Braves @ Cubs

Unknøwn

The Braves biggest mistake to me is not getting Realmonto this off season.  This patch work catching they have been having the last few years has got to stop.  I'm beginning to question also if Flowers can even call a game.  Maybe HE is one of the reasons the pitchers seem on one game and off the next.  Defense, forget it.  Offense, no way.  McCann is a decent backup but the Braves need a catcher.  I don't even like Contravisty, Controversy, Contrary or whatever his name is down in the minors either.  Shaky defense and awful batting mechanics.  Dude don't even use his legs, just arms...:(

Edited by slickgadawg

11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Braves biggest mistake to me is not getting Realmonto this off season.  This patch work catching they have been having the last few years has got to stop.  I'm beginning to question also if Flowers can even call a game.  Maybe HE is one of the reasons the pitchers seem on one game and off the next.  Defense, forget it.  Offense, no way.  McCann is a decent backup but the Braves need a catcher.  I don't even like Contravisty, Controversy, Contrary or whatever his name is down in the minors either.  Shaky defense and awful batting mechanics.  Dude don't even use his legs, just arms...:(

It would have cost Riley AND Soroka....to start.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It would have cost Riley AND Soroka....to start.

My bad, I forgot that the Marlins were trying to get everything they could from the Braves...

Edited by slickgadawg

46 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Mac signing has been brilliant IMO but Flowers can GTFO. He does nothing right except frame pitches which to me is literally the last thing I care about when judging a catcher.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

@Malachore Chip and Joe are explaining exactly what any rational person would tell you. If Nick Markakis catches the ball in RF then you've got 2 outs and nobody on in the 5th inning. Rizzo hit a bloop double and then Russell grounded out. That's an inning with 0 runs allowed. But instead all those runs happened all because Markakis dropped the ball. Then you look at Flowers allowing a run to score in the 4th inning. Realistically Wilson didn't pitch bad at all. Without those 5 runs scoring the Braves take a 6-3 lead to the 6th inning. Then there's no *****ing about him blowing a 5-run lead. But you don't think like that. You don't see the what if's because you just want to ***** and moan and say "this guy is trash!!!!!"

I say he's trash because he pitched like trash. **** happens, pick your team up. Did the guy get a little league homer because Nick dropped the ball? No he allowed the next guy to drive him in then that's on him. Oh wait that's bad luck, guess the other 4 runs was back too.

Also lol at you thinking they are going to actually be critical of the kid and say what they should and that he couldn't get the ball down.

He pitched like **** and hopefully he lost his chance, the guy couldn't even get through 5 ******* innings with the game handed to him.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I say he's trash because he pitched like trash. **** happens, pick your team up. Did the guy get a little league homer because Nick dropped the ball? No he allowed the next guy to drive him in then that's on him. Oh wait that's bad luck, guess the other 4 runs was back too.

Also lol at you thinking they are going to actually be critical of the kid and say what they should and that he couldn't get the ball down.

He pitched like **** and hopefully he lost his chance, the guy couldn't even get through 5 ******* innings with the game handed to him.

Whatever dude. You continue with your overreaction and I'll continue to root for a guy that showed plenty of potential to be a great asset moving forward. The fact that you can't see how well he pitched is on you.

I don't think the Braves are going to pull Wilson from making the next start based off of this start, so I think he makes another start, and yes based off ESPN it's going to be against the Phillies. You might see Snitker however be tactically smart again, since the next turn is the last before the ASB, and save Newcomb or Touki some to open up the idea of optioning one of them to the minors to stretch out to take that spot if they think they're not getting enough.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

Tough loss today.... it always sucks to lose a game that you should win.

The good thing is that the braves have a chance to get back on the horse again tomorrow.

It is important to note that the Cubs are a good team...... and the Braves too  4 of 6 from them