Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

320 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Not in droves. People love to be entertained with gladiator sports.  Thats why wrestling is soo popular.  The thing that keeps the league in check SOMEWHAT is gambling...

I have to disagree,, There are a lot of fans like me ,, I've never even bought one Lottery ticket.. And never will, Just think of all the money I've saved by not being an addict,  Yes,, I know me,, if I was to buy one ticket, I know I'd buy way way to many.. MY dad was the worst alchaholic in N. Ga.. So I've learned there are some things we should stay away from.. I have a nice two story house on 6 acres,, paid for,, Why, Because my mom taught me how to live, and how to die. I'm of all men , most blessed. My mom is my hero even thou she now watches over me from above.

Spts1 likes this

4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Foxborough

it does happen.  it was holding no doubt.  bear hugging.

4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

looks suspect

thats why there was a thread about the integrity of the nfl...suspicious

Cheap Talk and Iron Saint like this

10 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

The call against Dee Ford was right though - he was offsides.  

It's true that teams have to play their best against the Patriots, but that is because the Pats are so fundamentally sound.  Other teams tend to lack the character to not implode.  The Eagles, Giants and Colts (eventually) found a way to do it though.

it was offsides..but i was like, oh man here we go again with a fresh set of downs.

the pats are so sound..they o the same thing over and over again..you have to be as sound or more in the fundamentals...(like clock management for on!)...youre right, the eagles and giants ran a tight ship...

JeffAtl and Falcons In 2012 like this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Indeed so, unfortunately we already got a taste of that in Foxborough in 2013 on the last play of the game where this apparently wasn’t holding...

Screenshots can also be posted of holding calls that weren't called against Patriots opponents.  

Every fanbase thinks that they are on the receiving end of more than their share of bad calls.  It's just confirmation and selection bias at work.

To be clear, I'm sure you're a good dude - from your posts you certainly seem so.  It's just that I don't want the Falcons fanbase to turn into whiners as it is not a good look. 

Edited by JeffAtl
Falcons In 2012 likes this

Posted (edited)

I can give you 2-facts right now, without even thinking:

• Matt Ryan snapped the ball with 10-seconds or more (in some cases 20-seconds or more) left on the play clock, with the game clock running, dozens of times. If the clock would have been milked like the book calls for, Falcons win easily, very easily!
  • Confetti falls as soon as Pats score game winning touchdown. There was no review of the score, even though many think the Pats did not score. Too hard to make this happen, NFL wanted to make sure this baby was signed, sealed and delivered.

One other thing. The three consecutive flags thrown by the Refs to keep the Pats drive alive near the end of the first half, after the Falcons had stopped them each time, had the odds of that happening at over  (45,000 to 1).

Please explain why theses actual happenings (facts) took place, would love to hear your explanations!

Edited by Cheap Talk

Human error. Ryan played to Kyle's uptempo/aggressive calls.

...but I guess not calling running plays lets Kyle go past your eye test? :tiphat:

If 51 was a script it was an inside job and more than just Matt were in on it.

Try proving that beyond human error.

/thread

41 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I can give you 2-facts right now, without even thinking:

• Matt Ryan snapped the ball with 10-seconds or more (in some cases 20-seconds or more) left on the play clock, with the game clock running, dozens of times. If the clock would have been milked like the book calls for, Falcons win easily, very easily!
  • Confetti falls as soon as Pats score game winning touchdown. There was no review of the score, even though many think the Pats did not score. Too hard to make this happen, NFL wanted to make sure this baby was signed, sealed and delivered.

One other thing. The three consecutive flags thrown by the Refs to keep the Pats drive alive near the end of the first half, after the Falcons had stopped them each time, had the odds of that happening at over  (45,000 to 1).

Please explain why theses actual happenings (facts) took place, would love to hear your explanations!

Kyle wants the offense set with 20 seconds do he can audible into Ryan’s mic if need be.

The snapping early really only cost us less than a minute.

The three consecutive penalties was the pick 6 series...sat least I think it was.

Please stop inferring that Ryan was part of the script by snapping early. 

The Julio & Edelman catches refute the notion of a script.  The Butler INT & Kearse catch also refute it.  Along with the 2 Giants miracle catches in 2007 & 2011

2 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Human error. Ryan played to Kyle's uptempo/aggressive calls.

...but I guess not calling running plays lets Kyle go past your eye test? :tiphat:

If 51 was a script it was an inside job and more than just Matt were in on it.

Try proving that beyond human error.

/thread

That would be the fundamental problem in trying to expose it. Unless you were in the inner circle you arent going to find evidence of it. 

Cheap Talk and Ergo Proxy like this

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kyle wants the offense set with 20 seconds do he can audible into Ryan’s mic if need be.

The snapping early really only cost us less than a minute.

The three consecutive penalties was the pick 6 series...sat least I think it was.

Please stop inferring that Ryan was part of the script by snapping early. 

The Julio & Edelman catches refute the notion of a script.  The Butler INT & Kearse catch also refute it.  Along with the 2 Giants miracle catches in 2007 & 2011

How old are you?

Posted (edited)

This is my early "Thread of the Year" nominee. You guys are great. The NFL is rigged. :lol::lol: 

920x920.jpg

Edited by mvcrook
Falcons In 2012 likes this

18 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

How old are you?

I answered the questions you asked, so you ask how old I am?  LOL .  Par for the course around TATF lately

K

25 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I answered the questions you asked, so you ask how old I am?  LOL .  Par for the course around TATF lately

K

You did not answer much of anything now did you? Expecting a little more in terms of complexity, thus my question of your age.

As to your request for Matt Ryan, 'let the chips fall where they may'.

On 6/24/2019 at 1:51 PM, THEHEADCOACH said:

Patriots vs Jags in the playoffs  a while back. That game was sickening. Refs controlled that game and decided the winner.

I think conference playoffs are tye most likely to be predetermined if any are. 

Iron Saint and Cheap Talk like this

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

just the fact you even got people THINKING its manipulated shows you whats going on...

Hurt emotions over human error and believing people are paid off as the only logical reason?

Or ignoring human error hurting both teams in the case of Rams Saints?

3 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Hurt emotions over human error and believing people are paid off as the only logical reason?

Or ignoring human error hurting both teams in the case of Rams Saints?

I predicted the falcons were going to the superbowl a full season BEFORE it happened because I don't run from facts...

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I predicted the falcons were going to the superbowl a full season BEFORE it happened because I don't run from facts...

Ok.:rolleyes:

Brian Jordan on the Braves pregame now talking about there is something wrong with the baseball because of the homeruns...:lol:

On 6/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, slider said:

Officiating in every sport can be properly accused of bias because of natural human tendencies. The big one is called the underdog bias. I don't mean the team that's not favored, I mean the team or individual that is currently in a situational disadvantage. All officials of any sport that have taken training learn about and are wary of situational underdog bias but due the fact that they are human, they will always be subject to it. The best example of situational underdog bias is in baseball when a batter is up in the count 3-0, the zone will widen slightly and any pitch that is close but previously called a ball is more likely than in other counts to be called a strike. In football it happens all the time in the more critical situations, 3rd downs for instance, how many drives are continued due to penalties that weren't penalties on 1st or 2nd down?

It is human nature to try to give the benefit of the doubt to the situational underdog. It is also human nature to view every human action as a consequence of forethought. There will always be accusations of conspiracy because people just refuse to believe that humans can not overcome the natural tendency to be human.

having said that, the officials are way too human anytime the Falcons play the Pats!

ok I concede situational underdog bias may occur at times. That's a long way from saying games are scripted and outcomes are predetermined.

Ergo Proxy likes this

On Monday, July 01, 2019 at 9:18 PM, slickgadawg said:

Do you predict the Falcons will win one before MR2 retires?

6 hours ago, tactician said:

ok I concede situational underdog bias may occur at times. That's a long way from saying games are scripted and outcomes are predetermined.

It’s this thread that is scripted. :tiphat::munch:

Falcons In 2012 and Iron Saint like this

6 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you predict the Falcons will win one before MR2 retires?

Yes.  I've got them winning one this season...

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This pathetic thread is still going? :lol:

You got upset  major league baseball players and managers saying that MLB is tampering with the game with juiced baseballs RIGHT NOW to increase homeruns and the fans not saying a word.  Again, this is why Vince McMahon wants in on the NFL action.  He knows people are gonna watch regardless...

Iron Saint likes this