Unknøwn

Braves @ Cubs

769 posts in this topic

Monday, 8:05 

Julio Teheran, 5-5, 3.40

Jon Lester, 6-5, 4.13

Tuesday, 8:05

Max Fried, 8-3, 4.03

Adbert Alzolay, 1-0, 2.25

Wednesday, 8:05

Dallas Keuchel, 0-1, 5.40

Yu Darvish, 2-3, 4.75

Thursday, 2:20

TBD

Tyler Chatwood, 3-1, 3.69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alzolay is the Cubs #3 prospect. It will be his first MLB start, he made an appearance from the pen a few days ago. Alzolay throws 95-97, sharp curve that sits around 83 and a changeup hes still getting the feel for. Flyball pitcher so he has a tendency to give up a shot or two which could help the Braves especially if it's a windy night at Wrigley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not the same bad news Cubs that we faced earlier in the season....They've seemed to settle down and correct their mistakes.

But guess what??? This isn't the same Braves team either! We're ready!

Go Braves!!!

oztin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much, if we take 1/4 from them, we would hold the tie breaker over them if there were a tie for who hosts the NLDS. But I want moar!!!! MOAR WINS. MOARRRRRRRR.

I also wonder if we will see Soroka on Thursday if he is okay. He only threw what, 20 pitches or so today? 

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Alzolay is the Cubs #3 prospect. It will be his first MLB start, he made an appearance from the pen a few days ago. Alzolay throws 95-97, sharp curve that sits around 83 and a changeup hes still getting the feel for. Flyball pitcher so he has a tendency to give up a shot or two which could help the Braves especially if it's a windy night at Wrigley.

all good lets go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Pretty much, if we take 1/4 from them, we would hold the tie breaker over them if there were a tie for who hosts the NLDS. But I want moar!!!! MOAR WINS. MOARRRRRRRR.

I also wonder if we will see Soroka on Thursday if he is okay. He only threw what, 20 pitches or so today? 

Snitker already said no. Soroka will be kept on normal rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Trout is good, but man, they are treating him like God himself on ESPN tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Snitker already said no. Soroka will be kept on normal rest. 

It is going to be Bryse Wilson who just coincidentally pitched Saturday night for the Stripers and allowed no runs for six innings or so.  It also will be just in line for his next start to be Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Snitker already said no. Soroka will be kept on normal rest. 

Good to know. Guess we will see him in New York next weekend then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson is the most logical. Allard threw 84 pitches today so he'd be going on short rest. If they decided on Allard then Soroka would have to pitch Thursday so Allard could come up Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Wright, I hear he is starting to get things going, do you think its time to give him another shot or let him continue in AAA for the full season

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, oztin said:

What about Wright, I hear he is starting to get things going, do you think its time to give him another shot or let him continue in AAA for the full season

 

I think you leave Wright in AAA. He clearly wasnt quite ready, he needs to get on a good roll and get confidence. If I had to I'd call him up but otherwise I'd wait till September. He needs to find consistency. Hes still only made 44 starts in his pro career.

Drew4719, oztin and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Pretty much, if we take 1/4 from them, we would hold the tie breaker over them if there were a tie for who hosts the NLDS. But I want moar!!!! MOAR WINS. MOARRRRRRRR.

I also wonder if we will see Soroka on Thursday if he is okay. He only threw what, 20 pitches or so today? 

Lol

tl;dr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta's up to 5th in the majors in runs scored, 13 out of first. In mid-May, we were 17th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

 

Love to see these!

You have to admit it sure is nice to be sitting there watching a Brave's game and not really worrying about a 1 or 2 run deficit in the later innings. I mean, yea it woulld be nice to have the lead, but I ALWAYS feel like we got this one. Love that feeling! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

 

Interesting that 3 of the top HR teams aren’t in the top 5 in runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Love to see these!

You have to admit it sure is nice to be sitting there watching a Brave's game and not really worrying about a 1 or 2 run deficit in the later innings. I mean, yea it woulld be nice to have the lead, but I ALWAYS feel like we got this one. Love that feeling! 

Yup.

It is almost a surprise at this point when someone does not come through.

Like had Carmargo not gotten a hit....I would have been genuinely shocked

 

Which is weird considering if a guy fails 6 out of 10 times....that is considered a huge success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braves call up Kyle Wright,  option Dayton to AAA. Fresh arm for the bullpen. Obviously had to use a lot of the bullpen yesterday. Tomlin wont be available for a couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now