This defense has the talent, depth and speed to be a top 5 or at least top 10 Defense. Quinn has to tweak his scheme. It hasn't been physical enough or aggressive enough to counter all the innovations and rule changes powering the high-scoring offenses of today.

He's also got to get Beasley out of the ditch and figure out how the FA's and draft picks fit the new and improved scheme. Going to be a tall order, but I'm not pessimistic. Quinn is just the guy with the energy and drive to get'er done.

26 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Yep they stole him and he wanted to be here

That one totally threw me. We could have signed him and let Beasley walk and get atleast the same level of play. That way we would have had money to sign.McCoy. I the brain trust is not thinking objectively about Beasley.

I mean we could have Poe, Jarret, Mccoy, Irvin, and Takk. That would be a DL worth hyping.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
25 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

That one totally threw me. We could have signed him and let Beasley walk and get atleast the same level of play. That way we would have had money to sign.McCoy. I the brain trust is not thinking objectively about Beasley.

I mean we could have Poe, Jarret, Mccoy, Irvin, and Takk. That would be a DL worth hyping.

I agree with you 110%. I hope DQ is right about VB but I’ll believe it when I see. Letting VB go and using that money/cap hit on other FAs McCoy, Irvin, others could very well be the difference in making the playoffs or winning the SB. DQ and TD are going to look pretty bad if VB has another bad season. Another thing is you know he’s going to get tons of PT even if he’s having a bad yr because DQ will give him every opportunity to prove his critics wrong. Tell me DQ and TD won’t be feeling the pressure if he sucks again this yr......it’s going to be hero or goat

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I agree with you 110%. I hope DQ is right about VB but I’ll believe it when I see. Letting VB go and using that money/cap hit on other FAs McCoy, Irvin, others could very well be the difference in making the playoffs or winning the SB. DQ and TD are going to look pretty bad if VB has another bad season. Another thing is you know he’s going to get tons of PT even if he’s having a bad yr because DQ will give him every opportunity to prove his critics wrong. Tell me DQ and TD won’t be feeling the pressure if he sucks again this yr......it’s going to be hero or goat

Exactly. They give underperformers WAY too much.PT. Riley,Shraeder,Richard s.

20 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

This defense has the talent, depth and speed to be a top 5 or at least top 10 Defense. Quinn has to tweak his scheme. It hasn't been physical enough or aggressive enough to counter all the innovations and rule changes powering the high-scoring offenses of today.

He's also got to get Beasley out of the ditch and figure out how the FA's and draft picks fit the new and improved scheme. Going to be a tall order, but I'm not pessimistic. Quinn is just the guy with the energy and drive to get'er done.

What happened to the Nascar package last year? It seemed like we didnt have enough bodies to do it with Clayborn gone.  

5 hours ago, Precyse said:

I wouldnt set our boy up like that lol 

Haha! All you would have to do is get the other teams highlight film from one of their games against us to get that many QB hits, sacks and pressures in a 2 minute video! 

Thats why I’m downright giddy about our offseason. 

7 hours ago, gazoo said:

Haha! All you would have to do is get the other teams highlight film from one of their games against us to get that many QB hits, sacks and pressures in a 2 minute video! 

Thats why I’m downright giddy about our offseason. 

i had to watch alot of highlights to make this video, and in the process i saw Matt go down more times than i would have liked to see again. Especially against the Saints, Giants, Steelers  

1 hour ago, Precyse said:

i had to watch alot of highlights to make this video, and in the process i saw Matt go down more times than i would have liked to see again. Especially against the Saints, Giants, Steelers  

Yeah, it’s been pretty ugly for Ryan.

But your highlight clips of our 2018  DL was a lot of fun to watch. I think the one you do next year for 2019 will be twice as long though ;) 

i think our DL is in better shape than many fans realize. My biggest concern is the secondary. The talent is there, so that helps.