Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

320 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Ehh maybe, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. In addition to y'all, the Cowboys, 49ers, Jets, and Vikings have all opened new stadiums in the last 10 years and they're all still waiting. The Giants ended up hitting one but other than that, the Vikings and Jets are the only teams to make it to a Conference Championship game since opening a new stadium. The Cowboys made it to the Divisional round but were bounced out each time.

In his defense, it is Brazil. :lol:

Not sure of the laws there, but I'd probably have a pistol on me if I could.

I think the League thought the ratings for a Rams-Patriots Super Bowl would be much higher than a potential Saints-Patriots game (or Saints-Chiefs game for that matter) due to the relative market sizes of the teams. Based on the media markets from the 2018-19 Nielsen ratings, Los Angeles is #2, Boston is #9, Kansas City is #32, and New Orleans is #50. Below are what I think the League was thinking the ratings would turn in for each potential match-up...

1.) #2 (Los Angeles) vs. #9 (Boston) - obviously the two biggest markets should draw the highest ratings

2.) #50 (New Orleans) vs. # 9 (Boston) - the Brees-Brady angle pumps this match-up drastically more than if it was based solely on market size due to the likelihood of nearly every market receiving high ratings to see that match-up

3.) #50 (New Orleans) vs. #32 (Kansas City) - the two MVP candidates meeting with a championship on the line, although the two smallest markets, this would draw in a lot of interest from other markets as well, however not to the magnitude of a Brees-Brady meeting

4.) #2 (Los Angeles vs. #32 (Kansas City) - a possibly interesting Super Bowl due to the high scoring potential of both offenses, but much less appealing due to their first match-up earlier in the year which was an absolute **** show due because both garbage defenses give up 50 points each; had they not played in the regular season to such a sloppy game, this possibly could've been #3 and NO-KC would be 4th

I believe us and the Patriots would've drawn far higher ratings than the Rams-Patriots did because frankly, besides a small sector of Los Angeles, no one gives a **** about the Rams. Los Angeles is and has always been a baseball town and college football town. However, had the Rams won the NFC Championship without any controversy, the Super Bowl likely wouldn't have tanked as bad as it did.

If anything I think that angle makes it look closer than it was where the NFL can continue using their stance of "it was a bang-bang play" instead of using other angles that show it was instead a "bang... .... ...bang play".

This is a still from the Coaches Film which comes with GamePass. Although it's from higher up, you can see the ball isn't even close yet.

E24BB2C6-04F5-4B2A-A522-057DFD8C4B00.jpeg.f2bf40ae5eff5ebff2bd7057fc4d9c37.jpeg

Sean Payton was suspended for a year because the League needed to show they had a hard-lined stance in regards to player safety with the impending billion dollar concussion lawsuits (that was still behind the curtain to the general public at the time) and they knew they were about to get their collectives pants sued off their ***es. And you can repeat it all you want, it still wasn't a pay-to-injure pool, it was a pay-for-performance pool.

I’m sure the nfl preferred the matchup with the maxx eyes on it. Even with the second biggest market they have the worst fans according to a new list. I bet people outside  of atl wanted that matchup of saints pats. 

Iron Saint likes this

3 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I’m sure the nfl preferred the matchup with the maxx eyes on it. Even with the second biggest market they have the worst fans according to a new list. I bet people outside  of atl wanted that matchup of saints pats. 

Indeed, but I think once the Rams were in and they already had the #2 media market in the dance, they probably started seeing dollar signs of the #2 and #9 markets playing each other and did everything they could to get the Patriots in, such as that atrociously weak roughing the passer call the Patriots benefited from in the 4th quarter instead of facing a 3rd & 7 from their own 28 with the Chiefs up 21-17.

VTCrunkler likes this

45 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Indeed, but I think once the Rams were in and they already had the #2 media market in the dance, they probably started seeing dollar signs of the #2 and #9 markets playing each other and did everything they could to get the Patriots in, such as that atrociously weak roughing the passer call the Patriots benefited from in the 4th quarter instead of facing a 3rd & 7 from their own 28 with the Chiefs up 21-17.

Not you too, IS.  You can’t possibly buy into the NFL fixing it against the Saints.  NO would have been a much better draw for the NFL.

There was like 1,000 people at the Rams SB sendoff, most of them were Eagles & Cowboys fans.  NO would have had 25,000 people at the rally.

I feel like this thread is scripted 

Ergo Proxy and Iron Saint like this

6 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I agree the nfl wanted max dollars. I forgot that roughing the passer. It was dee Ford, right?  I remember an off sides in there as well. They had the pats on the ropes

Iron Saint likes this

On 6/28/2019 at 1:31 AM, Iron Saint said:

Ehh maybe, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. In addition to y'all, the Cowboys, 49ers, Jets, and Vikings have all opened new stadiums in the last 10 years and they're all still waiting. The Giants ended up hitting one but other than that, the Vikings and Jets are the only teams to make it to a Conference Championship game since opening a new stadium. The Cowboys made it to the Divisional round but were bounced out each time.

In his defense, it is Brazil. :lol:

Not sure of the laws there, but I'd probably have a pistol on me if I could.

I think the League thought the ratings for a Rams-Patriots Super Bowl would be much higher than a potential Saints-Patriots game (or Saints-Chiefs game for that matter) due to the relative market sizes of the teams. Based on the media markets from the 2018-19 Nielsen ratings, Los Angeles is #2, Boston is #9, Kansas City is #32, and New Orleans is #50. Below are what I think the League was thinking the ratings would turn in for each potential match-up...

1.) #2 (Los Angeles) vs. #9 (Boston) - obviously the two biggest markets should draw the highest ratings

2.) #50 (New Orleans) vs. # 9 (Boston) - the Brees-Brady angle pumps this match-up drastically more than if it was based solely on market size due to the likelihood of nearly every market receiving high ratings to see that match-up

3.) #50 (New Orleans) vs. #32 (Kansas City) - the two MVP candidates meeting with a championship on the line, although the two smallest markets, this would draw in a lot of interest from other markets as well, however not to the magnitude of a Brees-Brady meeting

4.) #2 (Los Angeles vs. #32 (Kansas City) - a possibly interesting Super Bowl due to the high scoring potential of both offenses, but much less appealing due to their first match-up earlier in the year which was an absolute **** show due because both garbage defenses give up 50 points each; had they not played in the regular season to such a sloppy game, this possibly could've been #3 and NO-KC would be 4th

I believe us and the Patriots would've drawn far higher ratings than the Rams-Patriots did because frankly, besides a small sector of Los Angeles, no one gives a **** about the Rams. Los Angeles is and has always been a baseball town and college football town. However, had the Rams won the NFC Championship without any controversy, the Super Bowl likely wouldn't have tanked as bad as it did.

If anything I think that angle makes it look closer than it was where the NFL can continue using their stance of "it was a bang-bang play" instead of using other angles that show it was instead a "bang... .... ...bang play".

This is a still from the Coaches Film which comes with GamePass. Although it's from higher up, you can see the ball isn't even close yet.

E24BB2C6-04F5-4B2A-A522-057DFD8C4B00.jpeg.f2bf40ae5eff5ebff2bd7057fc4d9c37.jpeg

Sean Payton was suspended for a year because the League needed to show they had a hard-lined stance in regards to player safety with the impending billion dollar concussion lawsuits (that was still behind the curtain to the general public at the time) and they knew they were about to get their collectives pants sued off their ***es. And you can repeat it all you want, it still wasn't a pay-to-injure pool, it was a pay-for-performance pool.

It was obvious from the beginning that the Refs had decided to hold the flags. By the time this play occurred the players were well tuned in to the fact that this game was not going to be tightly officiated and they played so as to take advantage of it. The Saints were guilty of several delays of game by snapping the ball late but were never called. A Saints O-lineman took a flying leap from the top rope and landed on the neck of a prone, defenseless Rams player, after the whistle even, and there was no flag.

Whether it was determined by the league or by the official crew chief, the only conspiracy in this game was the agreement to not let penalties decide the outcome. I believe the back judge took that a bit too far in this instance but if this play had occurred in the first quarter it would've been just another of the many no-calls during that game that somehow have gotten overlooked.

Ergo Proxy likes this

You can see the side judge start to reach for his flag in that new orleans vs rams game to call pass interference. Then he stopped. Have you  ever noticed how when they DO throw flags they sometimes come out real LATE?  Its as if they are talking to someone in their headsets...

@Iron Saint

You are right, I didnt/couldn't read all the way through everything. Per the investigation and what was showed for clips (the Favre n Manning games..) I believe they did were paying players..

But for me, where my team is the Patriots. I understand where you are coming from.

And you guys were hosed in the NFC championship game against the rams....surprised to no one..

It should of been the saints vs the pats in the SB.

3 hours ago, Ghost_02 said:

@Iron Saint

You are right, I didnt/couldn't read all the way through everything. Per the investigation and what was showed for clips (the Favre n Manning games..) I believe they did were paying players..

But for me, where my team is the Patriots. I understand where you are coming from.

And you guys were hosed in the NFC championship game against the rams....surprised to no one..

Again. I’m glad it was t the saints playing at our house. But they still got hosed no way around it. 

I don't think the Superbowl we lost looked rigged.  I thought we looked like @ss on defense in the 2nd half... and scared on offense in the 2nd half...

On 6/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, tactician said:

You can believe the earth is flat if you want. But there is no evidence that the games are fixed, scripted, etc. Not believing in baseless conspiracy theories is certainly a sign of intelligence.

Officiating in every sport can be properly accused of bias because of natural human tendencies. The big one is called the underdog bias. I don't mean the team that's not favored, I mean the team or individual that is currently in a situational disadvantage. All officials of any sport that have taken training learn about and are wary of situational underdog bias but due the fact that they are human, they will always be subject to it. The best example of situational underdog bias is in baseball when a batter is up in the count 3-0, the zone will widen slightly and any pitch that is close but previously called a ball is more likely than in other counts to be called a strike. In football it happens all the time in the more critical situations, 3rd downs for instance, how many drives are continued due to penalties that weren't penalties on 1st or 2nd down?

It is human nature to try to give the benefit of the doubt to the situational underdog. It is also human nature to view every human action as a consequence of forethought. There will always be accusations of conspiracy because people just refuse to believe that humans can not overcome the natural tendency to be human.

having said that, the officials are way too human anytime the Falcons play the Pats!

JeffAtl likes this

10 minutes ago, slider said:

Officiating in every sport can be properly accused of bias because of natural human tendencies. The big one is called the underdog bias. I don't mean the team that's not favored, I mean the team or individual that is currently in a situational disadvantage. All officials of any sport that have taken training learn about and are wary of situational underdog bias but due the fact that they are human, they will always be subject to it. The best example of situational underdog bias is in baseball when a batter is up in the count 3-0, the zone will widen slightly and any pitch that is close but previously called a ball is more likely than in other counts to be called a strike. In football it happens all the time in the more critical situations, 3rd downs for instance, how many drives are continued due to penalties that weren't penalties on 1st or 2nd down?

It is human nature to try to give the benefit of the doubt to the situational underdog. It is also human nature to view every human action as a consequence of forethought. There will always be accusations of conspiracy because people just refuse to believe that humans can not overcome the natural tendency to be human.

having said that, the officials are way too human anytime the Falcons play the Pats!

Memo to them:  the patriots are not the underdogs!

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Memo to them:  the patriots are not the underdogs!

When they were down 28-3 into the third quarter that put them squarely as the underdog for that situation. Even if they weren't the fair haired Pats the officiating would've probably turned in their favor.

Posted (edited)

On 6/27/2019 at 0:46 AM, tactician said:

You can believe the earth is flat if you want. But there is no evidence that the games are fixed, scripted, etc. Not believing in baseless conspiracy theories is certainly a sign of intelligence.

You have merely chosen to skip over the facts, with many presented in this thread, in order to make a summation that you are smart to believe everything is as it is said to be. 

The evidence has been slapping us all in the face. Intelligent your statement is not.

Edited by Cheap Talk

5 hours ago, slider said:

When they were down 28-3 into the third quarter that put them squarely as the underdog for that situation. Even if they weren't the fair haired Pats the officiating would've probably turned in their favor.

Maybe until the fourth qtr 

23 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not you too, IS.  You can’t possibly buy into the NFL fixing it against the Saints.  NO would have been a much better draw for the NFL.

There was like 1,000 people at the Rams SB sendoff, most of them were Eagles & Cowboys fans.  NO would have had 25,000 people at the rally.

I feel like this thread is scripted 

"Fixing" is a strong term so I try to avoid it, but I definitely feel they'll influence games as they see fit. Whether it'd be to curb a blowout in a widely viewed game (such as a Super Bowl or Conference Championship) in attempts to retain the attention of the maximum number of viewers they can such as in the Ravens-49ers Super Bowl, or to keep the action tight and money coming in for Vegas.

Man, we had about 25,000 for our No-Call Party on the day of the Super Bowl. Hahaha, that's part of the reason why the Super Bowl ratings bombed in our market, no one was home to watch it. :lol:

17 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I agree the nfl wanted max dollars. I forgot that roughing the passer. It was dee Ford, right?  I remember an off sides in there as well. They had the pats on the ropes

I think the roughing the passer call was Chris Jones, but the offsides was Dee Ford (if I'm remembering right, they may be mixed up but it was definitely those two players). The offsides call came on a play where Brady threw a pick with a minute left. Kansas City would've had the ball at their own 36, leading 28-24 with 0:54 left. The Patriots had all 3 of their timeouts, but Kansas City could've sat on the ball forcing them to burn all their timeouts then punt and force New England to drive at least 75 yards for the TD  depending on how good the punt was with at best 0:35 left in the game.

15 hours ago, slider said:

It was obvious from the beginning that the Refs had decided to hold the flags. By the time this play occurred the players were well tuned in to the fact that this game was not going to be tightly officiated and they played so as to take advantage of it.

I would agree with you had the calls been consistent throughout. ****, they called the Rams for a far less egregious DPI on the second play of OT, literally our 3rd play after the no-call. Then two plays later on the INT they miss another DPI where Thomas is dragged to the ground and Brees is hit in the face. So they hold the flags on the blatantly obvious ones and call the ticky-tack ones? That makes literally zero sense.

15 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

You can see the side judge start to reach for his flag in that new orleans vs rams game to call pass interference. Then he stopped. Have you  ever noticed how when they DO throw flags they sometimes come out real LATE?  Its as if they are talking to someone in their headsets...

Bingo. And the thing was it wasn't even the side judge's call, the down judge was the closest official to it and saw the entire thing. He didn't need the side judge's opinion.

15 hours ago, Ghost_02 said:

@Iron Saint

Hey, fair enough, I can't expect you to read through it all. I just like to thoroughly express my viewpoints with documented evidence.

However, I do suggest you do two small things: 1.) at least read that article I linked in that post (it's not that long, I promise), most of my post was just a long winded explanation of it where the article gets down to the nuts and bolts and summarizes it far more efficiently than I do. 2.) Watch this single play in this video I'll link right here and tell me what you see. The video is of the entire 2009 NFC Championship, but I promise the video will start on the play I'm talking about, I set the link to do that when the video starts, and then you can close it.

Of the play I'm talking about, Favre hands the ball off to Harvin who then fumbles the ball. In the scramble for the loose ball, there's a moment where Favre has his back turned looking for the ball and two Saints players are running up behind him. Now as we all heard, the League maintained that Vilma placed a $10,000 bounty for anyone that knocked Favre out of the game.

My question is, if there was a "pay-to-injure" scheme, wouldn't have everyone on the field in a Saints jersey have tried to absolutely cream Favre (who was out the pocket and near the LOS) once Harvin fumbled that ball, especially since it would've been 100% legal to do so in this situation? But they didn't, despite multiple Saints players having a free, legal shot at him. They all ran after the ball and largely ignored Favre.

Wouldn't it have been mighty easy to obliterate an unknowing Favre from his blindside and knock him out the game to collect that alleged $10,000 bounty if it existed? Especially Ellis, a 305 lb DT.

12 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Again. I’m glad it was t the saints playing at our house. But they still got hosed no way around it. 

Indeed, as I said to the other dude I believe in another thread, I know we're rivals of each other and despise the other team, but that was just embarrassing how the situation was handled. If it happened to any other NFL team, I still would've been disgusted by it, even if it happened to another NFC South team. However I'm glad the NFL had to eat a **** sandwich because of it with that flop of a Super Bowl.

As for y'all not wanting us playing in y'all house, I feel it. It was the same for us in 2012 when the NFC Championship came down to y'all and the 49ers. We couldn't even enjoy y'all getting the shaft because we were still livid over the 2011 Divisional playoff game at Candlestick and the beatdown we got from the 49ers earlier that year so it was a lose-lose on who won the NFC that year for us. At the 2012 regular season matchup with the 49ers, their fans came out in droves and after the game they were talking mad **** like, "We'll be back in February!" Definitely didn't think they actually would be.

That may be the closest I ever came to actually wanting to pull for y'all in a meaningful game and I'm certainly ashamed of it. :sadwave::lol:

Thankfully, the Ravens righted that ship not letting the 49ers win it.

VTCrunkler likes this

Posted (edited)

Here is a hot off the press example of how these sports league MARKET their entertainment and play with it.  The NFL does the same thing.  Rams and Chargers new stadium, suddenly, they are beast teams and Rams in Superbowl. Falcons new stadium, Superbowl appearance. Major League Baseball wants to promote itself in Europe.  ( MLB has tampered with the baseball over the years and who knows what else in order to increase scoring). Since 2015, me and you can walk into a MLB park and hit one out...:lol:  The new commissioner, just like David Sterns did in the NBA, is trying to save his game.  Nobody watches baseball outside of hardcore fans so he is weekly it seems trying to come up with ways to make the game more appealing by increasing the scoring and and making the game faster.  In London, they just scored the most runs in 2 games in the history of the Yankees vs Boston series...:lol:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/06/29/mlb-london-series-yankees-red-sox-put-historic-slugfest/1607840001/

LONDON — Major League Baseball, spending the week desperately trying to promote their game in Europe, certainly came up with a doozy of a plan Saturday by turning a traditional baseball game into a zany free-for-all where everything was distorted beyond imagination.

The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox have been playing against one another since 1903, and never, ever, have they played a game like this.

By the time it ended, the Yankees survived, 17-13, in the second highest-scoring game between the two teams, and nearly the longest game they have ever played, lasting four hours, 42 minutes.    :lol:

You think I'm being crazy when I say they done took some doctored balls over to London?  A University study CONFIRMED they are using doctored balls.  ( The Braves Ozzie Albies, no bigger than a flea is a monster homerun hitter, imagine what the bigger guys are doing ).

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/juiced-baseballs/

MLB and its commissioner, Rob Manfred, have repeatedly denied rumors that the ball has been altered in any way — or “juiced” — to generate more homers. But a large and growing body of research shows that, beginning in the middle of the 2015 season, the MLB baseball began to fly further. And new research commissioned by “ESPN Sport Science,” a show that breaks down the science of sports,1 suggests that MLB baseballs used after the 2015 All-Star Game were subtly but consistently different than older baseballs. The research, performed by the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California and Kent State University’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, reveals changes in the density and chemical composition of the baseball’s core — and provides our first glimpse inside the newer baseballs.

Another research showed that just by changing the height of the seams, sleight changes in weight and size on a baseball you get THIS remarkable difference in ball flight distance:

https://tht.fangraphs.com/fly-ball-carry-and-the-home-run-surge/

As a simple example, consider a typical home run hit with an exit velocity of 100 mph at the optimum launch angle of 27.50, which travels just about 400 ft.  In the Physics 101 world, that ball would travel 555 ft. And if the ball were hit with the same exit velocity but at the optimum Physics 101 launch angle of 450, it would travel 673 ft.

Edited by slickgadawg
Iron Saint likes this

Rams were not given easy calls either. Saints Rams game was not a “fix”. They let both sides play.

Missed calls late cost Rams TD and they settled for FGs.

Rams overcame it and Saints didn’t.

Objective.

Hyper focusing on the no call DPI doesn’t discount the big picture or make a narrative work just because you believe that moment is scripted or fixed.

Both sides had plays that needed flags.

Falconsfan567 likes this

12 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Rams were not given easy calls either. Saints Rams game was not a “fix”. They let both sides play.

Missed calls late cost Rams TD and they settled for FGs.

Rams overcame it and Saints didn’t.

Objective.

Hyper focusing on the no call DPI doesn’t discount the big picture or make a narrative work just because you believe that moment is scripted or fixed.

Both sides had plays that needed flags.

Exactly!!!

Ergo Proxy likes this

Those of you who really believe that the games are rigged,,, And you watch the NFL,,, You have rooms for rent,,, upstairs.  I know one thing.. if they were, I would not watch it... And the NFL FO knows if they did rig games,, People would leave as fans,, Most people would stop watching. Do you really think they'd take that chance? Not on your life.... Good news,, Our team is rigged this year,And our FO has gone to lengths I've never seen as a Falcon fan of 54 years,, they rigged it with the best Off season moves In my Falcon fan history..  So we are Rigged up for a deep run in the playoffs. 

Trust me,, teams could not get away with anything out of line with the league rules. They would get nailed to the wall. And glad of it.

Falconsfan567 likes this

21 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Those of you who really believe that the games are rigged,,, And you watch the NFL,,, You have rooms for rent,,, upstairs.  I know one thing.. if they were, I would not watch it... And the NFL FO knows if they did rig games,, People would leave as fans,, Most people would stop watching. Do you really think they'd take that chance? Not on your life.... Good news,, Our team is rigged this year,And our FO has gone to lengths I've never seen as a Falcon fan of 54 years,, they rigged it with the best Off season moves In my Falcon fan history..  So we are Rigged up for a deep run in the playoffs. 

Trust me,, teams could not get away with anything out of line with the league rules. They would get nailed to the wall. And glad of it.

Not in droves. People love to be entertained with gladiator sports.  Thats why wrestling is soo popular.  The thing that keeps the league in check SOMEWHAT is gambling...

On 6/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, Cheap Talk said:

You have merely chosen to skip over the facts, with many presented in this thread, in order to make a summation that you are smart to believe everything is as it is said to be. 

The evidence has been slapping us all in the face. Intelligent your statement is not.

There has been no compelling evidence presented in this thread - only wild conclusions based on out of context and emotional viewing of plays in isolation.

The Saints fan in this thread is sure the NFL/officials conspired to help the Rams win and presented a screenshot to "prove" it.  This is being considered "facts" in this thread.

On the other hand, when the Saints are on the other side of a missed call, it's just an isolated "officials are only human" case.   This is also being considered as "fact"s in this thread.

tactician likes this

16 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

The offsides call came on a play where Brady threw a pick with a minute left. Kansas City would've had the ball at their own 36, leading 28-24 with 0:54 le

thats the point i was trying to make earlier.  The pats do it every time.  Jacksonville game included.  you have to be perfect against them to win.  they do it every time - eat clock and dink and dunk down the field FTW

Iron Saint likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

thats the point i was trying to make earlier.  The pats do it every time.  Jacksonville game included.  you have to be perfect against them to win.  they do it every time - eat clock and dink and dunk down the field FTW

The call against Dee Ford was right though - he was offsides.  

It's true that teams have to play their best against the Patriots, but that is because the Pats are so fundamentally sound.  Other teams tend to lack the character to not implode.  The Eagles, Giants and Colts (eventually) found a way to do it though.

Edited by JeffAtl
VTCrunkler likes this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

The Saints fan in this thread is sure the NFL/officials conspired to help the Rams win and presented a screenshot to "prove" it.  This is being considered "facts" in this thread.

You couldn’t be more wrong about the assumption of my post even if you tried to be. I said they only use the angle of the no-call that everyone is familiar with, i.e. this one...

NoFlag.gif

...because it makes the play look far closer than it truly was, thus they can stick to their original narrative and shtick of, “oh it’s a very close play and it was a judgement call” and leave it at that (which is exactly what they did).

Not once in that post or any other post did I say “this screenshot proves the NFL fixed the NFC Championship in the Rams’ favor”.

The only reason I posted the screenshot of the angle from the Coaches Film was to illustrate to my pal ATLSlobberKnockers, who thought the play was even closer than the angle in the above GIF shows, that the play looks even far more egregious when you can actually see how far away the ball was when the contact was made vs. the lack of depth perception in the NFL’s favorite angle making the contact and ball arriving appearing simultaneous. That’s a fact for you.

If you want to make assumptions of my posts, you better come with some facts because I’ll tear your post down word by word every time.

7 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Indeed so, unfortunately we already got a taste of that in Foxborough in 2013 on the last play of the game where this apparently wasn’t holding...

SaintsPatriotsGaletteHolding.jpg

If the League is telling these officials not to “let the game be decided on flags” then they need to call it consistently across the board. Ford did leave early which is a violation of the rule, it’s great they called it. But to “miss” the most egregious DPI in the history of the league looks suspect like they’re playing favorites.

C’est la vie, I suppose... :rolleyes:

Edited by Iron Saint
VTCrunkler likes this