Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

320 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2019 at 9:13 PM, high impact said:

What do ya say about the tuck rule game? Sure looked like a bad call to me. Kind of gave new life to the Pats. Took the air out of the Raiders. Who came up with that bogus tuck rule anyway? I had never heard anything like that till that game. I call BS on that trash. 

Nothing funny going on here.

They actually called the tuck rule in a Rams earlier in that season. It was also called in a Saints/Panthers game a few years before the Tuck Rule game.

Check out the 14 minute mark of this video.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

YES.  this was exactly what they were doing...it was a desperate measure to make the game more competitive.  i mean the Super Dome has seen better days to say the least but man youre telling me that the lights went out magically and then magically came back on.  youd think there would be backup generators that could power an entire state in any nfl facility hostin gthe SB

This, in the 303 regular season and playoff NFL games hosted at the Superdome since it opened in 1975 (not even including preseason games, college bowl games, high school state championships, Final Four games, boxing and soccer matches, concerts, wrestling events, ect) until Super Bowl XLVII, the lights never even so much as flickered unintentionally during an event and hasn't again in the 52 games since. The Superdome caught fire one time in 1991, but the lights never went out before then. ****, the Superdome remained with power until about 3 hours before Katrina made landfall and even then, the backup generators still powered the lights, just not much else. Yet it's going to go out for that game? Suuuuure. :lol:

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm surprised the referees didn't favor the Saints vs the Rams because a Brady vs Brees super bowl would have done the best ratings.

As far as super bowl blowouts is concerned we know most of America would enjoy seeing the Patriots get their @$$es handed to them for 60 minutes on the big stage.

It certainly would've had better ratinsg had it been us and the Patriots, or if the Rams actually beat us straight up without needing the NFL's meddling.

And agreed, I think we would've put up much more of a fight than the Lambs did.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ratings is a drop in the bucket compared to building a fan base in tye second largest city.

This, the NFL was trying to justify moving two teams back to the 2nd largest media market after that very experiment failed miserably and was scrapped at the end of 1994 with the Rams moving to St. Louis and the Raiders moving to Oakland. They tried playing the long game and even that failed when their golden goose completely **** the bed by only scoring 3 points on the game's largest stage.

Edited by Iron Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 7:13 PM, high impact said:

What do ya say about the tuck rule game? Sure looked like a bad call to me. Kind of gave new life to the Pats. Took the air out of the Raiders. Who came up with that bogus tuck rule anyway? I had never heard anything like that till that game. I call BS on that trash. 

Nothing funny going on here.

Good point. The Raiders got screwed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember the game but I remember the play. Brett Favre rolls out to Michael Strahan's side and slides so Strahan can get the single season sack record. :munch:

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

This, in the 303 regular season and playoff NFL games hosted at the Superdome since it opened in 1975 (not even including preseason games, college bowl games, high school state championships, Final Four games, boxing and soccer matches, concerts, wrestling events, ect) until Super Bowl XLVII, the lights never even so much as flickered unintentionally during an event and hasn't again in the 52 games since. The Superdome caught fire one time in 1991, but the lights never went out before then. ****, the Superdome remained with power until about 3 hours before Katrina made landfall and even then, the backup generators still powered the lights, just not much else. Yet it's going to go out for that game? Suuuuure. :lol:

It certainly would've had better ratinsg had it been us and the Patriots, or if the Rams actually beat us straight up without needing the NFL's meddling.

And agreed, I think we would've put up much more of a fight than the Lambs did.

This, the NFL was trying to justify moving two teams back to the 2nd largest media market after that very experiment failed miserably and was scrapped at the end of 1994 with the Rams moving to St. Louis and the Raiders moving to Oakland. They tried playing the long game and even that failed when their golden goose completely **** the bed by only scoring 3 points on the game's largest stage.

Maybe since we got a new stadium we will be the golden goose soon. :)

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ratings is a drop in the bucket compared to building a fan base in tye second largest city.

Hopefully since we got a new stadium we will get ours. I get the impression Roger Goodell likes Arthur Blank so...

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rigged? Really...

A business this large has no benefit in rigging the results. No matter who wins the SB every year the NFL will have stupid amounts of money pouring in. 

However if it was rigged and it did get proven the business would be ruined.

We lost the SB. We blew it. Get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 11:55 PM, VTCrunkler said:

What about the super bowl of the 49 ers v Ravens?  The blackout in the SuperDomme?

Because even god needs a toilet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but do you find it a little odd that when Shanahan left for the 49ers that he got Garappolo from the Patriots?

<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 0:24 PM, Oldmanfan said:

The game where Drew Breese needed one more completed pass to get the all time record......and it showed his wife being escorted to the side lines in preparation for a family celebration, prior to getting a completion.

To be fair....unless It's  :01 left in the 4th Q and the opposing team has the ball, you can usually count  on Brees getting a completion. That was just a safe bet.

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Maybe since we got a new stadium we will be the golden goose soon. :)

What if the new stadium was a gift for losing LI. Not saying it was by any means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6/19/2019 at 10:05 AM, octoslash said:

Jesus Christ I can't believe some of the nonsense on this thread.  Rigged games?  

The NFL is the biggest and most profitable sports league on this planet.  

Do you know what the repercussions would be if it ever were found to be "rigged"?

No, most of you probably don't, else you wouldn't be saying it's "rigged"  LMFBO.

Its legal to rig " entertainment events"...  Why do you think Vince McMahon keeps trying to get in on the action...

The web of laws applicable to sports, such as the Sports Bribery Act of 1964, only prohibits gambling-related corruption. There is no federal law explicitly preventing the clandestine manipulation of sporting events to enhance suspense. This gap is problematic. As with certain televised quiz shows decades ago, the in-game action of sporting events can be contrived in profit-maximizing ways. The federal law passed in the wake of the Quiz Show Scandal does not explicitly include televised sports; it only forbids deception of the public in connection with contests of an "intellectual" nature. Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, and Who Wants to Be A Millionaire are covered by the law. Football, basketball, and baseball are not.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/02/when-its-legal-to-rig-a-sports-game-and-why-it-shouldnt-be/273152/

Edited by slickgadawg
VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Its legal to rig " entertainment events"...

Is the general public allowed to bet in the WWE?  Is there a sports book in Vegas that takes bets on it? 

The owners would be lining their pockets in Vegas if the games were predetermined.  It would be akin to owning Biff’s Sports Almanac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Is the general public allowed to bet in the WWE?  Is there a sports book in Vegas that takes bets on it? 

The owners would be lining their pockets in Vegas if the games were predetermined.  It would be akin to owning Biff’s Sports Almanac

nobody said the games are rigged.  The point is there is no law AGAINST rigging ENTERTAINMENT events.  The law applies strictily to gambling and events of a "intellectual" nature.  I posted a link talking about it...

before I leave,  a present for you...:lol:

Image result for atlanta vs san francisco 2012 non call pass interference

Edited by slickgadawg
VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slickgadawg said:

nobody said the games are rigged.  The point is there is no law AGAINST rigging entertainment events.  The law applies strictily to gambling and events of a "intellectual" nature.  I posted a link talking about it...

before I leave,  a present for you...:lol:

Image result for atlanta vs san francisco 2012 non call pass interference

It’s football.  A physical game.  That’s the end of NFCCG.  They will let them play and the ref clearly can’t see anything but the end.

Why Koetter ran a play that required Ryan to throw at the referees head is still a mystery

Iron Saint and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s football.  A physical game.  That’s the end of NFCCG.  They will let them play and the ref clearly can’t see anything but the end.

Why Koetter ran a play that required Ryan to throw at the referees head is still a mystery

I bet the back judge saw the WHOLE play.  Look, I don't even care...:lol:

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slickgadawg said:

I bet the back judge saw the WHOLE play.  Look, I don't even care...:lol:

I actually do care.  If true, I’d never watch another play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I actually do care.  If true, I’d never watch another play

The NFL is the only game in town.  You might become JADED but you will still watch...

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

The NFL is the only game in town.  You might become JADED but you will still watch...

I’d be too resentful over wasted emotions. Honestly.  I am stubborn af.  I’d never watch the Falcons again.  College football would be enough.  And now the Hawks & Braves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d be too resentful over wasted emotions. Honestly.  I am stubborn af.  I’d never watch the Falcons again.  College football would be enough.  And now the Hawks & Braves

People think you have to rig games.  You don't have to do that.  Its about control.  In college football, they VOTE on the playoffs for instance.  THATS CONTROL.  In baseball,  the 90s braves pitchers lived off the plate ( maddox, glavine). The rule said the pitch had to be over the plate.  The braves pitched 2, 3 inches OFF the plate.  Its the subtle stuff that has major ramifications...  What is pass interference?   WHEN do you call holding when there is holding almost every play?  When do you call a touch foul in basketball?  When do you LET THEM PLAY?  See. There is no rigging there.  Its about control...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Guess it's every sport

 

The FAT Jordan needed every bit of help he could get...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I bet the back judge saw the WHOLE play.  Look, I don't even care...:lol:

Gonzalez was wide-open on that play for an easy 1st down, could have tossed it to him, right in front of Ryan. I was sitting right on top of that play, remember it well.

Everything about that play was so inexplicable (as in fixed). The NFL wanted brother against brother in the SB. 

Edited by Cheap Talk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, Jesus said:

If the NFL was rigged we would know about it. No one would be able to keep that secret.

The games may not be rigged with all participants involved but the referees can certainly be coerced.  And, you will notice that we never hear press conferences from referees or even get written statements to the press from them.  They are a tight union with very little turnover and are certainly susceptible to owners or league officials who want certain outcomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Gonzalez was wide-open on that play for an easy 1st down, could have tossed it to him, right in front of Ryan. I was sitting right on top of that play, remember it well.

Everything about that play was so explainable (fixed). The NFL wanted brother against brother in the SB. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/craziest-internet-conspiracy-theories-2017-11

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now