Unknøwn

Braves @ Nationals

675 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

After tonight someone might get into Foltys ear. He was so good last year because he controlled himself. He lost that control on an epic level tonight. Sometimes people need someone to get in their ear and remind you of things. 

You know guys have been talking to him already and it's not taking.

sdogg likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What happened to Don Sutton?

Early in the season they said he fell and broke his leg. Required surgery and he'll be out till hes fully recovered. 

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

After tonight someone might get into Foltys ear. He was so good last year because he controlled himself. He lost that control on an epic level tonight. Sometimes people need someone to get in their ear and remind you of things. 

My thing is why not our catchers? I understand the relationship but it’s not uncommon for a catcher to check his pitcher. Go to the mound and say tighten up. It’s not unheard of. There was a time...

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Early in the season they said he fell and broke his leg. Required surgery and he'll be out till hes fully recovered. 

Crazy. Just figured he'd be back by now for the home games like he did last year. It's one of the reasons they put Joe Simpson on the radio, because Don doesn't do road games anymore.

4 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

My thing is why not our catchers? I understand the relationship but it’s not uncommon for a catcher to check his pitcher. Go to the mound and say tighten up. It’s not unheard of. There was a time...

I think we lose mound visits if they go to the mound.  Should be tearing into that rear in the dugout.  

35 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Would like to try him in the bullpen before we trade him.

I brought up the trade cause I figured we could package him with a couple other prospects to get a starter. But I like you're idea too

Falconsfan567 and sdogg like this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I brought up the trade cause I figured we could package him with a couple other prospects to get a starter. But I like you're idea too

Yeah. I just don't see Folty having much trade value at the moment.

sdogg and youngbloodz like this

2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I think we lose mound visits if they go to the mound.  Should be tearing into that rear in the dugout.  

Yes, it counts against the mound visit rule. But I've never seen a team use up all their mound visits in a game. It's one of the reasons it was changed from 6 to 5 this year.

2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

That may have happened. He did calm down after. He didn’t pitch well but owned his game after. Maybe that’s a start. 

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, it counts against the mound visit rule. But I've never seen a team use up all their mound visits in a game. It's one of the reasons it was changed from 6 to 5 this year.

The lowest I saw us is 2.  We do not need to use one on his whiny self.  I like a jettison to AAA.  

Just now, Black Francis said:

That may have happened. He did calm down after. He didn’t pitch well but owned his game after. Maybe that’s a start. 

I see a Triple A team that needs him.  Maybe we have Crash Davis in AA ready for him.