Jump to content

MJD's RB Rankings


AustFalcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

5d0ac5e7b07e3_ScreenShot2019-06-20at9_29_15am.png.b4ea76d5d073c7bf2489eb8d13b94298.png

I'm not sure. Is MJD affected by too may concussions? Is he planning to select Freeman in his fantasy draft and trying to hide it? I honestly go to about 18 and scrolled back up because I thought I must have missed Devonta.

Good news - MJD feels he is better than Lamar Miller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Well he explained why .. injuries & Koetter but the Koetter part is a reach considering he hadn’t had a Freeman .. ever . So yea . I can’t knock it . 

I can. He has Coleman ahead of him he literally wasn't as good for his entire career as Freeman in the same system with all the chances in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Freemans not a young back anymore.. Add in the injuries and im not sure what Falcons fans are expecting.. But if anyone expects Free to be who he was 3 years ago im afraid you're going to be disappointed 

Im not sure what to expect. I expect Ito to have a good year though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

I can. He has Coleman ahead of him he literally wasn't as good for his entire career as Freeman in the same system with all the chances in the world.

Not saying coleman is better but you did see they trashed almost all our offensive line l from ast year right? Not to mention we had one of the decent ones lost for most of the season. 

Edited by red falcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

All falls on his health. I haven’t jumped aboard the Freeman wagon like everyone else because I enjoy seeing multiple years of success before declaring someone this or that so I can’t argue his opinion

I mean...there's three really good years in here. Especially for the way today's NFL works.

Edit: my copy/paste did not translate to the thread. But he has had three really good years. If he is playing, he is far better than 29.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I mean...there's three really good years in here. Especially for the way today's NFL works.

Edit: my copy/paste did not translate to the thread. But he has had three really good years. If he is playing, he is far better than 29.

2015 and 2016. that was then. he has been banged up since. his last season that was almost a complete season(2017) was sub par compared to those 2 so if you choose to judge off of 2015 and 2016, do you. I'll wait to see if he can return to that form or close to it. If you want to talk about how todays NFL works, I could easily point to guys like Gurley, Zeke, Barkley being the standard. Trust me you don't have to accept my opinion. I expected absolutely nothing less at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

I mean...there's three really good years in here. Especially for the way today's NFL works.

 

It’s gonna be fun watching freeman make a lot of prognosticators look stupid.....both out there and in here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

2015 and 2016. that was then. he has been banged up since. his last season that was almost a complete season(2017) was sub par compared to those 2 so if you choose to judge off of 2015 and 2016, do you. I'll wait to see if he can return to that form or close to it. If you want to talk about how todays NFL works, I could easily point to guys like Gurley, Zeke, Barkley being the standard. Trust me you don't have to accept my opinion. I expected absolutely nothing less at all

Sub-par still equates to 1100+ total yards and 8 TDs. That's a fine season by any standards, especially considering the amount of the load Coleman took. You get that in 2019 and you consider it a success. Luckily, Freeman already earned his contract because they'll likely platoon RBs and wait for the playoffs (or playoff push) to lean more on him. He hasn't been in a game since 10/7/18. He should be fresh after having time off, but they will likely take it easy on him early.

The real wild card in all of this is we will find out how much of a drop-off the position takes below Freeman on the depth chart. If the backups don't live up to expectations, their hands may be forced to stay with Freeman more often. Here's to hoping Ito and Quadree step in and play well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

Sub-par still equates to 1100+ total yards and 8 TDs. That's a fine season by any standards, especially considering the amount of the load Coleman took. You get that in 2019 and you consider it a success. Luckily, Freeman already earned his contract because they'll likely platoon RBs and wait for the playoffs (or playoff push) to lean more on him. He hasn't been in a game since 10/7/18. He should be fresh after having time off, but they will likely take it easy on him early.

The real wild card in all of this is we will find out how much of a drop-off the position takes below Freeman on the depth chart. If the backups don't live up to expectations, their hands may be forced to stay with Freeman more often. Here's to hoping Ito and Quadree step in and play well.

I'll say this, Freeman, like several backs around the league, is only going to go as far as the offensive line allows him to go. He has great games both on the ground and in the air but while he has that shared success, he has up and down weeks. Granted he's been in a RBBC since he's been in the league but if he's that guy that he's made out to be on this message board, that wouldn't be the case. He would get his breathers but he would also get 20+ carries or close to it per game on a weekly basis. With the Offensive line being the best that it has been in about 4 years(on paper), he has every single opportunity to prove his worth and shut people up.

Like I said, unlike everyone else I don't just jump on individual bandwagons after a year or 2, I wait until 3-4 years of top tier production. Most of the people riding his wagon now, maybe yourself included, I don't know, were the same ones saying cut him and he didn't deserve to be on the roster after his rookie season which was actually decent for someone in his position. If he can stay healthy and produce this year and next year at the same level or better as he did in 2015 and 2016, i'll give him his respect.

To your point about the new guys, that's a wide open backfield with a load of competition. I think Quadree will ultimately play a chunk of full back if he adds a few pounds, not many, while getting a few carries per game. Ito showed me enough last season behind that trash truck of a line to trust him if Freeman goes down again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Umm.....MJD's best years were with Dirk Koetter as his offensive coordinator.  This feels pretty **** dumb.

Uh if you think offenses in 2010 are the same as they are in 2019 then I don't know what to tell you.

History shows that Dirks offenses in the past years haven't posted good rushing numbers outside of the 2105 Martin year which was noted. But TAFT will continue to scream about Dirks Jacksonville days. Its good for a laugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Uh if you think offenses in 2010 are the same as they are in 2019 then I don't know what to tell you.

History shows that Dirks offenses in the past years haven't posted good rushing numbers outside of the 2105 Martin year which was noted. But TAFT will continue to scream about Dirks Jacksonville days. Its good for a laugh.

Yeah the running game sure has changed a lot. Can you list all of em off for me? Then follow that up with a list of running backs he's had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...