Falcons Fan MVP

Is there any game besides SB 51 that you can think of that looked rigged or scripted?

320 posts in this topic

What NFL games have you seen over the years that you think looked rigged or scripted besides Super bowl 51 (which is being discussed on the "do the Patriots get special treatment from the referees" thread)? It can be a Falcons game or any other game anytime in NFL history. Even if you don't think there is any games that are scripted, rigged or  bias officiating maybe you saw a game that sure looked that way. For me one game I thought looked very suspicious was the 2012 divisional round playoff game between the Broncos and Ravens. The "wide open" touchdown to tie. The bone headed interception by Peyton Manning with just under a minute in overtime looked suspicious to me. The Oilers vs Bills 35-3 let down wild card game was suspicious to me also. The Seahawks vs Steelers super bowl is definitely looked at as a game the refs were biased against the Seahawks.

Cheap Talk, Emmitt and high impact like this

31 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Katrina superbowl.. Which imo the Saint entire season that year was rigged

This. Wasn't that the same year that the refs allowed the Saints to rape Brett Favre? That game was obviously rigged.  

mar31985, CTann, JDaveG and 6 others like this

The most obvious one of all, besides SB 51, was this last season. Of course that would be the Saints and the Rams.

Where do you begin. The NFL has been so poor at covering-up their predetermined winners over the years that you could point to almost every Super Bowl, and many of the Post-Season games especially. 

You sure are courageous for opening-up this topic, but I am going to stay out it, just want to see where it goes without my help.

Iron Saint likes this

Posted (edited)

How is it rigged when you choke the game away ??, i understand they made some crazy calls but the refs didnt blow a 25 point lead in the 4th qtr. yall cant really believe that was rigged putting personal feelings aside , there is no one to blame but us 

Edited by caponine

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

How is it rigged when you choke the game away ??, i understand they made some crazy calls but the refs didnt blow a 25 point lead in the 4th qtr. yall cant really believe that was rigged putting personal feelings aside , there is no one to blame but us 

This particular thread is about any NFL game besides super bowl 51 because the "do the Patriots get special treatment from the referees" thread became a discussion about that. It's kind of just for fun. There has to be some game that made you say "they couldn't be that stupid" or "they couldn't have possibly f***** up that badly." You could make an argument for the Fail Mary game for example.

31 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

It takes one freak play to change an NFL game. It's impossible to rig an NFL game. Pay a ref and influence......sure.

Rig or script a game...nah. Can't do it.

So you're gonna tell me the Tyree catch for the Giants wasn't planned? Ok guy.

Posted (edited)

What do ya say about the tuck rule game? Sure looked like a bad call to me. Kind of gave new life to the Pats. Took the air out of the Raiders. Who came up with that bogus tuck rule anyway? I had never heard anything like that till that game. I call BS on that trash. 

Nothing funny going on here.

Edited by high impact

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, high impact said:

What do ya say about the tuck rule game? Sure looked like a bad call to me. Kind of gave new life to the Pats. Took the air out of the Raiders. Who came up with that bogus tuck rule anyway? I had never heard anything like that till that game. I call BS on that trash. 

Sounds like you need to read the NFL rule book. That rule had been there awhile and a few seasons after that...

Games aren't rigged, fans are just sore losers. 

Edited by Ghost_02

53 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

Sounds like you need to read the NFL rule book. That rule had been there awhile and a few seasons after that...

I'm sure there has at least been an attempt to bribe the referees to favor a certain team in a certain situation. Especially when you look at the Vegas angle.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

49 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

What about the super bowl of the 49 ers v Ravens?  The blackout in the SuperDomme?

It didn't work. Ravens still win. The 49ers may have covered the spread but I'm not sure.

VTCrunkler and 408Falcon like this

5 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

The Saints game season before last, where they had been whining all week about ref calls. The one where the refs had us in 3rd and 312.

That game was so obviously bogus that I almost quit following the NFL entirely because of it.

Oh man that game got me heated. I was chill for most of it until the refs had the audacity to call an OPI on Julio when it was clearly not OPI.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Ghost_02 said:

Steelers-Colts playoff game from some years back. If that wasn’t obvious... the memes afterwards were pics of refs in black and yellow stripes. 

I couldn’t be a homer in that game and the preference for the winner was obvious. 

Edited by droopy1592

6 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Oh man that game got me heated. I was chill for most of it until the refs had the audacity to call an OPI on Julio when it was clearly not OPI.

I think the moral of the story is Saints fans are whiny sore losers and NFL refs have thin skin. 

13 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

The Saints game season before last, where they had been whining all week about ref calls. The one where the refs had us in 3rd and 312.

That game was so obviously bogus that I almost quit following the NFL entirely because of it.

That was the worst game I've ever seen. They called an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Freeman for just saying something to a Saints player. We never had a chance that game with Sean Payton crying all week leading up to it.