I will never judge or otherwise criticize your beliefs, so please extend me the same courtesy by not pushing yours on me.

More people die in the name of God than any other reason.  It’s a disgusting perversion of the Bible. If there is a God and a Judgment does occur, the zealots will be the first ones taking the elevator down.  

And yes, I realize I just passed judgment, thus breaking my rule in paragraph 1

 

gazoo, MAD597 and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.