Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

304 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Blacksox, boxing, whoever thinks the NFL is impervious is naive.

Black Sox isn’t a good comparison. So, Falcons players were paid off by Vegas and it had nothing to do with the League itself? 

Seems legit.

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Black Sox isn’t a good comparison. So, Falcons players were paid off by Vegas and it had nothing to do with the League itself? 

Seems legit.

I was talking about sports as a whole and again to think the NFL is not included is just naive. I never suggested that any Falcon games were rigged in my post. I certainly don't think SB51 was rigged the defense ran out of gas after being on the field for 90+ plays

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

I was talking about sports as a whole and again to think the NFL is not included is just naive. I never suggested that any Falcon games were rigged in my post. I certainly don't think SB51 was rigged the defense ran out of gas after being on the field for 90+ plays

Agreed. Still waiting on a big NFL scandal to be exposed tho...

Xfactor likes this

13 hours ago, tactician said:

ok I concede situational underdog bias may occur at times. That's a long way from saying games are scripted and outcomes are predetermined.

I agree. My point is that some bias is expected but outright conspiracy type stuff is a bit far fetched.

57 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

The Hail Mary the Ravens pulled off vs Denver the year they went to the super bowl looked pretty cheesy 

I couldn't agree more.

Posted (edited)

Just watched a Wimbledon that looked suspect.   Serena was hitting balls 8 feet out of bounds, straight into the net, it was a joke...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

On 6/18/2019 at 8:12 PM, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

The Saints game season before last, where they had been whining all week about ref calls. The one where the refs had us in 3rd and 312.

That game was so obviously bogus that I almost quit following the NFL entirely because of it.

You could conservatively include about half of all Saints and Falcons games in this context or "biased officiating" over last 12 years or so.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:06 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Agreed. Still waiting on a big NFL scandal to be exposed tho...

They're the only major league left that hasn't had a big cheating/rugging fiasco come to light.  Well, not sure about the NHL, but in 100+ years, they must have had one.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, Xfactor said:

Blacksox, boxing, whoever thinks the NFL is impervious is naive.

100 year old baseball scandal and individual boxer's taking dives are not even remotely relevant. If you can't explain the mechanics of how the fraud works and if you don't have any concrete evidence then shut your trap.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:09 AM, slickgadawg said:

Just watched a Wimbledon that looked suspect.   Serena was hitting balls 8 feet out of bounds, straight into the net, it was a joke...:lol:

Serena is taking a dive now? I guess her 100 million dollar net worth just isn't enough.

On 7/1/2019 at 0:35 PM, Cheap Talk said:

I can give you 2-facts right now, without even thinking:

• Matt Ryan snapped the ball with 10-seconds or more (in some cases 20-seconds or more) left on the play clock, with the game clock running, dozens of times. If the clock would have been milked like the book calls for, Falcons win easily, very easily!
  • Confetti falls as soon as Pats score game winning touchdown. There was no review of the score, even though many think the Pats did not score. Too hard to make this happen, NFL wanted to make sure this baby was signed, sealed and delivered.

One other thing. The three consecutive flags thrown by the Refs to keep the Pats drive alive near the end of the first half, after the Falcons had stopped them each time, had the odds of that happening at over  (45,000 to 1).

Please explain why theses actual happenings (facts) took place, would love to hear your explanations!

Lol is this really the best you came up with ?? 

On 6/28/2019 at 1:31 AM, Iron Saint said:

E24BB2C6-04F5-4B2A-A522-057DFD8C4B00.jpeg.f2bf40ae5eff5ebff2bd7057fc4d9c37.jpeg

Sean Payton was suspended for a year because the League needed to show they had a hard-lined stance in regards to player safety with the impending billion dollar concussion lawsuits (that was still behind the curtain to the general public at the time) and they knew they were about to get their collectives pants sued off their ***es. And you can repeat it all you want, it still wasn't a pay-to-injure pool, it was a pay-for-performance pool.

Y'all just quit trying to injure players and pump in some more noise in the stadium. Less punishment for that!:huh:

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, caponine said:

Lol is this really the best you came up with ?? 

Are you trying to be a comedian, or maybe you want be cool? Try explaining them away, know you can, come on now.

There are probably tens of dozens of anomalies that could be discussed in that game, like the three obvious Offensive Holding no-calls, when Brady was backed-up in his own end zone in the 4th Quarter.

Tell you what........ say we discuss one anomaly a day or the next 365-Days, now that would be fun if it were not such a sad state of affairs we find the NFL in.

Edited by Cheap Talk

3 hours ago, tactician said:

100 year old baseball scandal and individual boxer's taking dives are not even remotely relevant. If you can't explain the mechanics of how the fraud works and if you don't have any concrete evidence then shut your trap.

Excuse me ?

Responses like this and you're not going to last long here

Cheap Talk likes this

5 hours ago, slider said:

Y'all just quit trying to injure players and pump in some more noise in the stadium. Less punishment for that!:huh:

Hahah, oh the Falcons are certainly familiar with that punishment. :lol:

But nah, we’re loud enough without needing to crank the speakers up to max volume like y’all have to. ;)

32 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Hahah, oh the Falcons are certainly familiar with that punishment. :lol:

But nah, we’re loud enough without needing to crank the speakers up to max volume like y’all have to. ;)

If that would have been Bill Bellicheck there is no way he would have gotten suspended for a whole season. Maybe lost a draft pick or something.

Iron Saint likes this

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If that would have been Bill Bellicheck there is no way he would have gotten suspended for a whole season. Maybe lost a draft pick or something.

Indeed! He should’ve been suspended for a year after Spygate.

IHB7VAK.png

:lol:

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

7 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Are you trying to be a comedian, or maybe you want be cool? Try explaining them away, know you can, come on now.

There are probably tens of dozens of anomalies that could be discussed in that game, like the three obvious Offensive Holding no-calls, when Brady was backed-up in his own end zone in the 4th Quarter.

Tell you what........ say we discuss one anomaly a day or the next 365-Days, now that would be fun if it were not such a sad state of affairs we find the NFL in.

You're talking about after the offense and defense went brain dead ?? Lol this team was up 25 points , no matter what you dont lose a game like that just because of refs. Stop making excuses , did you forget 3 players playing hot potato with the ball?? Or freeman's whiff, Jake's hold, sanu's facemask,  all the whiffed tackles in the 2nd half, defense couldn't stop anybody. Need I go on?? Theres your explanation. Just accept that this team choked , it's not the refs fault or the pats fault. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

16 minutes ago, caponine said:

You're talking about after the offense and defense went brain dead ?? Lol this team was up 25 points , no matter what you dont lose a game like that just because of refs. Stop making excuses , did you forget 3 players playing hot potato with the ball?? Or freeman's whiff, Jake's hold, sanu's facemask,  all the whiffed tackles in the 2nd half, defense couldn't stop anybody. Need I go on?? Theres your explanation. Just accept that this team choked , it's not the refs fault or the pats fault. 

You are at a very high-level in your generalizations, maybe you should come down a little and explain why Ryan gave over 2-minutes back to the Pats, in a span from late 3rd to end of regulation? Why did they not review the final TD in the biggest game of all time? How could they not see holds on every Falcon rushing Brady in the end zone? Sanu's facemask? And yes, why did Freeman whiff so bad? Why did the Refs give the ball back to the Pats three times in a row, in the late 2nd, after the Falcons had stopped them clean?

Maybe your approach coming in to address these anomalies is wrong? Maybe you should start over with a blank canvass and put your critical thinking hat on. Work out some odds of some of these things happening in the biggest game of the century, in plain view of the Refs, just like the Saints/Rams debacle.

Maybe your thesis is good enough for you, but hardly works for me and I might add for the majority of people coming here, it would appear. Got to hand it to Falcon Fans as a whole, really impressed with their level of understanding. I think most of them really grew-up after this game.