birdz4i

Dan Quinn wants Falcons’ defense to get nasty in 2019

161 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Yes. It would be better if he would just come out and say: "Golly gee, I sure how were good enough to win a game or two." 

Words are not the same as actions. That said, if he doesn't believe we are doomed before we take the first snap. Words aren't enough, but to the extent the reflect real confidence, they are a realistic first step. 

"Well you see, its all part of a process. We'll just have to tee up the ole pigskin and see how far along in the process we are."

Do we really want the HC to his lurking doubts?  We all have good voices and bad voices. The ones we feed generally win out.

Or he’s simply saying what any coach would say. That doesn’t mean we as fans can’t get tired of listening to the same exact words year in and year out. 

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I believe him. Who else can get the defense to play the way he wants them to play better than him? He has a track record to go with him as well. Seattle and 2nd half of 2016. Seems to me he walks it like he talks it. 

All i’ll Say is this my friend....

He better. :ninja:

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I believe him. Who else can get the defense to play the way he wants them to play better than him? He has a track record to go with him as well. Seattle and 2nd half of 2016. Seems to me he walks it like he talks it. 

Can't explain logic to folks man 

3 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Anyone want to put a wager on the defense?

They've already proven they can be good if all of the stars are healthy. That isn't being questioned.

Vandy likes this

I see a lot of folks saying things like "actions speak louder than words"

You do realize that his taking over the defense play calling full-time is in fact him taking action, don't you?:huh:

We should have found a way to draft DT Christian Wilkins... No I don't know how,, But this player is going to be IMO the Best DT in this last draft.. I wish we could have gave a couple of next years draft picks or anything to get this player.. Just remember what I said ,by the end of the year.. He'll be known far and wide... If we could have gotten him.. This team would be the best team ever put on the field talent wise.. Actually ,, I think it may be anyway.. But Wilkins would have been the icing on the Cake.

2 hours ago, k-train said:

I see a lot of folks saying things like "actions speak louder than words"

You do realize that his taking over the defense play calling full-time is in fact him taking action, don't you?:huh:

We do, but you do realize Quinn wasn't off on some island last year when his defense crash and burned into finishing the year 25th in NFL defense, don’t you? 

Biggest change from last year to this year will be good health, at least I hope it is. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Or he’s simply saying what any coach would say. That doesn’t mean we as fans can’t get tired of listening to the same exact words year in and year out. 

That was my point. I was going a bit deeper though...we probably couldn't handle the truth and would be angry if he told it. 

10 minutes ago, falcndave said:

That was my point. I was going a bit deeper though...we probably couldn't handle the truth and would be angry if he told it. 

I prefer the truth so I can’t speak for everyone else on that one

15 hours ago, birdz4i said:

In the 2017 campaign, the Falcons were ninth in total defense, allowed under 3,500 total passing yards, ranked eighth in the NFL surrendering just 19.7 points per game, and allowed opponents to rush for 104 yards per game.

I want better this year. With the renewed expectations for the offense and those important defense starters returning.

If the Birds can run the ball all is golden this season sans injuries....Dammit did I say that I word?.

9 hours ago, FalconAge said:

Did this article really just say that Dan Quinn fired Manuel because three starters got hurt???

I think he was made a (An.) Escape goat.

Vandy likes this

49 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We do, but you do realize Quinn wasn't off on some island last year when his defense finished the year 25th in NFL defense, don’t you? 

Biggest change from last year to this year will be good health, at least I hope it is. 

Was he calling the D last year?

7 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

As long as they don’t whip their pierced nipples out after a defensive score... 

Although I'd like do see a replay of that!:slick:

9 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

blah, blah, blah......  BLAH.   

Seriously Coach, quit talking about it. SHOW US.

9 hours ago, Vandy said:

Talk is cheap.

You guys forget the reporters are the ones initiating theses questions about what Quinn wants in 2019. He’s simply answering a question. What else is he supposed to say?

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

We should have found a way to draft DT Christian Wilkins... No I don't know how,, But this player is going to be IMO the Best DT in this last draft.. I wish we could have gave a couple of next years draft picks or anything to get this player.. Just remember what I said ,by the end of the year.. He'll be known far and wide... If we could have gotten him.. This team would be the best team ever put on the field talent wise.. Actually ,, I think it may be anyway.. But Wilkins would have been the icing on the Cake.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. The best DT out of this past draft was Quinnen Williams, IMO!

36 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

You guys forget the reporters are the ones initiating theses questions about what Quinn wants in 2019. He’s simply answering a question. What else is he supposed to say?

Exactly What is it you think we “forgot”? 

Dealing with reporters goes with the territory, but doesn’t change at all what I said. 

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Of course. You think otherwise?

There very well may have been a point where he got more hands on last season, but for the most part, no I don't think Quinn was that involved in play calling. Quinn saw Manuel as his understudy & seemed to genuinely have a lot of faith in him when he promoted MM to DC. So, I truly believe DQ wanted to do everything he could to let Manuel take his lumps, learn from the mistakes, and right the ship himself... thus he did not step on his toes & take the reigns from him last year.

7 minutes ago, k-train said:

There very well may have been a point where he got more hands on last season, but for the most part, no I don't think Quinn was that involved in play calling. Quinn saw Manuel as his understudy & seemed to genuinely have a lot of faith in him when he promoted MM to DC. So, I truly believe DQ wanted to do everything he could to let Manuel take his lumps, learn from the mistakes, and right the ship himself... thus he did not step on his toes & take the reigns from him last year.

Believe what you wish, but that’s not how it works for a defensive-minded HC who sees his defense floundering and team’s season dissipating. At all.