Unknøwn

Braves @ Cubs

769 posts in this topic

Come on Freddie, at least take 1 pitch!  Kimbrel wild as **** and Freddie whacking at first pitch.  %#^*%+}

Braves HAVE to shore up that middle relief pitching and catching.  You are not suppose to lose games where you score more than 5 runs.   Scored 6 runs and lose to those smug cubs and their fans...:(

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Braves HAVE to shore up that middle relief pitching and catching.  You are not suppose to lose games where you score more than 5 runs.   Scored 6 runs and lose to those smug cubs and their fans...:(

I hate those arrogant SOB’s

Spts1 likes this

2 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

...I wish he would have waited.  

I have no problem with him swinging at the first pitch. He GOT his pitch, he just didn't drive it out of the park...

Posted (edited)

The Braves biggest mistake to me is not getting Realmonto this off season.  This patch work catching they have been having the last few years has got to stop.  I'm beginning to question also if Flowers can even call a game.  Maybe HE is one of the reasons the pitchers seem on one game and off the next.  Defense, forget it.  Offense, no way.  McCann is a decent backup but the Braves need a catcher.  I don't even like Contravisty, Controversy, Contrary or whatever his name is down in the minors either.  Shaky defense and awful batting mechanics.  Dude don't even use his legs, just arms...:(

Edited by slickgadawg

11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Braves biggest mistake to me is not getting Realmonto this off season.  This patch work catching they have been having the last few years has got to stop.  I'm beginning to question also if Flowers can even call a game.  Maybe HE is one of the reasons the pitchers seem on one game and off the next.  Defense, forget it.  Offense, no way.  McCann is a decent backup but the Braves need a catcher.  I don't even like Contravisty, Controversy, Contrary or whatever his name is down in the minors either.  Shaky defense and awful batting mechanics.  Dude don't even use his legs, just arms...:(

It would have cost Riley AND Soroka....to start.

Spts1 and Falconsfan567 like this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

My bad, I forgot that the Marlins were trying to get everything they could from the Braves...

Edited by slickgadawg

46 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The Mac signing has been brilliant IMO but Flowers can GTFO. He does nothing right except frame pitches which to me is literally the last thing I care about when judging a catcher.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

36 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It devolved from that report.

Still don't believe they wanted that from us but accepted that crap from Philly.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

@Malachore Chip and Joe are explaining exactly what any rational person would tell you. If Nick Markakis catches the ball in RF then you've got 2 outs and nobody on in the 5th inning. Rizzo hit a bloop double and then Russell grounded out. That's an inning with 0 runs allowed. But instead all those runs happened all because Markakis dropped the ball. Then you look at Flowers allowing a run to score in the 4th inning. Realistically Wilson didn't pitch bad at all. Without those 5 runs scoring the Braves take a 6-3 lead to the 6th inning. Then there's no *****ing about him blowing a 5-run lead. But you don't think like that. You don't see the what if's because you just want to ***** and moan and say "this guy is trash!!!!!"

I say he's trash because he pitched like trash. **** happens, pick your team up. Did the guy get a little league homer because Nick dropped the ball? No he allowed the next guy to drive him in then that's on him. Oh wait that's bad luck, guess the other 4 runs was back too.

Also lol at you thinking they are going to actually be critical of the kid and say what they should and that he couldn't get the ball down.

He pitched like **** and hopefully he lost his chance, the guy couldn't even get through 5 ******* innings with the game handed to him.

28 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

My bad, I forgot that the Marlins were trying to get everything they could from the Braves...

Yup...remember at one point they wanted Acuna and /or Albies in any deal.

49 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It devolved from that report.

Still don't believe they wanted that from us but accepted that crap from Philly.

They asked for Acuna last offseason for Realmuto. Of course they would ask for Soroka and Riley this past offseason 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I say he's trash because he pitched like trash. **** happens, pick your team up. Did the guy get a little league homer because Nick dropped the ball? No he allowed the next guy to drive him in then that's on him. Oh wait that's bad luck, guess the other 4 runs was back too.

Also lol at you thinking they are going to actually be critical of the kid and say what they should and that he couldn't get the ball down.

He pitched like **** and hopefully he lost his chance, the guy couldn't even get through 5 ******* innings with the game handed to him.

Whatever dude. You continue with your overreaction and I'll continue to root for a guy that showed plenty of potential to be a great asset moving forward. The fact that you can't see how well he pitched is on you.

Posted (edited)

I don't think the Braves are going to pull Wilson from making the next start based off of this start, so I think he makes another start, and yes based off ESPN it's going to be against the Phillies. You might see Snitker however be tactically smart again, since the next turn is the last before the ASB, and save Newcomb or Touki some to open up the idea of optioning one of them to the minors to stretch out to take that spot if they think they're not getting enough.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

27 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Whatever dude. You continue with your overreaction and I'll continue to root for a guy that showed plenty of potential to be a great asset moving forward. The fact that you can't see how well he pitched is on you.

He is basically this guy any time anything bad happens

Falconsfan567 likes this

Tough loss today.... it always sucks to lose a game that you should win.

The good thing is that the braves have a chance to get back on the horse again tomorrow.

It is important to note that the Cubs are a good team...... and the Braves too  4 of 6 from them

Today's loss is what it must feel like for other teams to play the Braves. For once, we were the team ahead 5 runs who blew a big lead.

falconsd56 likes this