wuskillzz

Highest Tackle Rate

69 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Vandy said:

Me too.

Biggest concern is pass rush.....somebody needs to step up....

Not one person the group does if we can get it from multiple spots we’ll be a nightmare for most offenses.

Vandy and gazoo like this

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Not one person the group does if we can get it from multiple spots we’ll be a nightmare for most offenses.

I think that’s the most likely scenario is it just dials up from multiple spots and collectively becomes a nightmare for most offenses.  Takk could explode though, I’m not discounting that possibility.

kiwifalcon likes this

17 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Sick I think he was pretty decent before Pioli was here and that’s not saying he won’t be a loss.As long as DQ is clear and the message doesn’t change to what sought of players he wants I think he’ll be ok.

Just think of Piolis farewell gift is loading up this Oline for the next decade fingers crossed.I mean we lost Caldwell and Snead in a short time and managed to stay a float.We still have plenty of experience in that scouting room even though Pioli has left.

The biggest problem before was before Q the coaching staff wasn’t clear on what they wanted.

Plus TD sucking at o-line has always been a myth. When he’s picked high like Matthews he was right. Baker would have been fine, but couldn’t stay healthy. We had to reach that draft OTs we’re flying off the board. 

The lower round o-line guys are always a gamble with the way they practice now and college is played. Don’t have the time to develop.

16 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

You’re right but he got better with Pioli the last five yrs....we shall see

and DQ. Things just got better when those guys came aboard 

It got better with Q, the old coaching staff did not have s clear picture of what they wanted. Pioli was just an extra eye.

gazoo and FalconsIn2020 like this

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

It got better with Q, the old coaching staff did not have s clear picture of what they wanted. Pioli was just an extra eye.

Yep.

It was STILL TD and DQ  collectively making the final decisions on draft picks. It was never Pioli making final decisions as some here seem to believe. Pioli was definitely part of TDs team in scouting the thousands of players and narrowing down the ones that fit TDs criteria, but that's far different than being a decision maker. 

TD said he doesn't want to force feed a player down his head coaches throat so TD does invite DQ into the process, but the final decisions on players drafted are 100% TDs call. If TD wants DQs input as he does, that's TDs decision to allow.

Its become folly watching some posters continue to believe TD just has a tiny 80sf office with no windows  in the back of the complex somewhere where he is strictly in charge of the salary cap and then comes out on draft day pretending to be part of the process. Some here still actually believe that is the case.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

It was never Pioli making final decisions as some here seem to believe

i dont think the poili camp will ever be clear of this topic until they see how mext years draft pans out

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

Yep.

It was STILL TD and DQ  collectively making the final decisions on draft picks. It was never Pioli making final decisions as some here seem to believe. Pioli was definitely part of TDs team in scouting the thousands of players and narrowing down the ones that fit TDs criteria, but that's far different than being a decision maker. 

TD said he doesn't want to force feed a player down his head coaches throat so TD does invite DQ into the process, but the final decisions on players drafted are 100% TDs call. If TD wants DQs input as he does, that's TDs decision to allow.

Its become folly watching some posters continue to believe TD just has a tiny 80sf office with no windows  in the back of the complex somewhere where he is strictly in charge of the salary cap and then comes out on draft day pretending to be part of the process. Some here still actually believe that is the case.

I would be willing to eat my shoe if Pioli wasn’t the deciding factor in us taking two lineman in this years draft.  Or at least which lineman we opted to pick.  You saw who it was that called McGary to say we traded up to pick him: Pioli

I think him leaving was the deciding factor.  We wanted to use his eye and analysis while still a part of the Front Office.  While in NE Belichick regularly credited him with a great eye for OL talent.

Atl Falcon likes this

15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I would be willing to eat my shoe if Pioli wasn’t the deciding factor in us taking two lineman in this years draft.  Or at least which lineman we opted to pick.  You saw who it was that called McGary to say we traded up to pick him: Pioli

I think him leaving was the deciding factor.  We wanted to use his eye and analysis while still a part of the Front Office.  While in NE Belichick regularly credited him with a great eye for OL talent.

There isn’t a shred of evidence to support your position, it’s like you just made it up because that’s what you want to believe.

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

There isn’t a shred of evidence to support your position, it’s like you just made it up because that’s what you want to believe.

There isn’t a shred of evidence to disprove it.  So let’s just agree we are both making educated guesses and move on

And I love TD/Quinn.  So I have no vested interest in wanting to believe anything

4 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

The biggest problem before was before Q the coaching staff wasn’t clear on what they wanted.

Plus TD sucking at o-line has always been a myth. When he’s picked high like Matthews he was right. Baker would have been fine, but couldn’t stay healthy. We had to reach that draft OTs we’re flying off the board. 

The lower round o-line guys are always a gamble with the way they practice now and college is played. Don’t have the time to develop.

You mean that “old coaching staff” that went 52-24 over 1st 5 seasons here? 

Seems like the real “myth” around here is you and others who believe such hogwash.

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

There isn’t a shred of evidence to disprove it.  So let’s just agree we are both making educated guesses and move on

And I love TD/Quinn.  So I have no vested interest in wanting to believe anything

That’s not true though. Your opinion has not an iota of evidence to support it, it’s as if you are pulling  it completely out of thin air.

There is video evidence to support my conclusion.  with Blank, TD and DQ at a post draft press conference all agreeing after DLed asked who had final say on draft picks. 

Blank said TD had final say standing behind them, then camera went to TD sitting next to Blank, and TD said “yes, I have final say in draft and free agency and Que has final say in roster decisions”. Then TD said he would not draft a player DQ didn’t want so it would never get down to him forcing a player on DQ.

The 3 highest executives all agreed as the all stood there together this was the case.

And it’s obvious. TD and DQ are joined at the hip through the entire draft process. This, their actions are completely consistent with their statements.

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

You mean that “old coaching staff” that went 52-24 over 1st 5 seasons here? 

Seems like the real “myth” around here is you and others who believe such hogwash.

Lol the old coaching staff was just good enough to have a winning record. Once we played good to great teams mostly playoffs we got beat. We had talent that helped a lot, but the old coaches would hardly play young guys or develop them. 

We added vets a lot and couldn’t decide if we were a 4-3 or 3-4 and what type of players we wanted.

13 hours ago, gazoo said:

I think that’s the most likely scenario is it just dials up from multiple spots and collectively becomes a nightmare for most offenses.  Takk could explode though, I’m not discounting that possibility.

Let him go postal on some OTs this year. He needs to show and prove. 

gazoo likes this

12 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Lol the old coaching staff was just good enough to have a winning record. Once we played good to great teams mostly playoffs we got beat. We had talent that helped a lot, but the old coaches would hardly play young guys or develop them. 

We added vets a lot and couldn’t decide if we were a 4-3 or 3-4 and what type of players we wanted.

And You are full of crapola...

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I don’t know why some folks have a problem giving Pioli credit. TD hired the guy and deserves all the accolades for what Pioli brought to the table. Regardless of what’s said about it ...only time will tell. We have drafted much better since since Pioli came aboard....maybe that has more to do with TD DQ. I’m pulling for TD but the future holds the answers. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

That’s not true though. Your opinion has not an iota of evidence to support it, it’s as if you are pulling  it completely out of thin air.

There is video evidence to support my conclusion.  with Blank, TD and DQ at a post draft press conference all agreeing after DLed asked who had final say on draft picks. 

Blank said TD had final say standing behind them, then camera went to TD sitting next to Blank, and TD said “yes, I have final say in draft and free agency and Que has final say in roster decisions”. Then TD said he would not draft a player DQ didn’t want so it would never get down to him forcing a player on DQ.

The 3 highest executives all agreed as the all stood there together this was the case.

And it’s obvious. TD and DQ are joined at the hip through the entire draft process. This, their actions are completely consistent with their statements.

You’re taking it all far too literally.  I am not saying that TD said “let’s grab Ed Oliver” but Pioli vetoed him and forced him to grab Lindstrom.  I am just saying TD listened to his recommendation and probably agreed with it.  TD has final say on everything...but to think SP was jut a guy is foolish.  He specialized in OL.  Logic says TD listened

What is that old saying about being smart enough to hire people smarter than you?

3 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I don’t know why some folks have a problem giving Pioli credit.

The question is about organizational hierarchy.  I don't know anyone on the message board that would take the opinion our scouts shouldn't get any credit for good drafts, of course they all get credit.

All the top GMs like TD  in the NFL have scouts working under them. Bill Belichick has his right hand man Ernie Adams working under him in draft, but like TD, Belichick has final say in all picks. Ozzie Newsome all those years he was considered the best GM in football, had his right hand man Eric DeCosta working under him. TD had Pioli working under him.  

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

The question is about organizational hierarchy.  I don't know anyone on the message board that would take the opinion our scouts shouldn't get any credit for good drafts, of course they all get credit.

All the top GMs like TD  in the NFL have scouts working under them. Bill Belichick has his right hand man Ernie Adams working under him in draft, but like TD, Belichick has final say in all picks. Ozzie Newsome all those years he was considered the best GM in football, had his right hand man Eric DeCosta working under him. TD had Pioli working under him.  

Pioli working under or for him is the whole point

9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You’re taking it all far too literally.  I am not saying that TD said “let’s grab Ed Oliver” but Pioli vetoed him and forced him to grab Lindstrom.  I am just saying TD listened to his recommendation and probably agreed with it.  TD has final say on everything...but to think SP was jut a guy is foolish.  He specialized in OL.  Logic says TD listened

What is that old saying about being smart enough to hire people smarter than you?

In that case I agree with you. TD absolutely listens to his scouts and you are right, that makes him a better GM. I cannot stand the Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder types who pull rank and make terrible mistakes. Matter of fact, Blank made that mistake once with Peerless Price and learned his lesson. 

No question Pioli had a valuable voice in that room.  I hate he moved on.