Forum Opinion Poll: Integrity of the NFL  

93 members have voted

1. 1. We all love the game, but what is your stance on the legitimacy of the product?

• NFL has complete integrity.
    • NFL has team biases.
    • NFL games are influenced by ratings.
    • NFL games are influenced by gaming.
    • NFL games are influenced for multiple reasons.
    • Added: NFL referees have personal biases.

Those that come to this Forum are more informed and closer to the game than most Falcon fans, so the results should be interesting. I also believe the fans coming here are more informed than Fans in most cities.

How would this poll differ from city to city?

Edited by Cheap Talk

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don’t really agree with any of the options outside of the first. Never been one to think certain elements played a part in outcomes of games. 

Should I add something else, such as referees have biases, but not necessarily the corporate entity? 

Would have entered more choices for the NFL being on the up and up, but there is really only one way to word it, if that is what you believe.

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If it’s fixed and all QB’s are in on it, 1-2 would have gone the Jimmy Hoffa route. The competitive nature of people like Brady, Wilson & Ryan would prevent them from being told to lose.  

1-2 means the games are pretty much determined on the playing field, by the players. Not sure what you mean?

3 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

referees have biases, but not necessarily the corporate entity

If I have to choose, I would go with this.

And I'm not saying that they're always aware of their favoritism.

But sometimes, I think it's deliberate.  There was one ref that absolutely hated Glanville, and I think it showed in his judgement

Just now, rounz said:

If I have to choose, I would go with this.

And I'm not saying that they're always aware of their favoritism.

But sometimes, I think it's deliberate.  There was one ref that absolutely hated Glanville, and I think it showed in his judgement

Ok, will add it.

41 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Should I add something else, such as referees have biases, but not necessarily the corporate entity? 

Would have entered more choices for the NFL being on the up and up, but there is really only one way to word it, if that is what you believe.

I honestly don't believe in all of that so i'm the wrong person to ask.

Interesting reads to say the least

The post Katina Saints run was 100% massaged or influenced in my option 

I felt strongly The Harbaugh Bowl was influenced  

I never even thought of this but you could argue the post 9/11 Patriot run is questionable  that and Krafts tie ins with the media 

taking tin foil off

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/313959/string-theories-is-the-nfl-broken-because-its-fi.html

https://miningawareness.wordpress.com/2018/02/04/is-the-nfl-fixed-organized-crime-influence-on-the-nfl/

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/Board/103102/Contents/Do-you-believe-the-NFL-is-riggedbecause-I-do-71918951/

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Interesting reads to say the least

The post Katina Saints run was 100% massaged or influenced in my option 

I felt strongly The Harbaugh Bowl was influenced  

I never even thought of this but you could argue the post 9/11 Patriot run is questionable  that and Krafts tie ins with the media 

taking tin foil off

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/313959/string-theories-is-the-nfl-broken-because-its-fi.html

https://miningawareness.wordpress.com/2018/02/04/is-the-nfl-fixed-organized-crime-influence-on-the-nfl/

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/Board/103102/Contents/Do-you-believe-the-NFL-is-riggedbecause-I-do-71918951/

Surprised to see how you voted, think you are in a transition period? Really impressed with the way you are researching this! It i an important subject for most of us that spend $$$$ every year on the NFL product. What I would like to see is the Fan-base forcing change on the NFL, and make them somehow certify each and every game.

Would have voted the same way you did, but I deleted the topic I had originally voted for and thought I could then vote again, but it would not allow. 

All man-made systems are open to corruption so I'm sure there's been games that have been influenced here and there via cheating, gambling and/or biases but in general I'd say there's probably not a lot of funny business in the NFL field product.   I voted for "Ratings" though not in a sinister way.   Ratings have led to rules that favor offenses and ultimately influences the outcomes of most games.  

4 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Surprised to see how you voted, think you are in a transition period? Really impressed with the way you are researching this! It i an important subject for most of us that spend $$$$ every year on the NFL product. What I would like to see is the Fan-base forcing change on the NFL, and make them somehow certify each and every game.

Would have voted the same way you did, but I deleted the topic I had originally voted for and thought I could then vote again, but it would not allow. 

I voted that way because I think the games can be subtly influenced by the refs at crucial points in games. For a variety of reasons. I don’t think this is limited to the NFL.  I don’t think players or coaches are involved. Do I know?  No   Proof?  Never    Gut feeling:yes  

Its a ratings driven business and its in their interest to keep games compelling considering advertising dollars. They are doing a good job of it because the last couple of nfl seasons have been good product. 

I think there is a team bias towards teams concerning geography (Green Bay), what’s going on in the country (saints, NE), who they want to promote (Brady, Wilson, etc)

It was a running joke that Seattle got away with dpi every play  I feel the pats get away with a slough of penalties especially defensive holding  

the nfl is not scripted like the wwe.  But apparently they have a legal right to do whatever they deem is ok   

14 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

All man-made systems are open to corruption so I'm sure there's been games that have been influenced here and there via cheating, gambling and/or biases but in general I'd say there's probably not a lot of funny business in the NFL field product.   I voted for "Ratings" though not in a sinister way.   Ratings have led to rules that favor offenses and ultimately influences the outcomes of most games.  

It’s a fact the rules are geared toward the offense now due to ratings. Same way with NBA. 

4 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

No scripted or rigged option? 

I think there exists unconscious bias throughout the league but I don't believe the NFL or referees consciously give unfair advantages to any team, city or player.

Good point, but no, because I have a bias for "scripted or rigged". Wanted to take my personal bias out of it and make it as fair as possible. Besides, have to respect the fact this is a Falcon's Message Board.

If you want me to add it I will?

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

I can't vote in this poll because the options are basically either, the NFL is perfect, or the NFL is Tainted. And neither is the case.

That's why I went with the games are influenced for multiple reasons. It could be something as simple as a ref having personal things going on that affect his ability to focus on the game, or deflated balls...

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

This what I was trying to say on the other thread. I believe something occurs to massage or influenced Cr desired outcomes in today’s game. I think they desired outcome for most games is to keep it close till the end of the game: for both betting and Dan interest. 

Re: SB 51: the only screw job the refs gave us was In Their last drive of the first half which netted them a fg. Other than that the second half was us letting off the gas, underestimating the pats, bad play calls, amazing play on their part. I did t see anything the refs did to screw us. It was us that screwed us.

39 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I can't vote in this poll because the options are basically either, the NFL is perfect, or the NFL is corrupt. And neither is the case.

Tried to create middle ground, and thought that 2 or 3 them accomplished that? Would you like me to add something?

Edited by Cheap Talk

11 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Im on paper for believing games are rigged .. not “every” game though . Big games, story lines, etc are a real thing . 

I am with you there, Pal!

However, tried to make the Poll as 'vanilla' as possible. Did not want to ruffle any feathers today.

Edited by Cheap Talk