jayu70

Around the NBA

429 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WOR said:

Boston and LA having a terrible day? 

Ah man you just hate to see it 

I actually do for Boston to be honest they've only been semi relevant compared to the Lakers since Bird left them. 

I know they won the chip, but it was short lived basically. Oh well who cares.

10 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

I actually do for Boston to be honest they've only been semi relevant compared to the Lakers since Bird left them. 

I know they won the chip, but it was short lived basically. Oh well who cares.

Mods please remove this man from this website.

jayu70 and ATLBrave like this

55 minutes ago, WOR said:

Mods please remove this man from this website.

Never I can't be removed. 

36 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Would anyone sign off on this??

https://hoopshype.com/2019/05/04/nikola-vucevic-free-agency-rumors-magic-kings-lakers-hawks/

Sorry I dont know how to post the article

What do you think

No. We don’t have the cap room since taking on Crabbe contract and this is not the year for Hawks to go all in for free agents.  Looking at future free agent crops, probably looking at 2021 before Hawks go all in.

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

https://hoopshype.com/2019/05/04/nikola-vucevic-free-agency-rumors-magic-kings-lakers-hawks/

What do you think

Nah, I'd rather see what we have for a couple years before making any big signing in free agency.

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

What do you think

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

No. We don’t have the cap room since taking on Crabbe contract and this is not the year for Hawks to go all in for free agents.  Looking at future free agent crops, probably looking at 2021 before Hawks go all in.

We have $12 million in capspace after the Crabbe deal.

blkbigdog35 and g-dawg like this

3 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

What do you think

I actually would be okay with it Vooch would take us from maybe playoff berth to at least 5-7 seed with what we have.

I know I know it's early, but I honestly believe after last night we're in for a big big surprise this season.

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

We have $12 million in capspace after the Crabbe deal.

Is that including Solomon Hill, too?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Is that including Solomon Hill, too?

Yes, we had $24 is after the Crabbe trade.

Edited by jayu70
jidady likes this

50 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Yes, we had $24 is after the Crabbe trade.

That is excellent news, thank you!

Sources: Rockets plan to recruit Jimmy Butler

6:10 PM ET
  • wojnarowski_adrian.png&w=160&h=160&scale
    Adrian WojnarowskiNBA

Once free agency starts on Sunday, the Houston Rockets are planning to recruit Jimmy Butler to push the Philadelphia 76ers for a sign-and-trade deal that would allow the All-Star forward to join James Harden and Chris Paul, league sources tell ESPN.

The Rockets don't have the salary-cap space to sign Butler, so they'd need the threat of the Sixers losing him for nothing to a team with the available room to motivate the Sixers into a trade.

The Sixers plan to be aggressive in signing Butler to a new deal, sources said, and could blunt a Rockets push with a full five-year, $190 million offer at the start of free agency on Sunday night. The Sixers could offer Butler a four-year, $146.5M deal, too.

Butler would be eligible to sign a four-year, $140 million contract on the way to the Rockets, but Houston would likely need to include center Clint Capela and guard Eric Gordon to make the financial deal work, sources said.

The 76ers are facing a free agency that includes Butler, Tobias Harris and JJ Redick. They're expected to make a significant four- or five-year offer to keep Butler, whom they acquired in a trade with Minnesota for Dario Saric and Robert Covington in November.

If the Sixers were to lose Butler in free agency -- and were in position to keep Harris and Redick -- it is possible that the Sixers could simply want the payroll flexibility and dismiss the potential idea of a sign-and-trade scenario for Butler.