Unknøwn

Braves @ Nationals

675 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Phillies are 6-16 over their last 22 games. They've lost 7 straight, including the fact they just got swept by Miami.

Swept by Miami! I knew all along that team was going to eventually come down to earth!

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 hours ago, jidady said:

Jeff Francoeur just asked Paul Byrd about how it works when a struggling player needs to get sent down to the minors. Those roles REALLY should have been reversed. 

Well in Frenchy's case, you throw a hissy fit that forces a trade to a division rival.

dmite likes this

22 minutes ago, E. T. said:

How about a huge round of applause to the Braves fans representing in DC!

Go Braves!

Yep. I mentioned this earlier and agree, the fans took over the stadium. Kind of like what happens when the Falcons host the Steelers or insert big time band traditional team name. It was awesome. The Braves are a national team. 

tl;dr, BamaBirdLady and E. T. like this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Phillies are 6-16 over their last 22 games. They've lost 7 straight, including the fact they just got swept by Miami.

If it weren't for Luke Folty Jackson it would be 5-17.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I will agree to that he'a not as bad as he's looked but hes also not closer material to me.

He just can't handle the 9th inning. He'd be a lockdown 6th or 7th inning guy.

Malachore and youngbloodz like this

Just now, UGABOZ said:

I know but man what will we do? luke is struggling

At some point AA has got to pull the trigger on a trade, unfortunately it'll be another 30+ days.

I'd rather Swarzak in the meantime. 

15 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Easy... Webb or Swarzak. 

Long term I wouldn't mind seeing Ynoa as a closer. He's got the stuff for it. 

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Long term I wouldn't mind seeing Ynoa as a closer. He's got the stuff for it. 

yes but man bring em up then send em down 

I loved.Soroka’s response to a local reporter asking him about playing a series against a hot team like the Nationals his first response was “we’re pretty hot too”. Then the reporter prefaced his question to something else and Soroka gave it to him but his initial response and attitude was like yeah...We good. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

I loved.Soroka’s response to a local reporter asking him about playing a series against a hot team like the Nationals his first response was “we’re pretty hot too”. Then the reporter prefaced his question to something else and Soroka gave it to him but his initial response and attitude was like yeah...We good. 

Yeah he was not happy about being hit by that pitch and gave a pretty displeased response when asked about it.

Glad we got them in the end but that's some grade A ******** drilling him, intentional or not.

It wasn't the pitcher's fault. You'll notice the catcher was set up outside. He just missed his spot by two feet. It was just brutally unlucky for Atlanta.

10 hours ago, jidady said:

It wasn't the pitcher's fault. You'll notice the catcher was set up outside. He just missed his spot by two feet. It was just brutally unlucky for Atlanta.

If he missed his spot by 2 feet then how is it not the pitcher's fault? :lol:

jidady likes this

58 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If he missed his spot by 2 feet then how is it not the pitcher's fault? :lol:

You know what I mean!

I did love seeing that competitive fire from Soroka. Hes cool and calm as can be but you can see inside he has a raging beast. He knew it was a big game against a rival and he wanted that ball. Pretty sure they had to hold him back from running out there. He said he grew up playing hockey, that little hit was nothing.

Malachore and BamaBirdLady like this

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I did love seeing that competitive fire from Soroka. Hes cool and calm as can be but you can see inside he has a raging beast. He knew it was a big game against a rival and he wanted that ball. Pretty sure they had to hold him back from running out there. He said he grew up playing hockey, that little hit was nothing.

Yeah after watching the replay he glared out there a couple times and looked like  he was thinking about saying something but he kept walking.