Jump to content



Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Troubled said:

I live in a apartment building with 5 units we have a water leak but cant find the pipe leading into my apt. we dug a 6 ft wide 40 inches deep in front of our apartments and no sign of a pipe tia for any help

check near the water meter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Regular Guy

If the water meter can be found then so can the water line. If it's metal, it can be charged with electricity (12v) and can be found easily with a utility locator. If it's a plastic water line, it will have to be cut and a fish tape ran through it and then the fishtape will need to be charged and found in the same manor as a metal pipe. Alternately (and harder) you find the meter and dig up the existing pipe and follow it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, biloxifalcon said:

I'd call the city water department (for a meter reading) and landlord.


14 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You live there, call the landlord, it's his problem, not yours.  The water authorities can shut the main off until it's fixed. 

I wouldn't touch anything else since you don't own the property. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...