Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

320 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

The issue is knowing what part is and isn't. That part is pointless. Sometimes bad calls DO happen and it doesn't mean it was part of a conspiracy or a script or a rigging. People see what they want to see. :tiphat:

Determining who wins and losses a game isn't part of it when you can't control that without enough pieces in your pocket.

The very notion Matt Ryan was in on it proves this point. If Free picks up his man, Falcons never gift the Pats 40+ yards of field position and likely 2-3 minutes of GAME TIME on the fumble and short-field score.

They tied the game with under a minute. Case closed.

You are replying as if I said Matt Ryan was in on it. I said they werent scripted but some games were definitely rigger. With or without player knowledge it doesnt matter. Its by far the easiest sport for officials to influence the outcome of. Only rarely would it ever raise an eyebrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You are replying as if I said Matt Ryan was in on it. I said they werent scripted but some games were definitely rigger. With or without player knowledge it doesnt matter. Its by far the easiest sport for officials to influence the outcome of. Only rarely would it ever raise an eyebrow. 

I mentioned the notion of Ryan being involved because others have on the “it’s all a big conspiracy and ANYONE could be in on it” side of this...venture.

Its a rabbit hole.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

It's hilarious yet embarrassing that this thread is still going and that people truly believe the NFL is rigged. 

Bad calls happen but that does not make the game rigged. Their is going to be human error in every sport at every level.

Not picking on you, but this just popped in my mind. On the Anything But Football part of the forums there is a thread about Trump.

Using your words it's hilarious yet embarrasing that the thread on ABF is still going and that people truly believe the election was rigged.

Bad outcomes happen but that does not make the election rigged.

This is why I say I don't understand how since 2016 we can talk all day long belly aching about Russia this and that, and people say "I don't believe in conspiracy" yet those same people will scream in your face about Russia Russia Russia!

I'm not saying this is you in any way it's just an example I find funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The key thing to remember when these people try to bundle a current argument (on say the NFL is rigged), into various other categories such as the Moon landing or Flat Earth People, or whatever they think makes an impression on the general viewership, is to force them to discuss the current topic on it's own merit without compromise. When you do this the 'NPCs' cannot keep-up with the discussion and fail to deliver a counter argument. Force them to discuss the facts, without them being able to convert the conversation into a 3-ring circus, by design many times.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Not picking on you, but this just popped in my mind. On the Anything But Football part of the forums there is a thread about Trump.

Using your words it's hilarious yet embarrasing that the thread on ABF is still going and that people truly believe the election was rigged.

Bad outcomes happen but that does not make the election rigged.

This is why I say I don't understand how since 2016 we can talk all day long belly aching about Russia this and that, and people say "I don't believe in conspiracy" yet those same people will scream in your face about Russia Russia Russia!

I'm not saying this is you in any way it's just an example I find funny.

People have been programmed to bundle all things non-mainstream into a term called a 'conspiracy theory'. This usually happens when the facts are too overwhelming for someone and cannot continue discussing their premise on its own merit, see it almost every time. It happens at the point they either have to modify their viewpoint or cling to their old premise. When they throw the 'conspiracy theory' grenade out there in self-defense, the discussion either becomes a 3-ring circus or ends and no additional thought need be given to the subject matter.

The key to getting people to think for themselves is to force them to address the current topic and facts at hand, without wavering, or taking the bait to discuss the moon landing or the Kennedy assassination, etc... 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

Tout the limited information into a narrative until others accept it. Not manipulative at all and clearly objective.

”you don’t agree with me “ = “you just can’t think for yourself like me”

930BEAAC-2C63-4E67-B678-33D02AB69841.jpeg.c7dd4f067cf1bdffae9d600edb86dd1b.jpeg

manning.jpg.95116eea079971511f64b60122c0c1ca.jpg

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Schwarzwald said:

Lol

Tout the limited information into a narrative until others accept it. Not manipulative and objective at all.

”you don’t agree with me “ = “you just can’t think for yourself like me”

930BEAAC-2C63-4E67-B678-33D02AB69841.jpeg.c7dd4f067cf1bdffae9d600edb86dd1b.jpeg

manning.jpg.95116eea079971511f64b60122c0c1ca.jpg

Who are.you talking to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Who are.you talking to?

A mental disposition?

just making anecdotal observations to it; same as observing a scripted or rigged game and notating the facts. ;)

Meh, I just find it funny in lieu of actual facts to SB51 being anything other than a choke job and epic comeback all in one...everyone that still believes that isn’t a free thinker. :tiphat:

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

People have been programmed to bundle all things non-mainstream into a term called a 'conspiracy theory'. This usually happens when the facts are too overwhelming for someone and cannot continue discussing their premise on its own merit, see it almost every time. It happens at the point they either have to modify their viewpoint or cling to their old premise. When they throw the 'conspiracy theory' grenade out there in self-defense, the discussion either becomes a 3-ring circus or ends and no additional thought need be given to the subject matter.

The key to getting people to think for themselves is to force them to address the current topic and facts at hand, without wavering, or taking the bait to discuss the moon landing or the Kennedy assassination, etc... 

100% correct.

the problem is people hold beliefs when they should have ideas. Beliefs are graven, ad unwaveri ng. Beliefs cause people to kill or die protecting them. Ideas evolve with new information. Ideas progress, and usually improve our world. Beliefs stall and anchor progress, dialogue, and discussion. 

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
GeorgiaBoyz and Cheap Talk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

People have been programmed to bundle all things non-mainstream into a term called a 'conspiracy theory'. This usually happens when the facts are too overwhelming for someone and cannot continue discussing their premise on its own merit, see it almost every time. It happens at the point they either have to modify their viewpoint or cling to their old premise. When they throw the 'conspiracy theory' grenade out there in self-defense, the discussion either becomes a 3-ring circus or ends and no additional thought need be given to the subject matter.

The key to getting people to think for themselves is to force them to address the current topic and facts at hand, without wavering, or taking the bait to discuss the moon landing or the Kennedy assassination, etc... 

This is why I said I agree with you, but honestly these days I consider some of this stuff cheat codes for life, and that's another reason I don't say anything about this stuff anymore. I mean why get up in arms when I can purchase tickets if I don't feel like watching it sell it for profit?

I found out the Sports were rigged the year Golden State warriors went against Okc couple years ago. I'm not saying I didn't see other evidence, but I'll never forget the warriors were down 3-1 to KD and Westbrook led OKC. Friend showed me a Facebook post about the NBA finals and it had Golden state vs Cavaliers before the WCF was done, and they came back to win after I saw that.

Edited by Zone#7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Schwarzwald said:

A mental disposition and making anecdotal observations to it; same as observing a scripted or rigged game and notating the facts. ;)

Meh, I just find it funny in lieu of actual facts to SB51 being anything other than a choke job and epic comeback all in one...everyone that still believes that isn’t a free thinker. :tiphat:

Your lumping people together. I could believe it.was rigged,and have absolutely nothing in common with others who think it was. I think the NFL is corrupt and certain.games rigged. To what degree I have no.clue. If.any players are in on it then it is likely less tyan 3% of them. I have a hard time incorporating the player s into the deceit. I definitely dont have a narative crafted because idk enough to form one. I do however feel its possib le, and feel anyone that says its 100%not is either naive, or are too emotionally involved to be objective. There are other factors i havent considered im sure.

its impossib le to be objective with a graven belief. Unwavering belief is tge opposite of objectivity.

its really just a fun thought experiment for me. 

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zone#7 said:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/npc-wojak

and

https://kotaku.com/how-the-npc-meme-tries-to-dehumanize-sjws-1829552261

basic rundown most people in the world are like video game characters that have limited lines can't speak or think for themselves their lives are essentially "scripted".

I like my script. If I’m in the matrix, I don’t wanna leave. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Your lumping people together. I could believe it.was rigged,and have absolutely nothing in common with others who think it was. I think the NFL is corrupt and certain.games rigged. To what degree I have no.clue. If.any players are in on it then it is likely less tyan 3% of them. I have a hard time incorporating the player s into the deceit. I definitely dont have a narative crafted because idk enough to form one. I do however feel its possib le, and feel anyone that says its 100%not is either naive, or are too emotionally involved to be objective. There are other factors i havent considered im sure.

its impossib le to be objective with a graven belief. Unwavering belief is tge opposite of objectivity.

its really just a fun thought experiment for me. 

I never accused you specifically...or anyone in the “belief it’s rigged or scripted or corrupt to any degree at all” in one category; after all I’ve indicated and stated I believe corruption exists in some shape or form.

whole sale WWE? SB51 an inside job?

On the other hand, I’ve seen it implied that if you think the game is legit at all and aren’t onboard with measuring the rabbit hole and outlining its details inside well everyone not on board with that level of discussion most not be a free thinker.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe anything in this sport is rigged. I think people jump to conclusions when officiating is poor. What people forget is that the officials are human and humans make mistakes. Sometimes games are HORRIBLY officiated. I still believe it's by accident and not intentional whatsoever. 

That being said, I do believe that stars in sports get special treatment to an extent. Guys like Brady or James Harden usually get calls when they start whining. At the end of the day, the league wants these guys to play, not get ejected or injured.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don't believe anything in this sport is rigged. I think people jump to conclusions when officiating is poor. What people forget is that the officials are human and humans make mistakes. Sometimes games are HORRIBLY officiated. I still believe it's by accident and not intentional whatsoever. 

That being said, I do believe that stars in sports get special treatment to an extent. Guys like Brady or James Harden usually get calls when they start whining. At the end of the day, the league wants these guys to play, not get ejected or injured.

I definitely will have the discussion on Pats cheating and that stuff being covered over by the league to keep their image integrity higher. :tiphat::lol::argh:

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

I definitely will have the discussion on Pats cheating and that stuff being covered over by the league to keep their image integrity higher. :tiphat::lol::argh:

Lol right. But the Pats cheating still isn't "the NFL is rigged" argument. The Pats cheating is the Pats cheating

Cheap Talk and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don't believe anything in this sport is rigged. I think people jump to conclusions when officiating is poor. What people forget is that the officials are human and humans make mistakes. Sometimes games are HORRIBLY officiated. I still believe it's by accident and not intentional whatsoever. 

That being said, I do believe that stars in sports get special treatment to an extent. Guys like Brady or James Harden usually get calls when they start whining. At the end of the day, the league wants these guys to play, not get ejected or injured.

Can you imagine if Kazee or Deion Jones hit Brady the way they hit Newton!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Can you imagine if Kazee or Deion Jones hit Brady the way they hit Newton!?

That’s also blown out of proportion too though. To answer your question, yes, it would be ridiculous. However, Brady doesn’t put himself in position to get hit like that. He doesn’t fight for extra yards. Newton doesn’t really throw the ball away and is a threat as a runner. He’s also the size of a linebacker so hitting him hard is kind of necessary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schwarzwald said:

I never accused you specifically...or anyone in the “belief it’s rigged or scripted or corrupt to any degree at all” in one category; after all I’ve indicated and stated I believe corruption exists in some shape or form.

whole sale WWE? SB51 an inside job?

On the other hand, I’ve seen it implied that if you think the game is legit at all and aren’t onboard with measuring the rabbit hole and outlining its details inside well everyone not on board with that level of discussion most not be a free thinker.

Think you missed something. A free thinker is someone that thinks for themselves, and does not let others do it or them. Free Thinkers are open minded and willing to accept facts where they lay. When someone throws out the words 'Conspiracy Theory', due to not haven anything more important to say, they are not willing to discuss the facts at hand any longer.

I keep going back to why Ryan gave back soooo much time back to the Patriots from the play clock, in the 3rd/4th Quarters???

Instead of discussing the fact that this did happen, someone like who you are referring to might try to end the discussion right there by making the comment that, 'I bet you wear a tin foil ht and believe they did not go to the moon either?'.

Free Thinkers would not fall for that bottom feeder logic and continue the conversation trying to find the truth.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Think you missed something. A free thinker is someone that thinks for themselves, and does not let others do it or them. Free Thinkers are open minded and willing to accept facts where they lay. When someone throws out the words 'Conspiracy Theory', due to not haven anything more important to say, they are not willing to discuss the facts at hand any longer.

I keep going back to why Ryan gave back soooo much time back to the Patriots from the play clock, in the 3rd/4th Quarters???

Instead of discussing the fact that this did happen, someone like who you are referring to might try to end the discussion right there by making the comment that, 'I bet you wear a tin foil ht and believe they did not go to the moon either?'.

Free Thinkers would not fall for that bottom feeder logic and continue the conversation trying to find the truth.

Nope.

I understand Kyle Shanahan was staying aggressive and Falcons were staying up tempo.

What about that did you miss before? :huh:

OR maybe it was all Matt Ryan's fault on snapping 10 seconds early. Doesn't make him part of an inside job...

Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean it's not a valid response. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I like my script. If I’m in the matrix, I don’t wanna leave. 

I believe it is more likely than not that we do. It doesnt make life any less wonderful. It gives me physical proof that their is a creator, and a grand design. In 50 years we will be able to.create simulations. Many people will choose to live there for.awhile. Maybe we all chose to be in this one for awhile. I was a tinfoio hatter for saying this 10 years ago but now people like Dr. Tyson, Elon Musk etc.. Are.saying the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now