Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

320 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

You are at a very high-level in your generalizations, maybe you should come down a little and explain why Ryan gave over 2-minutes back to the Pats, in a span from late 3rd to end of regulation? Why did they not review the final TD in the biggest game of all time? How could they not see holds on every Falcon rushing Brady in the end zone? Sanu's facemask? And yes, why did Freeman whiff so bad? Why did the Refs give the ball back to the Pats three times in a row, in the late 2nd, after the Falcons had stopped them clean?

Maybe your approach coming in to address these anomalies is wrong? Maybe you should start over with a blank canvass and put your critical thinking hat on. Work out some odds of some of these things happening in the biggest game of the century, in plain view of the Refs, just like the Saints/Rams debacle.

Maybe your thesis is good enough for you, but hardly works for me and I might add for the majority of people coming here, it would appear. Got to hand it to Falcon Fans as a whole, really impressed with their level of understanding. I think most of them really grew-up after this game.

So really what your saying is that the refs made the falcons choke?? You still haven't explained to me why the mistakes I listed above are wrong ?? The majority of people dont believe there is a conspiracy going on in the league smh , I still remember those cocky a.ss and arrogant fans that day. They were saying game is over with a qtr left smh , 

Edited by caponine
Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caponine said:

So really what your saying is that the refs made the falcons choke?? You still haven't explained to me why the mistakes I listed above are wrong ?? The majority of people dont believe there is a conspiracy going on in the league smh , I still remember those cocky a.ss and arrogant fans that day. They were saying game is over with a qtr left smh , 

Did you just say the same thing all over again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Did you just say the same thing all over again?

lol did you not read my post  ??? Of course you didnt smh . The post couldnt be anymore accurate. All youre saying is the refs made the falcons lose which is stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, caponine said:

lol did you not read my post  ??? Of course you didnt smh . The post couldnt be anymore accurate. All youre saying is the refs made the falcons lose which is stupid. 

Ok, this conversation is over, nothing here to discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin Cowherd on his show today:

"The NFL is the number one show on any network.  Not Game of Thrones, not Breaking Bad, not American Idol in its heyday."

" Tom Brady is the greatest actor in the Greatest TV show"...

:lol:

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

a few years ago when drew brees broke some td record or passing record against the redskins in a primetime game-can't remember the year.  but the saints were blowing them out and all of the talk was centered on this record for brees.  and after a redskins punt and change of possession--the broadcast went to commercial like normal.  BUT-coming back in from the break--someone's mic (maybe the director/producer) mic was open and i heard vividly, "this is the td right here."  the next shot is to the game and brees drops back and hits a wide open wr for a long td pass down the sideline.  oh and to make it even better--stadium officials had just brought brees' family down to the sideline.  just in time for brees to come over and celebrate with them and do a quick interview.  could've been coincidence i guess.  but i've worked in tv all my life--that one looked and sounded kind of fishy to me.

Edited by jgsbirds1
factual
Spts1 and Hurry_Up_And_Buy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, jgsbirds1 said:

a few years ago when drew brees broke some td record or passing record against the redskins in a primetime game-can't remember the year.  but the saints were blowing them out and all of the talk was centered on this record for brees.  and after a redskins punt and change of possession--the broadcast went to commercial like normal.  BUT-coming back in from the break--someone's mic (maybe the director/producer) mic was open and i heard vividly, "this is the td right here."  the next shot is to the game and brees drops back and hits a wide open wr for a long td pass down the sideline.  oh and to make it even better--stadium officials had just brought brees' family down to the sideline.  just in time for brees to come over and celebrate with them and do a quick interview.  could've been coincidence i guess.  but i've worked in tv all my life--that one looked and sounded kind of fishy to me.

Its entertainment.  The part about bringing his family to the sidelines.   That reminded me of Tiger Woods winning the masters back in April.  His family, including his mother, were on hand to congratulate him at the 18th.  The other golfers had formed a line to congratulate him on the way into the clubhouse. It was soo soapy and contrived.  Nike even had a " career" tribute commercial on deck immediately after the win. Ratings ( which were spectacular) were thru the roof.  Thats what these storylines in sports are about. Ratings.  Live sports is what is keeping cable tv going. Without live tv, the cable industry would cave and it would be strictly streaming. ( which is why the NFL and network s are slowly shifting to a streaming platform).

Edited by slickgadawg
jgsbirds1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole thing is about storylines.  I knew that when dallas won yesterday that the talk shows were gonna wear it out.  It makes me hate the product.  Its like they cover only the cowboys, patriots and steelers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a physics major.... but over the last three seasons or so them field goal kicks look like the ball is controlled by something. How in the heck does a ball go one direction, back the other way, then back the other way as if its being controlled by something.  that new orleans kick was text book on how these kicks have been looking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I'm not a physics major.... but over the last three seasons or so them field goal kicks look like the ball is controlled by something. How in the heck does a ball go one direction, back the other way, then back the other way as if its being controlled by something.  that new orleans kick was text book on how these kicks have been looking...

2A45F05D-66FE-471E-96BA-7302A7741CD1.jpeg.c1c4a2715f27a10913df51c3d060c199.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I'm beginning to wonder about this whole A.B. thing. Its like a movie script...

WWE script? Where's Jim McMahon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I'm beginning to wonder about this whole A.B. thing. Its like a movie script...

One of the Dolphins defensive lineman said that the referee told him not to hit Tom Brady anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

One of the Dolphins defensive lineman said that the referee told him not to hit Tom Brady anymore. 

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now