Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

320 posts in this topic

A lot of games in the Superdome in the past decade. Particularly the first game back there after Katrina. Atlanta zero chance in that game even before the coin was flipped.

Another game that comes to mind is the game in Atlanta when the Falcons beat the then 14-0 Panthers in 2015. They did their best to give Carolina the ball back in a run out the clock situation late in that one with clock stopping phantom penalties on our offense. Looked extremely fishy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I used to work with a guy who swore that sports were influenced by Vegas. I never believed him until I watched Bama trot out back ups twice to beat UGA. I don't think they are flat out rigged, but I don't believe Vegas would allow such a big part of their business truly left up to chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, caponine said:

How is it rigged when you choke the game away ??, i understand they made some crazy calls but the refs didnt blow a 25 point lead in the 4th qtr. yall cant really believe that was rigged putting personal feelings aside , there is no one to blame but us 

A Super Bowl record 6 first downs by penalty certainly helped New England...and then of course they hardly got flagged at all themselves. Not one holding call in some fairly obvious situations as I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

A lot of games in the Superdome in the past decade. Particularly the first game back there after Katrina. Atlanta zero chance in that game even before the coin was flipped.

Another game that comes to mind is the game in Atlanta when the Falcons beat the then 14-0 Panthers in 2015. They did their best to give Carolina the ball back in a run out the clock situation late in that one with clock stopping phantom penalties on our offense. Looked extremely fishy.

 It didn’t matter who the opponent was the saints were gunna win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think games are scripted, but I do believe refs can A: get emotional and can be influenced by the crowd; B: be star struck by star players (i.e. flag players if they breathe near Tom Brady or Drew Brees) C: umps have favorite/hated teams too (i.e.  Jerome Boger and him stating that he didn't like the Falcons- the man shouldn't ref another Falcons game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons become 1st team to win a playoff game in Lambeau Field and did so with NFL’s then favorite son, Vick.  

NFL wanted Vick to win a title so bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Ok I used to work with a guy who swore that sports were influenced by Vegas. I never believed him until I watched Bama trot out back ups twice to beat UGA. I don't think they are flat out rigged, but I don't believe Vegas would allow such a big part of their business truly left up to chance.

Vegas doesn't care who wins - just the getting the same amount of money on each side.  

 

Edited by JeffAtl
falconidae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ I can't believe some of the nonsense on this thread.  Rigged games?  

The NFL is the biggest and most profitable sports league on this planet.  

Do you know what the repercussions would be if it ever were found to be "rigged"?

No, most of you probably don't, else you wouldn't be saying it's "rigged"  LMFBO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

I don't think games are scripted, but I do believe refs can A: get emotional and can be influenced by the crowd; B: be star struck by star players (i.e. flag players if they breathe near Tom Brady or Drew Brees) C: umps have favorite/hated teams too (i.e.  Jerome Boger and him stating that he didn't like the Falcons- the man shouldn't ref another Falcons game).

You hit the nail on the head.  Basketball is probably the easiest example of this as officials protect superstars in the playoffs (A charge vs block in the playoffs is solely determined by the relative super-stardom of the two players).

The similar thing happens in baseball when a pitcher gets an enlarged strikezone if he establishes that he has good control.

It's not "rigged" - it's just that officials become emotional.

Edited by JeffAtl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

I don't think games are scripted, but I do believe refs can A: get emotional and can be influenced by the crowd; B: be star struck by star players (i.e. flag players if they breathe near Tom Brady or Drew Brees) C: umps have favorite/hated teams too (i.e.  Jerome Boger and him stating that he didn't like the Falcons- the man shouldn't ref another Falcons game).

Now...this I'll go along with. Almost.  Example C is a bit shaky.  I can't see an official actually decide calls based on 'liking' or 'hating' a team, knowing that there are a hundred million eyeballs on his every move, every game.  But I do buy A and B. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Falcons become 1st team to win a playoff game in Lambeau Field and did so with NFL’s then favorite son, Vick.  

NFL wanted Vick to win a title so bad

Wonder if you could make a Poll to go along with this thread, how many believe the NFL is 'flat-out rigged', 'compromised by ratings', 'gaming influenced', 'not rigged at all', 'referees can be biased' etc.

If not, I will see if I can come-up with one, but since you have this thread thought it would be better for you to post in tandem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

A Super Bowl record 6 first downs by penalty certainly helped New England...and then of course they hardly got flagged at all themselves. Not one holding call in some fairly obvious situations as I remember.

ohh but did u forget the play where two falcons player literally fight over the ball and allows edelman to catch it when it should have been 4th down ? 

or when jake matthews decide to hold or sanu decided to grab the facemask ??

or when the defense literally couldnt stop anyone anymore ??

or when the offense went brain neutral in 3rd and 4th qtr ??

ohh but we cant forget the most important. Simply run it three times and kick the field goal and you win the game. 

Stop trying to look for an excuse when there isnt any. The team folded, they lost this game. Not the refs or the league. Im surprised yall are still blaming refs for the SB loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Wonder if you could make a Poll to go along with this thread, how many believe the NFL is 'flat-out rigged', 'compromised by ratings', 'gaming influenced', 'not rigged at all', 'referees can be biased' etc.

If not, I will see if I can come-up with one, but since you have this thread thought it would be better for you to post in tandem.

It’s not my thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s not my thread

Dang you are right! Let me ask Falcon Fans MVP.

Thanks for getting back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

What NFL games have you seen over the years that you think looked rigged or scripted besides Super bowl 51 (which is being discussed on the "do the Patriots get special treatment from the referees" thread)? It can be a Falcons game or any other game anytime in NFL history. Even if you don't think there is any games that are scripted, rigged or  bias officiating maybe you saw a game that sure looked that way. For me one game I thought looked very suspicious was the 2012 divisional round playoff game between the Broncos and Ravens. The "wide open" touchdown to tie. The bone headed interception by Peyton Manning with just under a minute in overtime looked suspicious to me. The Oilers vs Bills 35-3 let down wild card game was suspicious to me also. The Seahawks vs Steelers super bowl is definitely looked at as a game the refs were biased against the Seahawks.

Wonder if you could make a Poll to go along with this thread, how many believe the NFL is 'flat-out rigged', 'compromised by ratings', 'gaming influenced', 'not rigged at all', 'referees can be biased' etc.

If not, I will see if I can come-up with one, but since you have this thread thought it would be better for you to post in tandem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game where Drew Breese needed one more completed pass to get the all time record......and it showed his wife being escorted to the side lines in preparation for a family celebration, prior to getting a completion.

Emmitt and VTCrunkler like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

You hit the nail on the head.  Basketball is probably the easiest example of this as officials protect superstars in the playoffs (A charge vs block in the playoffs is solely determined by the relative super-stardom of the two players).

The similar thing happens in baseball when a pitcher gets an enlarged strikezone if he establishes that he has good control.

It's not "rigged" - it's just that officials become emotional.

Image result for star trek shake head gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Ok I used to work with a guy who swore that sports were influenced by Vegas. I never believed him until I watched Bama trot out back ups twice to beat UGA. I don't think they are flat out rigged, but I don't believe Vegas would allow such a big part of their business truly left up to chance.

Vegas makes money on action, not wins and losses. There are no "Vegas" boogeymen out there fixing games. Especially in pro sports, where the teams are designed to be relatively equal.

For rube sports fans "IT'S RIGGED" is just another way of making excuses when a game does not go the way they wanted. It's low-bar, sports radio, Ledbetter ********.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

We did stupid shet to lose that gm...it’s wasn’t rigged. 

"We" didn't do anything, Kyle didn't run the ball when it was obviously necessary to do so. :tiphat:

Atl Falcon and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Falcons become 1st team to win a playoff game in Lambeau Field and did so with NFL’s then favorite son, Vick.  

NFL wanted Vick to win a title so bad

Then why did we keep jobbing to McNabb in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

What about the super bowl of the 49 ers v Ravens?  The blackout in the SuperDomme?

Nah...that wasn't rigged. Their **** is just raggedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nomak said:

"We" didn't do anything, Kyle didn't run the ball when it was obviously necessary to do so. :tiphat:

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but do you find it a little odd that when Shanahan left for the 49ers that he got Garappolo from the Patriots?

VTCrunkler and nomak like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now