Unknøwn

Braves @ Cubs

769 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup...remember at one point they wanted Acuna and /or Albies in any deal.

They was asking for Acuna back when I wanted the Braves to get Yelich...

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Whatever dude. You continue with your overreaction and I'll continue to root for a guy that showed plenty of potential to be a great asset moving forward. The fact that you can't see how well he pitched is on you.

LOL he had 2 scoreless innings.

But at least he threw strikes. Just blame Tyler Flowers for all those belt high pitches. :lol:

Every pitcher shows potential, that's why they get a chance. 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

LOL he had 2 scoreless innings.

But at least he threw strikes. Just blame Tyler Flowers for all those belt high pitches. :lol:

Every pitcher shows potential, that's why they get a chance. 

If you don't understand how he should have been through the 5th inning without any runs scoring instead of 4 runs scoring then I can't help you. He should have had at minimum 5 innings pitched and only 3 runs allowed with a low enough pitch count to pitch the 6th inning. If that's not pitching good then I guess you're right and he pitched terrible and is complete trash and should be traded and never heard from again. Like I said, you would have traded Mike Trout for being "trash" his first taste of action in the majors. I mean Trout only hit .220/.281/.390 in his first 40 MLB games with 30 strikeouts. All I can say is thank God you're not the one running the Braves.

27 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Tough loss today.... it always sucks to lose a game that you should win.

The good thing is that the braves have a chance to get back on the horse again tomorrow.

It is important to note that the Cubs are a good team...... and the Braves too  4 of 6 from them

Five of seven for the season right?

Just now, Dirty South Bird said:

yup you are right....... For some reason I was thinking  the first series was a 2 game sweep..... it was a 3 game sweep

So yeah... 5 of 7

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

4 of 6. We play game 7 tomorrow i think

Edited by LouDog

Just now, falconsd56 said:

yup you are right....... For some reason I was thinking  the first series was a 2 game sweep..... it was a 3 game sweep

So yeah... 5 of 7

Yeah, definitely good for facing a playoff caliber team.  I’m very curious to see how we stack against the Dodgers since they swept us last.  Our playoff success goes through them it seems.

Just now, LouDog said:

4 of 6. We play game 7 tomorrow

Game 7 was today. Braves went 5-2 against them. We're in New York tomorrow.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

So yeah... 5 of 7

Yep. But someone said Monday on Twitter that the Braves aren't even in the same league as the Cubs yet. Cubs are legit WS contenders and the Braves will be lucky to make the playoffs. Just another typical overreaction.

TheTrue7 likes this

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

4 of 6. We play game 7 tomorrow i think

Three game sweep earlier this season and we split the 4 game with them today.  We won’t see them again until possibly October.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Game 7 was today. Braves went 5-2 against them. We're in New York tomorrow.

Awe **** i missed a game lol

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, Dirty South Bird said:

Yeah, definitely good for facing a playoff caliber team.  I’m very curious to see how we stack against the Dodgers since they swept us last.  Our playoff success goes through them it seems.

Yup

It was talked about a couple days ago... I think if the Braves get in to their pen then they have a real shot...especially if Dansby and  Donaldson are in  the middle of a good streak... they are both such streaky hitters

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I guess you're right and he pitched terrible and is complete trash and should be traded and never heard from again. 

Thank you. :)

Gotta say, that loss sucked.

That said, Bryse Wilson deserved better. Tyler Flowers has been a good Brave, but his game calling has been getting more bull-headed every year. You just can't call for five, six, seven fastballs in a row against hitters of the Cubs caliber and not realize they're eventually going to time one up. And don't get me started on that "wild pitch".

ATLBrave likes this

17 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Yeah, and picture that daily.  :lol:

*Five* straight days!

Snitker said they'll evaluate whether Wilson will stay. Wright is ineligible to return for 9 more days. It will likely be Wilson or Allard next time through.