Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons_Frenzy

Vick's top 25 plays on NFL.com

103 posts in this topic

He was the most naturally talented QB that has ever played. Shame that he fell so incredibly short of his potential... Always wondered what would have happened if we had kept Reeves, maybe Vick would have stayed out of trouble and learned to respect the game. If Vick had had Matt Ryan's brains he would have been the GOAT.

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He was the most naturally talented QB that has ever played. Shame that he fell so incredibly short of his potential... Always wondered what would have happened if we had kept Reeves, maybe Vick would have stayed out of trouble and learned to respect the game. If Vick had had Matt Ryan's brains he would have been the GOAT.

AT least one Superbowl Championship and one of the greatest quarterbacks ever if Blank hadn't fired Reeves.  Vick respected Reeves like a father.  Mora Jr. was like a running buddy and he compounded it by bringing in a West Coast offense for a quarterback who could stretch the field like nobody before him.  Ignorant combination.

Like you said, the most talented quarterback ever.  I look at the " running " quarterbacks who came into the league before and after Vick and none of them are even CLOSE to being Vick even though they get compared to him...

Related image

Related image

Related image

Edited by slickgadawg
EB2124, VTCrunkler, Nino11 and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

AT least one Superbowl Championship and one of the greatest quarterbacks ever if Blank hadn't fired Reeves.  Vick respected Reeves like a father.  Mora Jr. was like a running buddy and he compounded it by bringing in a West Coast offense for a quarterback who could stretch the field like nobody before him.  Ignorant combination.

Like you said, the most talented quarterback ever.  I look at the " running " quarterbacks who came into the league before and after Vick and none of them are even CLOSE to be Vick even though they get compared to him...

Related image

Related image

Related image

Prime Randal Cuningham in Philadelphia was close. But playing with bad talent around him and then injuries really derailed his career. 

VTCrunkler likes this

Posted (edited)

lawd!!!  go to play #16.  The defense is in a blitz. protection has broken down. SIX defenders are around Vick as he is being pushed BACK. Vick while going BACK with TWO defenders in his face tosses a ball from his 40 to INSIDE the 4 yard line of the defense... got **** his arm was strong...

Edited by slickgadawg
Nino11 and VTCrunkler like this

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Prime Randal Cuningham in Philadelphia was close. But playing with bad talent around him and then injuries really derailed his career. 

That’s the only comp really. There has been no one like MV since. His blockers deserve a heck of a lot of credit. Can you imagine having to block for him?

slickgadawg likes this

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Gave me chills too. Thanks for the memories inspired by this clip. He just flicks his wrist and poof. 60 yards on the air. Big cannon for an arm. 

But of all plays the one that is my favorite is where he dove and looked like Super Man vs Carolina.  We owned the panthers during the Vick era. 

ltstorm2, slickgadawg and thamill like this

51 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yeah what if he actually cared about film study as a falcon. I think the reeves firing was a sign that he was being u glued as a falcon. No one to reign him in per se. 

reeves was a perfect fit for him as he was an extension kinda of tge relationship he had with Frank Beamer. 

thamill likes this

8 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Cunningham would be the closest but even he wasn't Vick.  Vick was sub 4.2 speed with a cannon.  I'm not knocking Cunningham one bit because Philly was my team back then with him and Buddy Ryan and the crew... Like you said, Cunningham was the closest to being Vick...

VTCrunkler likes this

14 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

AT least one Superbowl Championship and one of the greatest quarterbacks ever if Blank hadn't fired Reeves.  Vick respected Reeves like a father.  Mora Jr. was like a running buddy and he compounded by bringing in a West Coast offense for a quarterback who could stretch the field like nobody before him.  Ignorant combination.

Like you said, the most talented quarterback ever.  I look at the " running " quarterbacks who came into the league before and after Vick and none of them are even CLOSE to be Vick even though they get compared to him...

Related image

Related image

Related image

Yeah I wonder if he would’ve done better in the run and shoot than the WCO

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Cunningham would be the closest but even he wasn't Vick.  Vick was sub 4.2 speed with a cannon.  I'm not knocking Cunningham one bit because Philly was my team back then with him and Buddy Ryan and the crew... Like you said, Cunningham was the closest to being Vick...

Cunningham’s release looked like the call was coming out of a slingshot. 

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Yeah I wonder if he would’ve done better in the run and shoot than the WCO

The perfect offense for Vick was the one he was in with Reeves.  Vick was a complete quarterback, forget what his detractors say about him.  You put him in a traditional pro offense like Reeves then, the option becomes if his reads are not open, he can take off with it. 

Reeves was taking Vick along slowly.  First,  I'm gonna run traditional pro set formations with you.  You have one, two reads and if you can't make a third, take off.  Next, if you are having trouble with the coverages, then Im gonna bunch the formation to one side of the field.  You now have to read ONE side of the field.  Your first, second and third reads are right there.  Play action worked beautifully off this also because not only could Vick toss it behind a cheating safety, he could take off and run it even after the ball fake.  Reeves was GENIUS in how he developed Elway and then was developing Vick before Blank derailed the show...

VTCrunkler likes this

3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Cunningham’s release looked like the call was coming out of a slingshot. 

Cunningham had that windup like you said.  He had a nice deep ball also. You saw what he did with Randy Moss in 1998.  

VTCrunkler likes this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

The perfect offense for Vick was the one he was in with Reeves.  Vick was a complete quarterback, forget what his detractors say about him.  You put him in a traditional pro offense like Reeves then, the option becomes if his reads are not open, he can take off with it. 

Reeves was taking Vick along slowly.  First,  I'm gonna run traditional pro set formations with you.  You have one, two reads and if you can't make a third, take off.  Next, if you are having trouble with the coverages, then Im gonna bunch the formation to one side of the field.  You now have to read ONE side of the field.  Your first, second and third reads are right there.  Play action worked beautifully off this also because not only could Vick toss it behind a cheating safety, he could take off and run it even after the ball fake.  Reeves was GENIUS in how he developed Elway and then was developing Vick before Blank derailed the show...

Good post. Makes sense to develop the Qb if he’s playing g straight away. instead of forcing him. Why was reeves fired again?  

His ball fakes were the best in the biz. He got so many people to bite and so many jukes 

slickgadawg likes this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Cunningham had that windup like you said.  He had a nice deep ball also. You saw what he did with Randy Moss in 1998.  

Now that was an all time combo. He had a better arm than. Culpepeooer from what I recall 

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Good post. Makes sense to develop the Qb if he’s playing g straight away. instead of forcing him. Why was reeves fired again?  

His ball fakes were the best in the biz. He got so many people to bite and so many jukes 

Vick broke his leg in a preseason game against the Ravens.  Reeves had to go with Doug Johnson.  The offense became horrible and the team quit on Reeves.  Blank used it as a opportunity to bring in HIS head coach.  Biggest mistake Blank ever made and he would most likely tell you that...

VTCrunkler likes this

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Vick broke his leg in a preseason game against the Ravens.  Reeves had to go with Doug Johnson.  The offense became horrible and the team quit on Reeves.  Blank used it as a opportunity to bring in HIS head coach.  Biggest mistake Blank ever made and he would most likely tell you that...

Sad. That was 2003. When blank was pushing mike I a wheelchair. Ididn’t know blank wanted reeves out that badly.  Yes it was a huge mistake in his hindsight.  The m

slickgadawg likes this

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Now that was an all time combo. He had a better arm than. Culpepeooer from what I recall 

Culpepper could sling it too.  He had the same problem that Jamarcus Russell had though, they LOVE food...:lol:

Look, he look like a moose going over to celebrate...:lol:

Related image

Image result for overweight daunte culpepper

VTCrunkler likes this

3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Sad. That was 2003. When blank was pushing mike I a wheelchair. Ididn’t know blank wanted reeves out that badly.  Yes it was a huge mistake in his hindsight.  The m

Blank was new to being a owner.  He even ran a full page ad in the atlanta journal apologizing to the fans for the falcons performance on the field.  In hindsight, Blank knows he let the moment get to him...:lol:   The Falcons could go 0-16 now and Blank would tell yall to go kick rocks...:lol:

VTCrunkler likes this

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Culpepper could sling it too.  He had the same problem that Jamarcus Russell had though, they LOVE food...:lol:

Look, he look like a moose going over to celebrate...:lol:

Related image

Dtgats a good comparison. Never thought about that connection

i like food too. I’d be right there with them. And Jared lore zen. 

slickgadawg likes this

8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Blank was new to being a owner.  He even ran a full page ad in the atlanta journal apologizing to the fans for the falcons performance on the field.  In hindsight, Blank knows he let the moment get to him...:lol:   The Falcons could go 0-16 now and Blank would tell yall to go kick rocks...:lol:

Everyone can evolve into some better form of themselves 

slickgadawg likes this

My first live game as a Falcon fan was the OT game in Minneapolis. Once he took off I stood up with my arms in the air as all the disappointed Vikes fans sat down in disbelief looking at each other like WTF did we just witness.. it was a glorious moment.

4 minutes ago, tywreezy33 said:

My first live game as a Falcon fan was the OT game in Minneapolis. Once he took off I stood up with my arms in the air as all the disappointed Vikes fans sat down in disbelief looking at each other like WTF did we just witness.. it was a glorious moment.

One of the best runs EVER in the NFL...

Posted (edited)

I still think Vick would have destroyed the NFL in a 4-Vert offense. Just Imagine the running lanes he'd have. Then once the defense decided to try to stop him, the seams downfield would open.

Edited by RubberDucky