FalconFanSince1970

A Look At The New Hawks

169 posts in this topic

Rumor is Crabbe is asking for a buyout.

Hill a likely waive candidate.

If we are in the 3 team LAL/NOP trade, Wagner, Bogna will also be waived (hopefully we can get an assest for participating).

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

I don't think Allen Crabbe or Solomon Hill is sticking around for very long.

Crabbe, Hill, Baze and Plumlee will all likely go in the $62M salary dump after this season. 

Drew4719 likes this

43 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Crabbe, Hill, Baze and Plumlee will all likely go in the $62M salary dump after this season. 

They will, but we currently have 15 players under contract:

PG: Trae Young/Jaylen Adams (UG)
SG: Kevin Heurter/DeAndre Bembry/Kent Bazemore/Allen Crabbe
SF: DeAndre Hunter/Cam Reddish/Solomon Hill
PF: John Collins/Omari Spellman/Justin Anderson (QO)
C: Alex Len/Bruno Fernando/Miles Plumlee

FAs: Dewayne Dedmon and Vince Carter.

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

If we are in the 3 team LAL/NOP trade, Wagner, Bogna will also be waived (hopefully we can get an assest for participating).

He can crab walk on out of here 

g-dawg, Drew4719 and jayu70 like this

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

It is funny.  He can go to his employer and say I do not want to play for you and still get like 13 million.  You know he will not lose alot in the buyout.  And he will get paid again.  

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Have you heard a buyout offer yet?

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Baze at his ridiculous salary being a 3rd stringer.  I sure hope we can dump his contract with a contender or somebody!  

VTCrunkler likes this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

I forgot about Mooney. He will be under contract too. I added his highlights. Check him out. He can ball. Should be able to move ahead of Adams, who's a stiff. He's bigger, shoots, passes and plays better defense than Adams.

The goal for 2019-2020 season isn’t really to win a lot of games nor make the playoffs - that may happen but it shouldn’t be the goal.

Th goal is to continue to see improvements from Collins, Trae, Huerter and Spellman while working in the rookies.   Hunter will probably be day#1 starter while bringing Reddish off the bench.

We probably re-sign VIN-sanity for one more year as mentor and coach on the floor but Hawks just need 1-2 other vets that will provide leadership.   

The ideal scenario would be to get better and still miss playoffs and get in the lottery - maybe we get ping pong balls to finally fall our way.   FFS1970, it has ZERO to do with tanking so don’t start that sheot.

Schlenk is building this team the right way and he is not going to sign some “good” FA just so Hawks can win 45-55 games.   Hawks were in that 4-8 seed forever.   Once you get in that range and stay there for a few years, it’s hard to get out.

Schlenk has a plan and he’s executing said plan.  He’s not gonna rush it.   2021 is target year to put the cherry on the top!

jayu70, sdogg, VTCrunkler and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

I have some terrible news everyone... Cam Reddish didn't know who Outkast is. 

he was born in the late 90's. It's not that surprising. I'm sure he'll find out about all the ATL legends soon enough

38 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The goal for 2019-2020 season isn’t really to win a lot of games nor make the playoffs - that may happen but it shouldn’t be the goal.

Th goal is to continue to see improvements from Collins, Trae, Huerter and Spellman while working in the rookies.   Hunter will probably be day#1 starter while bringing Reddish off the bench.

We probably re-sign VIN-sanity for one more year as mentor and coach on the floor but Hawks just need 1-2 other vets that will provide leadership.   

The ideal scenario would be to get better and still miss playoffs and get in the lottery - maybe we get ping pong balls to finally fall our way.   FFS1970, it has ZERO to do with tanking so don’t start that sheot.

Schlenk is building this team the right way and he is not going to sign some “good” FA just so Hawks can win 45-55 games.   Hawks were in that 4-8 seed forever.   Once you get in that range and stay there for a few years, it’s hard to get out.

Schlenk has a plan and he’s executing said plan.  He’s not gonna rush it.   2021 is target year to put the cherry on the top!

CANT. LIKE. THIS. ENOUGH...!

g-dawg and sdogg like this

3 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

It is funny.  He can go to his employer and say I do not want to play for you and still get like 13 million.  You know he will not lose alot in the buyout.  And he will get paid again.  

More than likely, whatever his new contract is, that'll be the cost of his buyout amount

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Have you heard a buyout offer yet?

Nothing yet.

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Baze at his ridiculous salary being a 3rd stringer.  I sure hope we can dump his contract with a contender or somebody!  

It was reported b4 the draft that multiple teams were interested. I hope that is still the case.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I forgot about Mooney. He will be under contract too. I added his highlights. Check him out. He can ball. Should be able to move ahead of Adams, who's a stiff. He's bigger, shoots, passes and plays better defense than Adams.

Mooney is a SL contract only. Adams currently has an NBA contract (unguaranteed).

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Mooney is a SL contract only. Adams currently has an NBA contract (unguaranteed).

A SL contract is a contract. I hope he can knock Adams out of the box.

We need a back up point. Hopefully a vet.

The hawks gm has brought in talent on top of talent.....I think Bruno fernando is a guy some is over looking because of hunter and cam.

I thought we would take Bruno with the 17th pick (before the trades) .... dude is a athletic freak... He is switchable on D... He rebounds... The lobs trea gives him and John Collins  will be insane.... 

He shot like 78% at the freethrow line at Maryland and his shooting form is not broke so I can see his shooting from 3 improving.

Mann this is going to be a young and exciting team

4 hours ago, Nereek said:

What! 

4 hours ago, Nereek said:

Don’t worry people are at him on his Twitter  :lol:

VTCrunkler likes this

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I’m really impressed. We’ve rebounded nicely after the Danny ferry dismissal. I felt we were finally getting back on track with DF and Bud. So glad we are back to having a more than competent GM. 

blkbigdog35, atljbo and russ7000 like this

9 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I’m really impressed. We’ve rebounded nicely after the Danny ferry dismissal. I felt we were finally getting back on track with DF and Bud. So glad we are back to having a more than competent GM. 

Well as you noticed with past two GMs the team wasn’t being built properly and it showed.  Schlenk has a solid plan and when he arrived he made it known that this team was going through a rebuild and that we will focus on building through the draft.  We now have a young core and he keeps adding pieces that fit.  Schlenk is definitely a BOSS!!

sdogg and VTCrunkler like this