jayu70

Around the NBA

429 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Everybody here knows I've been on the Vooch train for months. We'd be way better with him, Len and Bruno than say a Dedmon, Len and Bruno. Len will be a FA after this season too. Vooch is the best option for us at center in the next two FA and draft classes. Drummond is a misfit and AD will not escape the Lakers. Some here say we don't need a center on the Vooch level to win a championship. I disagree.

You don’t grasp what Schlenk is trying to do.   You are playing checkers and Schlenk is playing 3 Dimensional Chess.

Schlenk’s moves are being made to attract a top superstar in a year or two when that superstar can be added to a seasoned base of talent to hoist the NBA Finals trophy.

You would sign pretty good players now that would eat your cap and limit Hawks ability to add the CORRECT superstars in the future.   Whether Schlenk’s strategy works or not remains to be seen. - but I understand it and agree with it.  I will take the team that wins 39-43 games next year than add a Vooch and win 46-48 and be locked out of superstars in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You don’t grasp what Schlenk is trying to do.   You are playing checkers and Schlenk is playing 3 Dimensional Chess.

Schlenk’s moves are being made to attract a top superstar in a year or two when that superstar can be added to a seasoned base of talent to hoist the NBA Finals trophy.

You would sign pretty good players now that would eat your cap and limit Hawks ability to add the CORRECT superstars in the future.   Whether Schlenk’s strategy works or not remains to be seen. - but I understand it and agree with it.  I will take the team that wins 39-43 games next year than add a Vooch and win 46-48 and be locked out of superstars in the future.

This ^ +1 plus infinity +1.:lol:.

Here's Schlenks' quote on FAcy:

“I think what’s really important is a lot of times mistakes are made when teams go, ‘We have this cap space, we need to use it,’” Schlenk said. “You can’t spend it on the wrong guy. Right? I say all the time, if you make a mistake in a draft, it doesn’t kill your franchise.

“Obviously, you don’t want to make mistakes, but you’re talking about a two-year guaranteed contract with a small dollar amount. You make mistakes and free agents, and now you’re talking, to today’s world, a four-year contract at $25 to 30 million. Those can be [killers].”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

It’s safe to say Schlenk is not focusing on building this team through FAcy (this year) so some are just going to have to realize that.  We have a very talented young team we can watch grow!!!

Fixed for you! :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayu70 said:

Fixed for you! :D.

At the rate we are drafting these guys can become special but yeah next year with bank will definitely be different!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

 

 

 

I thought Russell was a perfect fit and could grow even more with the Nets.

 

I know that this has to be somewhat devastating to him knowing what he did for the Nets last season only for them to go after Kyrie. I don't see KD becoming a Net though, especially if the Lakers get Kawhi.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

I thought Russell was a perfect fit and could grow even more with the Nets.

 

I know that this has to be somewhat devastating to him knowing what he did for them last season only to go after Kyrie. I don't see KD becoming a Net though, esecially if the Lakers get Kawhi.

I think Brooklyn will regret this move, unless they get KD to commit.

They were building something special after giving away all their 1st round picks for the last 5 years.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

I'm happy for Kemba.

 

He should tell MJ and the Hornets FO to go drink a bucket of piss

They should have traded him at the deadline. They knew they weren't interested in going beyond the luxury tax!

I wouldn't pay him 5yr/$221 mil either...that's franchise suicide.

HorCats need to go full on rebuild.

Edited by jayu70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jayu70 said:

I think Brooklyn will regret this move, unless they get KD to commit.

They were building something special after giving away all their 1st round picks for the last 5 years.

 

Yep

 

Nets should've played the waiting game and tried to sign decent to good FAs to surround Russell with. Russell was becoming a star in NY, which would've attracted some talent to eventually want to come there to play and contend for a championship.

 

Nets are putting all their eggs in one basket in hopes of KD coming and playing a year from now at the age 32 coming off one of the worst injuries a basketball player can have.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

They should have traded him at the deadline. They knew they weren't interested in going beyond the luxury tax!

I wouldn't pay him 5yr/$221 mil either...that's franchise suicide.

HorCats need to go full on rebuild.

 

Yeah, I get that

 

But Kemba really wanted to stay in Charlotte. So bad enough that he was willing to sign a little bit under the max to stay.

 

Jordan should've been built a decent team around Kemba. The man is a really good business man, but an awful "Governor". MJ thinks that he can build a good team out of nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Yeah, I get that

 

But Kemba really wanted to stay in Charlotte. So bad enough that he was willing to sign a little bit under the max to stay.

 

Jordan should've been built a decent team around Kemba. The man is a really good business man, but an awful "Governor". MJ thinks that he can build a good team out of nothing.

What was his 'little under the max'.

If he didn't make All-NBA which pushed it to 5yr/$221 his contract would have been 5yrs/$190. They offered 5yrs/$170.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

 

I thought Russell was a perfect fit and could grow even more with the Nets.

 

I know that this has to be somewhat devastating to him knowing what he did for the Nets last season only for them to go after Kyrie. I don't see KD becoming a Net though, esecially if the Lakers get Kawhi.

Yeah man no loyalty just straight business.  However Russell will have a lot of teams coming for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

What was his 'little under the max'.

If he didn't make All-NBA which pushed it to 5yr/$221 his contract would have been 5yrs/$190. They offered 5yrs/$170.

 

Not exactly sure how much under though.

 

Does the Hornets have money tied up into bad FA signings and overpaying not so good players when they re-sign them or something?

 

How come they would've been in luxury tax if they had paid Kemba? I don't really follow the Hornets like that, I just know that MJ has made some bad moves over his years as majority "Governor".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now