Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons_Frenzy

Vick's top 25 plays on NFL.com

103 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Ah yes I forgot about that. 

Oh and peerless price....nuff said. 

He beat the Packers in Lambeau in the playoffs (which had never been done before) with Quentin McCord at WR. 

VTCrunkler likes this

So who else of us old schoolers on the MB from around 2002-03 remember the conversations of "Can we line Vick up at CB on defense"? LOL!!

VTCrunkler and Nino11 like this

In fact, the perfect example is Kapernick.  Harbaugh drafted him because he saw the dual threat capability that he could exploit running a conventional pro set offense with run options mixed in there.  Before Vick, Harbaugh would have received great flack for doing that...

thamill likes this

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

In fact, the perfect example is Kapernick.  Harbaugh drafted him because he saw the dual threat capability that he could exploit running a conventional pro set offense with run options mixed in there.  Before Vick, Harbaugh would have received great flack for doing that...

Exactly.  He would have been seen as a gimmick QB.  The funny thing is Allen Iverson used to play QB like Vick back in High School.  I think they may have gone to the same school.  I often wonder if he hadn't gone to the NBA and had pursued football how he would have fared. 

VTCrunkler and slickgadawg like this

7 minutes ago, thamill said:

Exactly.  He would have been seen as a gimmick QB.  The funny thing is Allen Iverson used to play QB like Vick back in High School.  I think they may have gone to the same school.  I often wonder if he hadn't gone to the NBA and had pursued football how he would have fared. 

Watch Vick in this national championship game against Florida State.  Florida State was a monster that year and Vick nearly took them down.  You see the WHOLE package in this game:  The accurate throws. The deep throws.  The drop offs to the backs, the pocket escape ability, the running ability, he put on a show...

thamill likes this

18 minutes ago, thamill said:

They didn’t go to the same school but they were close to each other in proximities.  Allen ivy was a b-ball legend in the 757 from his early days as bubba chuck

thamill and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

They didn’t go to the same school but they were close to each other in proximities.  Allen ivy was a b-ball legend in the 757 from his early days as bubba chuck

As you know better than anyone VT, that small area has produced so many star athletes. It’s crazy.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefeated.com/features/nfl-hampton-roads-pipeline-top-tier-talent/amp/

VTCrunkler and thamill like this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

As you better than anyone VT, that small area has produced so many star athletes. It’s crazy.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefeated.com/features/nfl-hampton-roads-pipeline-top-tier-talent/amp/

It is crazy. Whoever controls the 757 will have a good recruiting class and a probable good record. VT owned it for years. But prior to, including and Mack brown swooped in and dominated. More recently UVa has had some recruiting successes. 

Vandy and thamill like this

3 hours ago, thamill said:

He beat the Packers in Lambeau in the playoffs (which had never been done before) with Quentin McCord at WR. 

Yes. But his defense was the real MVP. They forced 5 turnovers and held that offense to 7 points 

RING OF HONOR and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Watch Vick in this national championship game against Florida State.  Florida State was a monster that year and Vick nearly took them down.  You see the WHOLE package in this game:  The accurate throws. The deep throws.  The drop offs to the backs, the pocket escape ability, the running ability, he put on a show...

I was at that game. Snuck a fifth into my front pocket at the SuperDome 

slickgadawg likes this

True story, probably around 2005 at North Beach Grill on Tybee was having several cocktails and this old timer walked by with a "Got Vick" T-Shirt (All the rage "Got Milk" ) thing at the time. I told old guy I liked his shirt, and he took off and said if I wear it now I can have it. I'm not much on shirt sharing amongst buddies, much lest strangers, but I took and put on. Gave him my shirt, don't remember what was. That became my go to, even cut the sleeves off when got tore up...

Would not wear after debacle, more because just what his arrest did to franchise. Wound up burning after abyss Falcons fell into a couple of years into it.

Man would have been nice to see what he and a receiver of Julio clout could have achieved...

9 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

True story, probably around 2005 at North Beach Grill on Tybee was having several cocktails and this old timer walked by with a "Got Vick" T-Shirt (All the rage "Got Milk" ) thing at the time. I told old guy I liked his shirt, and he took off and said if I wear it now I can have it. I'm not much on shirt sharing amongst buddies, much lest strangers, but I took and put on. Gave him my shirt, don't remember what was. That became my go to, even cut the sleeves off when got tore up...

Would not wear after debacle, more because just what his arrest did to franchise. Wound up burning after abyss Falcons fell into a couple of years into it.

Man would have been nice to see what he and a receiver of Julio clout could have achieved...

Welcome to the board....all I heard was Tybee....I just got back...

Love it...

28 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

whyd we get rid of phillips again?

Our 2003 defense unfortunately was ranked 32nd. And he went with Reeves. I would have happily held onto him though. Better than any D coordinator we’ve had since. 

VTCrunkler and Vandy like this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Our 2003 defense unfortunately was ranked 32nd. And he went with Reeves. I would have happily held onto him though. Better than any D coordinator we’ve had since. 

yeah seems like another mistake in hindsight.  oh well.  hes still strumming along tho...hes had a whale of a career hof worthy..

JD dirtybird21 and Vandy like this

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Wasn't He our interim HC for a few games JD after Reeves was canned by Arthur?

VTCrunkler and JD dirtybird21 like this

Just now, Vandy said:

yeah i think he was

Vick was a beast.  I will never forget attending the Monday Night Football game that was a rematch and a chance to avenge our playoff loss up in Philly. The Dome was rockin that night...Philly fans chanting T.O.  And our birds kicking that a**.  It was truly a great time to be a Falcons fan.

thamill and VTCrunkler like this

7 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

Vick was a beast.  I will never forget attending the Monday Night Football game that was a rematch and a chance to avenge our playoff loss up in Philly. The Dome was rockin that night...Philly fans chanting T.O.  And our birds kicking that a**.  It was truly a great time to be a Falcons fan.

was that when Chad Lavalais planted McKnobb?

Nino11 likes this

58 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes he was. He went 2-1. Had Vick all 3 games. I’d have been good with him taking over as HC instead of Mora. 

That’s the other problem. Reeves and Wade both weren’t Blank’s guys. He inherited them. Their fate was pretty sealed.

Vandy and VTCrunkler like this

8 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

was that when Chad Lavalais planted McKnobb?

Wish I could remember VTC, alas that wonderful memory escapes me.  I do however, remember meangelo hall having a pick six that game and Vick being Vick running one in for a TD.  

VTCrunkler likes this