Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

316 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

What happens when.a mob avenges a murder though

Mob mentality is terrifying.  Normal people turn into criminals.

And why is a ref carrying a knife during a match?

tactician likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Mob mentality is terrifying.  Normal people turn into criminals.

And why is a ref carrying a knife during a match?

Wass about.to say it brings up tons of questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

There is being a fan.,.:then there is this.  There better not be a poll for most passionate fan base without including these crazy psychopaths

You guys just now catching wind of that story lol. What's sad is I can see people here doing the same thing of course this is if there weren't any authority we look up to (laws, jail, police). 

I'll give my fellow Americans benefit of the doubt of course, but you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

I'm only asking cause you can smell the hypocrisy in this thread. Same people that will argue me down sports aren't rigged. Say Russian conclusion wtf that is lol. 

I'm not trying to derail this into political discussion it's just something interesting I've seen as of late.

Another reason people don't want to believe if conspiracy is true or not. That creates an entire hosts of problems beyond what anyone can think of which is why I'd rather this thread be closed and never mentioned again. 

If you believe sports are rigged fine, but be like me, and keep it to yourself. My friend said it best sports are nothing, but "entertainment" so why take it seriously.

Because it is deception of the highest order, even though it may be legal. Riding the train to a game one lady told me she borrowed $25,000 from relatives to buy a PSL. People spend money on the NFL that they do not have, which they would never do if they really knew.

When I watch the game that I love and used to cover as a reporter, I do not try to analyse which is the better team anymore, I try to determine which team I think they want to win. That is sad and it is wrong. My hope is that there will be a critical mass of fans that will demand change or leave the game entirely.

Europeans are much more in the know than Americans when it comes to this kind of thing. The Manchester teams always seem to have their way in your form of football, and most over there know and expect that. It is sad to know that most like yourself prefer to remain quiet, so as not to be noticed. 

Edited by Cheap Talk
VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vandy said:

Low E.Q.

 

On 6/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, Vandy said:

Sorry, I left off the crayons you could use to color your pages with.

Meanwhile,  one could use the juvenile conspiracy theory crapola you were spewing earlier today that you call “big boy reading material” to wipe with...

You can bet on one thing, I have never lowered myself to this level in the written form. 

No matter the topic of discussion this shows lack of class. Forget EQ, IQ (?), or any other quotient, none matter when you display no class.

 

Danger, Danger, Will Robinson......................recommending thread termination at once!!! Strong threat exist for lower human emotions!!!

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Because it is deception of the highest order, even though it may be legal. Riding the train to a game one lady told me she borrowed $25,000 from relatives to buy a PSL. People spend money on the NFL that they do not have, which they would never do if they really knew.

When I watch the game that I love and used to cover as a reporter, I do not try to analyse which is the better team anymore, I try to determine which team I think they want to win. That is sad and it is wrong. My hope is that there will be a critical mass of fans that will demand change or leave the game entirely.

Europeans are much more in the know than Americans when it comes to this kind of thing. The Manchester teams always seem to have their way in your form of football, and most over there know and expect that. It is sad to know that most like yourself prefer to remain quiet, so as not to be noticed. 

The reason I remain quiet isn't that I don't want to be noticed. I've been down that road before, and the actual reason is nothing will change it just won't. Man there is a **** ton of conspiracies beyond sports I'm in on, but as far as waking the masses they don't give a ****. Let me repeat THEY DON'T GIVE A ****! I'm so serious when I make that statement get yours is my advice to most these days. If people are actually willing to listen I'll talk to them about certain things.

I'm telling you right now the NPC meme isn't just a joke that ish is real trying to wake people up to any conspiracy (those within reason) that hasn't been manufactured by the media is literally like trying to walk on water.

So that's why I keep my mouth shut on these kind of topics do I believe sports rigged yup, but if you knew me in real life. I'd only say that 1 on 1 never in group setting.

Edited by Zone#7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

How would it be possible to rig or script a game? 

Conspiracy proponents, please explain.

1. Who is in on it, which players, coaches, owners, etc?

2. Why are they doing this?

3. How are they able to do this?

 

Edited by tactician
Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

The reason I remain quiet isn't that I don't want to be noticed. I've been down that road before, and the actual reason is nothing will change it just won't. Man there is a **** ton of conspiracies beyond sports I'm in on, but as far as waking the masses they don't give a ****. Let me repeat THEY DON'T GIVE A ****! I'm so serious when I make that statement get yours is my advice to most these days. If people are actually willing to listen I'll talk to them about certain things.

I'm telling you right now the NPC meme isn't just a joke that ish is real trying to wake people up to any conspiracy (those within reason) that hasn't been manufactured by the media is literally like trying to walk on water.

So that's why I keep my mouth shut on these kind of topics do I believe sports rigged yup, but if you knew me in real life. I'd only say that 1 on 1 never in group setting.

Soccer is way more easier to rig than American football. In soccer all you have to do is not score a goal, or give up a goal. Even then I highly doubt it happens in the Premier league. American football has a lot of players, and a lot of ways to score, and a whole lot of people would have to be in on it. How exactly are you going to get Matt Ryan or Tom Brady to throw a game? Pay them? They are already filthy rich. They are also high character, competitive people who do not lose on purpose. The conspiracy theorists never explain the specific mechanics of their conspiracy, they just speak in broad generalities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Steelers Seahawks Super Bowl looked very poorly officiated in favor of Pittsburgh. That game just smelled fishy.

A lot of people mention the Katrina bowl, but I thought the game when Brees broke the TD record looked far worse. The league was darn determined to get him that record that night. EVERY time our offense got momentum we were flagged. And when they picked up the flag for holding in the end zone, which would have given us points AND the ball, it was laughable.

Falcons Fan MVP and VTCrunkler like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose Canseco

If it were easily proven, someone would have the ego to go down the route.

And, to be as big and complex; as some seem to believe, it would certainly need to be on a level where evidence could be obtained if one wanted.

Otherwise?

Small scale influencing could happen in some way and individual or isolated acts may happen, but that’s like all other human error rather than a completely corrupt league or game.

Kyle’s ego prevented him from calling plays to win our first SB. Just the same as maybe a ref is paid off if he can change game in a critical moment...but anything more than that?

Why worry about some small variable you can’t control when you had the game completely in your control? Believing SB51 as a hoax or conspiracy is believing in an inside job instead of just bad decisions.

I mean we have some posters thinking Matt Ryan was in on it due to “he maybe missed Julio once” or “look how many times we didn’t run playclock down; it was to let NE win!” That’s just ridiculous. There couldn’t possibly be human error involved. It’s CONSPIRACY I tell you. :lol: 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 6:38 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

What NFL games have you seen over the years that you think looked rigged or scripted besides Super bowl 51 (which is being discussed on the "do the Patriots get special treatment from the referees" thread)? It can be a Falcons game or any other game anytime in NFL history. Even if you don't think there is any games that are scripted, rigged or  bias officiating maybe you saw a game that sure looked that way. For me one game I thought looked very suspicious was the 2012 divisional round playoff game between the Broncos and Ravens. The "wide open" touchdown to tie. The bone headed interception by Peyton Manning with just under a minute in overtime looked suspicious to me. The Oilers vs Bills 35-3 let down wild card game was suspicious to me also. The Seahawks vs Steelers super bowl is definitely looked at as a game the refs were biased against the Seahawks.

nope not even our collapse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seattle and Pats Superbowl. The way it ended and the way Carrols interview in the lockerroom it seemed like it was rigged and Carrol had to come up with a fast excuse for how threw the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Precyse said:

Seattle and Pats Superbowl. The way it ended and the way Carrols interview in the lockerroom it seemed like it was rigged and Carrol had to come up with a fast excuse for how threw the game

Do you know how impossible that INT would be to produce in the field.  If it was scripted, they would have simply made it a fumble.  

Guys, it’s not scripted, not rigged and not WWE style entertainment

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

The reason I remain quiet isn't that I don't want to be noticed. I've been down that road before, and the actual reason is nothing will change it just won't. Man there is a **** ton of conspiracies beyond sports I'm in on, but as far as waking the masses they don't give a ****. Let me repeat THEY DON'T GIVE A ****! I'm so serious when I make that statement get yours is my advice to most these days. If people are actually willing to listen I'll talk to them about certain things.

I'm telling you right now the NPC meme isn't just a joke that ish is real trying to wake people up to any conspiracy (those within reason) that hasn't been manufactured by the media is literally like trying to walk on water.

So that's why I keep my mouth shut on these kind of topics do I believe sports rigged yup, but if you knew me in real life. I'd only say that 1 on 1 never in group setting.

I hear you, sometimes it is a matter of survival to be quiet, and it sounds like you know what I'm talking about just between you and me.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Do you know how impossible that INT would be to produce in the field.  If it was scripted, they would have simply made it a fumble.  

Guys, it’s not scripted, not rigged and not WWE style entertainment

I know its not scripted that was just my moment of thinking it was. Malcolm Butler went on to be a top 10 Corner the next season. And the interception was the starting point of greatness. 

Ergo Proxy and FalconsIn2020 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tactician said:

Soccer is way more easier to rig than American football. In soccer all you have to do is not score a goal, or give up a goal. Even then I highly doubt it happens in the Premier league. American football has a lot of players, and a lot of ways to score, and a whole lot of people would have to be in on it. How exactly are you going to get Matt Ryan or Tom Brady to throw a game? Pay them? They are already filthy rich. They are also high character, competitive people who do not lose on purpose. The conspiracy theorists never explain the specific mechanics of their conspiracy, they just speak in broad generalities.

American footnball is.easy to be decided by referees. Its a game of. Inches with a ton of.subjective penalties.  It also doesnt help that therefs arent full time employees of the NFL. Not sure what they are paid but you can bet its a pittance in comparison to the players.

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Jose Canseco

If it were easily proven, someone would have the ego to go down the route.

And, to be as big and complex; as some seem to believe, it would certainly need to be on a level where evidence could be obtained if one wanted.

Otherwise?

Small scale influencing could happen in some way and individual or isolated acts may happen, but that’s like all other human error rather than a completely corrupt league or game.

Kyle’s ego prevented him from calling plays to win our first SB. Just the same as maybe a ref is paid off if he can change game in a critical moment...but anything more than that?

Why worry about some small variable you can’t control when you had the game completely in your control? Believing SB51 as a hoax or conspiracy is believing in an inside job instead of just bad decisions.

I mean we have some posters thinking Matt Ryan was in on it due to “he maybe missed Julio once” or “look how many times we didn’t run playclock down; it was to let NE win!” That’s just ridiculous. There couldn’t possibly be human error involved. It’s CONSPIRACY I tell you. :lol: 

lets say the owners and a small.% Of.players and refs collude for whatever reasons. Any player that came out to.expose it, the media would 100% poimt and laugh, call them crazy, paranoid tin-foil hat and all the other template responses. Idt anyone considers the influence 32 billio naires have. Im not going to look but theres zero chance none of them have no significant stake/ownership in any of the medi a outlets.

Imagine whatt CNNwould have done if a player came out against MLB in the same way back in the day. With that said  no player has come out and tried to do so. If the.games were "scripted" every player would be aware of it even if they didnt participate. One person would have gone that route, been ridiculed by media, never able to play ball again anywhere. After that noone else would dare go that route. As far as im aware thats never happened, thus al.ost a.zero% chance they are.scripted. Im sure corruptio n to some.degree happens routinely, just like it does in.anything else.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

lets say the owners and a small.% Of.players and refs collude for whatever reasons. Any player that came out to.expose it, the media would 100% poimt and laugh, call them crazy, paranoid tin-foil hat and all the other template responses. Idt anyone considers the influence 32 billio naires have. Im not going to look but theres zero chance none of them have no significant stake/ownership in any of the medi a outlets.

Imagine whatt CNNwould have done if a player came out against MLB in the same way back in the day. With that said  no player has come out and tried to do so. If the.games were "scripted" every player would be aware of it even if they didnt participate. One person would have gone that route, been ridiculed by media, never able to play ball again anywhere. After that noone else would dare go that route. As far as im aware thats never happened, thus al.ost a.zero% chance they are.scripted. Im sure corruptio n to some.degree happens routinely, just like it does in.anything else.

Think you are right, the games are not scripted, but believe there are computer programs worked-out for Super Bowl games as to what the score should be at certain junctures of the game. That is why Ryan was trying to give time back to the Patriots in such a generous wholesale fashion. The program told them how much more time they needed to get beck on track for a last second comeback to force OT. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Think you are right, the games are not scripted, but believe there are computer programs worked-out for Super Bowl games as to what the score should be at certain junctures of the game. That is why Ryan was trying to give time back to the Patriots in such a generous wholesale fashion. The program told them how much more time they needed to get beck on track for a last second comeback to force OT. 

I would be suprised by that, but certainly not acting as if its ludicrous or impossible. People react angrily sometime s when tbeir beliefs are questioned. The laughing gets my goat though man. None of us have a clue about tye true nature of the world. Plenty of us have preconceived notions, education biasis, and apathetic attitudes  but none of us KNOW ****. People really show their intelligence during discussions like these.

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 10:32 AM, Falconsin2012 said:

Do you know how impossible that INT would be to produce in the field.  If it was scripted, they would have simply made it a fumble.  

Guys, it’s not scripted, not rigged and not WWE style entertainment

Its definitely not scripted but its occasionally totally rigged. This **** just isnt as pure and clean as we all thought it was growing up.

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 3:07 AM, Zone#7 said:

The reason I remain quiet isn't that I don't want to be noticed. I've been down that road before, and the actual reason is nothing will change it just won't. Man there is a **** ton of conspiracies beyond sports I'm in on, but as far as waking the masses they don't give a ****. Let me repeat THEY DON'T GIVE A ****! I'm so serious when I make that statement get yours is my advice to most these days. If people are actually willing to listen I'll talk to them about certain things.

I'm telling you right now the NPC meme isn't just a joke that ish is real trying to wake people up to any conspiracy (those within reason) that hasn't been manufactured by the media is literally like trying to walk on water.

So that's why I keep my mouth shut on these kind of topics do I believe sports rigged yup, but if you knew me in real life. I'd only say that 1 on 1 never in group setting.

What is the NPC meme you mentioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I would be suprised by that, but certainly not acting as if its ludicrous or impossible. People react angrily sometime s when tbeir beliefs are questioned. The laughing gets my goat though man. None of us have a clue about tye true nature of the world. Plenty of us have preconceived notions, education biasis, and apathetic attitudes  but none of us KNOW ****. People really show their intelligence during discussions like these.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Its definitely not scripted but its occasionally totally rigged. This **** just isnt as pure and clean as we all thought it was growing up.

The issue is knowing what part is and isn't. That part is pointless. Sometimes bad calls DO happen and it doesn't mean it was part of a conspiracy or a script or a rigging. People see what they want to see. :tiphat:

Determining who wins and losses a game isn't part of it when you can't control that without enough pieces in your pocket.

The very notion Matt Ryan was in on it proves this point. If Free picks up his man, Falcons never gift the Pats 40+ yards of field position and likely 2-3 minutes of GAME TIME on the fumble and short-field score.

They tied the game with under a minute. Case closed.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hilarious yet embarrassing that this thread is still going and that people truly believe the NFL is rigged. 

Bad calls happen but that does not make the game rigged. Their is going to be human error in every sport at every level.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now