PriMeTiiMe

Pete Prisco's top 100 players

40 posts in this topic

Link to Pete Prisco's Top 100 NFL Players

4 Falcons made the list. Julio, Ryan, Grady and Deion.

In my opinion, Julio is about right, Ryan is too low, Grady is about right, Deion is way too low but being injured last year I get it. Should be top 50 though. Somewhat surprised that Matthews, Mack and Neal were left off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Rodgers is officially neck and neck with Andrew Luck as the most over rated player by the media in recent memory. Very good player for sure but he's THAT much better than Ryan? Give him the same credentials while wearing a Titans or Jaguars uniform and he doesn't get that kind of hype. As for Luck the guy is a vastly overrated turnover machine for the lion share of his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Pete Prisco sounds like a guy who would go town to town with a wagon selling "Vitality Tonic".

Passamaquoddy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

Aaron Rodgers is officially neck and neck with Andrew Luck as the most over rated player by the media in recent memory. Very good player for sure but he's THAT much better than Ryan? Give him the same credentials while wearing a Titans or Jaguars uniform and he doesn't get that kind of hype. As for Luck the guy is a vastly overrated turnover machine for the lion share of his career.

100%. Rodgers is mega overrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to know exactly what this guy based his list on, because if I make a list based on just last season, Aaron Rodgers is nowhere NEAR #3. 

And I think its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early to crown Mahomes like that.  It's going to be dam near impossible for him to duplicate last season.  You watch. 

NeonDeion and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

Aaron Rodgers is officially neck and neck with Andrew Luck as the most over rated player by the media in recent memory. Very good player for sure but he's THAT much better than Ryan? Give him the same credentials while wearing a Titans or Jaguars uniform and he doesn't get that kind of hype. As for Luck the guy is a vastly overrated turnover machine for the lion share of his career.

It's group think/herd mentality. Nobody wants to be the guy who sticks out by ranking Rodgers low. They all only remember his 2011 season. They over value his "low INTs" even though it's mostly because he bails on plays and throws the ball away over anything. That's all. Saying Rodgers hasn't been better than Ryan gets all kinds of reactions, even though stats consistently say it's true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, runshoot said:

100%. Rodgers is mega overrated. 

Ahhhh...that's Godgers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Aaron Rodgers is officially neck and neck with Andrew Luck as the most over rated player by the media in recent memory. Very good player for sure but he's THAT much better than Ryan? Give him the same credentials while wearing a Titans or Jaguars uniform and he doesn't get that kind of hype. As for Luck the guy is a vastly overrated turnover machine for the lion share of his career.

If Rodgers was a jag they’d have a SB probably 2 years straight with the defense they have. All they were missing was a DECENT qb. Trent Dillfer would’ve been enough for them to win. 

Ovie_Lover, Cole World and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, vel said:

It's group think/herd mentality. Nobody wants to be the guy who sticks out by ranking Rodgers low. They all only remember his 2011 season. They over value his "low INTs" even though it's mostly because he bails on plays and throws the ball away over anything. That's all. Saying Rodgers hasn't been better than Ryan gets all kinds of reactions, even though stats consistently say it's true. 

I can’t take anything away from Rodgers. He IS that good. The media does overrate him and I believe he and Matt are neck and neck so long story short he is slightly overrated and Matt is severely underrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

If Rodgers was a jag they’d have a SB probably 2 years straight with the defense they have. All they were missing was a DECENT qb. Trent Dillfer would’ve been enough for them to win. 

Tennessee would of had one too. Their defense was killer last year. 

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Aaron Rodgers is officially neck and neck with Andrew Luck as the most over rated player by the media in recent memory. Very good player for sure but he's THAT much better than Ryan? Give him the same credentials while wearing a Titans or Jaguars uniform and he doesn't get that kind of hype. As for Luck the guy is a vastly overrated turnover machine for the lion share of his career.

You clearly know nothing about the Titans or Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Aaron Rodgers is officially neck and neck with Andrew Luck as the most over rated player by the media in recent memory. Very good player for sure but he's THAT much better than Ryan? Give him the same credentials while wearing a Titans or Jaguars uniform and he doesn't get that kind of hype. As for Luck the guy is a vastly overrated turnover machine for the lion share of his career.

Everyone is still going off of 2013-2014 Rodgers and conveniently everyone seems to forget Ryan's 2016 historic season :bang:

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I can’t take anything away from Rodgers. He IS that good. The media does overrate him and I believe he and Matt are neck and neck so long story short he is slightly overrated and Matt is severely underrated. 

Oh I'm not saying he's trash. He's a dawg. But 3rd overall in the league? Best QB? Naw. His talent is unbelievable, but if that was the case, throw Matt Stafford over Matt Ryan. Product on the field needs to weigh more and the media makes more excuses for Rodgers than is necessary. He's underperformed for years now and Matt has plain outperformed him for years, yet it's name recognition and what Rodgers "could do" but hasn't. Rodgers has only had one season over 100 passer rating in the last four, yet that's ignored. He's capable of doing what he did in 2011, because he's done it, but we're closing in on half a decade of where he hasn't been close to that player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t understand how anyone could objectively look at Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers numbers and film last year and possibly think Rodgers was the better player, let alone the 3rd best player in the league. That’s laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Pete Prisco sounds like a guy who would go town to town with a wagon selling "Vitality Tonic".

I'm reminded of a Steve Earle song about snake oil  ;)

 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Pete Prisco sounds like a guy who would go town to town with a wagon selling "Vitality Tonic".

Cocaine salesmen sure have changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vel said:

Oh I'm not saying he's trash. He's a dawg. But 3rd overall in the league? Best QB? Naw. His talent is unbelievable, but if that was the case, throw Matt Stafford over Matt Ryan. Product on the field needs to weigh more and the media makes more excuses for Rodgers than is necessary. He's underperformed for years now and Matt has plain outperformed him for years, yet it's name recognition and what Rodgers "could do" but hasn't. Rodgers has only had one season over 100 passer rating in the last four, yet that's ignored. He's capable of doing what he did in 2011, because he's done it, but we're closing in on half a decade of where he hasn't been close to that player. 

This. Stafford has better tools than Ryan. But Ryan has much much higher IQ and accuracy and all the stats to go with it. Rodgers is just the Lexus version of the Stafford Toyota. Same thing in a fancier package 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now