jayu70

Around the NBA

428 posts in this topic

Catch all thread for news from around the League:

Al opted out in hopes of resigning with Boston, however...

3 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Love New Orleans making them complete it on the 6th. Also love seeing them twist in the breeze trying to figure out how to get a star and seven other players with ~$24 million. They're going to wind up spending $30-50 million in luxury tax trying to build that roster.

jayu70 likes this

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Love New Orleans making them complete it on the 6th. Also love seeing them twist in the breeze trying to figure out how to get a star and seven other players with ~$24 million. They're going to wind up spending $30-50 million in luxury tax trying to build that roster.

All for one player too.  

4 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

All for one player too.  

Wait until they reup him next season. If I had to bet for them or the field next season, I'm putting the house and kids on the field.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Wait until they reup him next season. If I had to bet for them or the field next season, I'm putting the house and kids on the field.

:lol: no doubt man Pelinka has his hands full.

JayOzOne likes this

2 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

:lol: no doubt man Pelinka has his hands full.

:lol::lol:

King James does it again. Left Cleveland as a depleted lottery team full of over-the-hill bums (twice), did it to Miami, and now he's doing it to the Lakers. Worst GM in the league. :)

Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

Ooooooohhhh.... My Sixers can kill two birds with one stone.

Yeah the Celtics are about to become a lottery team.  Kyrie probably gone and now Horford potentially gone.  Then loosing out on the AD sweepstakes.

3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

:lol::lol:

King James does it again. Left Cleveland as a depleted lottery team full of over-the-hill bums (twice), did it to Miami, and now he's doing it to the Lakers. Worst GM in the league. :)

Pretty much just don’t understand how you expect to be competitive that way!

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah the Celtics are about to become a lottery team.  Kyrie probably gone and now Horford potentially gone.  Then loosing out on the AD sweepstakes.

I'm having a great night. I haven't been on Twitter all day and you're showing me what I'm missing. Thanks!

Horford is always the difference between the Cs and the 76ers. Comes up big on defense and offense against us every time. If he leaves Boston, it's a bigger hit than them losing Kyrie.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm having a great night. I haven't been on Twitter all day and you're showing me what I'm missing. Thanks!

Horford is always the difference between the Cs and the 76ers. Comes up big on defense and offense against us every time. If he leaves Boston, it's a bigger hit than them losing Kyrie.

No doubt but do you think you guys will bring back Tobias?

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

No doubt but do you think you guys will bring back Tobias?

I want him back. I'm more than okay if they max him and Butler to get them back. With a training camp and lessons learned from last season, bringing him and Jimmy Buckets back would make us a very very dangerous squad. But I think Harris bolts to the Nets in a couple of weeks. To be honest, even though Big Al is old, if I had a chance to grab him to weaken the Cs and help us for a year or so, I'd give him a four-year deal over Tobias. With that said, Horford has definitely peaked and Harris still has tons of upside as a second option somewhere. People think he didn't play well in Philly but he was sometimes the fourth and fifth option. He was sometimes too unselfish, which I would correct if I was Brett Brown.

I want him back. I'm more than okay if they max him and Butler to get them back. With a training camp and lessons learned from last season, bringing him and Jimmy Buckets back would make us a very very dangerous squad. But I think Harris bolts to the Nets in a couple of weeks. To be honest, even though Big Al is old, if I had a chance to grab him to weaken the Cs and help us for a year or so, I'd give him a four-year deal over Tobias. With that said, Horford has definitely peaked and Harris still has tons of upside as a second option somewhere. People think he didn't play well in Philly but he was sometimes the fourth and fifth option. He was sometimes too unselfish, which I would correct if I was Brett Brown.

You guys definitely have a great core but definitely having Jimmy go through a whole camp will be huge.  Somebody is going to break the bank for Tobias though IMO.

12 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

You guys definitely have a great core but definitely having Jimmy go through a whole camp will be huge.  Somebody is going to break the bank for Tobias though IMO.

IMO, we have to max both of them in the first minutes of FA. They're going to be the fallback options for the Knicks, Nets, and Mavs. And I expect the Clippers to go after Butler. Our advantage is the extra year and loot per season. Our disadvantage is location. Butler wants to play in LA and Harris is from New York. My big fear is that the Clippers will snatch Butler and Kawhi and that Harris will go home to New York. God bless them for whatever they decide to do.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

IMO, we have to max both of them in the first minutes of FA. They're going to be the fallback options for the Knicks, Nets, and Mavs. And I expect the Clippers to go after Butler. Our advantage is the extra year and loot per season. Our disadvantage is location. Butler wants to play in LA and Harris is from New York. My big fear is that the Clippers will snatch Butler and Kawhi and that Harris will go home to New York. God bless them for whatever they decide to do.

Yeah man can’t blame them for wanting to be close to home and making a great deal of money at that.

JayOzOne likes this

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah man can’t blame them for wanting to be close to home and making a great deal of money at that.

Not at all. I'm cool with player movement. When somebody calls out KD for going to Oakland, I ask where he should have gone if he no longer wanted to be in OKC and they're all stumped for an answer. And when Dan Gilbert penned that nasty letter calling LeBron "disloyal" for going to Miami, I wondered how loyal Gilbert was when he fired Danny Ferry and Mike Brown after they won 60+ games the two prior seasons. Teams cut players every month of the season and nobody freaks out about it. If I'm a player and I have the cache to play where I want, I'm going to be loyal to myself first.

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Not at all. I'm cool with player movement. When somebody calls out KD for going to Oakland, I ask where he should have gone if he no longer wanted to be in OKC and they're all stumped for an answer. And when Dan Gilbert penned that nasty letter calling LeBron "disloyal" for going to Miami, I wondered how loyal Gilbert was when he fired Danny Ferry and Mike Brown after they won 60+ games the two prior seasons. Teams cut players every month of the season and nobody freaks out about it. If I'm a player and I have the cache to play where I want, I'm going to be loyal to myself first.

No doubt man at the end of the day it’s about business!