Matt Ryan 2019 expectations - NFL Total Access

Cole World

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Kaleb is going to be the biggest surprise on the line this year. So thankful they decided to protect the big investment. 

Indeed i don't think he starts right away but i think once hes in hes gonna more than hold his own..least now when folks take cheap shots on your qb..mother****ers are gonna pay for it

16 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Indeed i don't think he starts right away but i think once hes in hes gonna more than hold his own..least now when folks take cheap shots on your qb..mother****ers are gonna pay for it

I'm different when it comes to Sambarilo. I went back and watched each game that he started and focused directly on him every snap. I didn't see what others say they saw. I saw a guy who needed help from either the TE or RB when attempting to block pass rushers. He's tall and slow footed from what I saw at RT. Now when he played LG on the other hand, it was a completely different player. He looked great inside. I just don't trust him. But like you said, Kaleb may not start right away but i'm hoping he is in the lineup before the bye. Can't compare the footage but I like what I saw from what I watched from him in college

47 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm different when it comes to Sambarilo. I went back and watched each game that he started and focused directly on him every snap. I didn't see what others say they saw. I saw a guy who needed help from either the TE or RB when attempting to block pass rushers. He's tall and slow footed from what I saw at RT. Now when he played LG on the other hand, it was a completely different player. He looked great inside. I just don't trust him. But like you said, Kaleb may not start right away but i'm hoping he is in the lineup before the bye. Can't compare the footage but I like what I saw from what I watched from him in college

I noticed some of this when going back and watching games and think a lot of that was already schemed in to help Schraeder once he fell off of a cliff, so it made Ty seem better than he was. Good thing his contract isn’t major and good thing we drafted what seems to be a good RT. 

18 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

I noticed some of this when going back and watching games and think a lot of that was already schemed in to help Schraeder once he fell off of a cliff, so it made Ty seem better than he was. Good thing his contract isn’t major and good thing we drafted what seems to be a good RT. 

That’s why I found it puzzling when guys like Vel tried to convince me that Ty was a quality player. He challenged me to watch the footage and I did exactly that. I don’t see whatever it was that he saw unless he was going strictly off of the stats from off and whatever other sites measure ol performance 

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

He received his worst PFF grade, of the 4-starts, when he started at RG. All of his PFF marks starting at RT were over 70.00.

PFF saw things completely different. I personally am not saying your are wrong in your analysis though.

Just now, Cheap Talk said:

He received his worst PFF grade, of the 4-starts, when he started at RG. All of his PFF marks starting at RT were over 70.00.

PFF saw things completely different. I personally am not saying your are wrong in your analysis though.

Of course his RT grade is going to be better when he has help 90% of the snaps. . Things like this is why I can't take PFF serious. I know some people live and die by it but I can't take it serious at all. It's like QBR ratings. a guy can pass for 300 yards and 3 tubs and still get a low QBR. Not talking about you but I've told people time and time again don't form an opinion off of stats alone. watch game replays and lock in on players that you want to lock in on and go by what you see. Stats lie

4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Ugh that tweet pisses me off even more. Matt freaking called it, made it happen, and then somehow lost a 99.7% chance of winning a ring to shanny’s ego. 

It was so close to a story book season in so many ways, including that tweet. He should be remembered for calling that shot. 

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Slow footed? Lol. Hes anything but slow footed. Hes a great athlete at the position. His .ONLY knock has been functional strength.

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Just saying a 7.54 3 cone is really good for an OT. Ill ad.it i havent gone back and watched much of last season. Now Schraeder was Mr. Piedlourde. 

yeah compression shorts and shirts play a huge role in that. a 6'5" 315 lb RT aint doing that too often in full blown pads on aint moving that fast. if he was lighter in the *** then you're telling me something spectacular. but hey, if you don't believe me, go back and watch for yourself. it'll only take about an hour of your day if you truly want to see it

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

yeah compression shorts and shirts play a huge role in that. a 6'5" 315 lb RT aint doing that too often in full blown pads on aint moving that fast. if he was lighter in the *** then you're telling me something spectacular. but hey, if you don't believe me, go back and watch for yourself. it'll only take about an hour of your day if you truly want to see it

I n all fairness the same can be said for everyone after putting on pads. I ll get a chance later this evening to watch. If you get an opportunity to post a few links that wouod be awesome. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Of course his RT grade is going to be better when he has help 90% of the snaps. . Things like this is why I can't take PFF serious. I know some people live and die by it but I can't take it serious at all. It's like QBR ratings. a guy can pass for 300 yards and 3 tubs and still get a low QBR. Not talking about you but I've told people time and time again don't form an opinion off of stats alone. watch game replays and lock in on players that you want to lock in on and go by what you see. Stats lie

PFF grades for OL are extremely misleading. There are just too many factors that arent considered. So I definitely agree with you there. Not that I necessarily disagree with you about Sombrailo, I just need to watch some reruns.

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Slow footed? Lol. Hes anything but slow footed. Hes a great athlete at the position. His .ONLY knock has been functional strength.

I’m going to trust DQ and even TD on this one.....I think they know way more than this MB about extending contracts. We don’t know for sure but hope McGary turns out to be a good one. I’m kinda surprised MR went to bed during the draft and disappointed he didn’t hang in there to til the end. I mean us die hard fans was there til the end. 

8 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’m going to trust DQ and even TD on this one.....I think they know way more than this MB about extending contracts. We don’t know for sure but hope McGary turns out to be a good one. I’m kinda surprised MR went to bed during the draft and disappointed he didn’t hang in there to til the end. I mean us die hard fans was there til the end. 

He said he went to sleep after lindstrom was picked. How was he supposed to know they were going to trade back into the first round? Wasting your day watching the entire draft doesn’t make you a better fan/person than a player who chooses to only be concerned with what his team does. 

8 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

There's a difference between a fan (die hard or not) and a player. Huge difference. You don't have to wake up early in the morning to prepare for team meetings, practice, etc, or make sure you're getting enough sleep (you should be) so you can stay in the best physical shape you can be. Not to mention Ryan has babies to take care of.

Priorities man.

10 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Seriously? Ryan Probably had an early morning workout scheduled while you slept in.

4 minutes ago, Panda said:

Matt Ryan deserves a ring. Please let this man get atleast 1 before he retires.

I questioned why he didn’t step in and take control over the final quarter of the super bowl but then I remembered that Shanny is one of those guys who snatch the keys away from the qb. Once the comeback started Matt should have been given the keys