Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconsIn2012

Honeymoon Over for LaFleur?

6 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

good stuff.  and yes he deserves way more credit than he gets.  he does less than more.  could the other qbs with those high passer ratings do what MR has done with our o lines?

Wilson has with worse, and with no Julio-caliber receiver.

just sayin’...

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sark was an above average OC last year.  But Bevell has done it for a decade.  Not always great, but usually top 6-7

Just looking at his Viking years I'm gonna call ******** on that. He had a top 10 defense once. It was #2 when he was carried by Farve and AP unless I'm mistaken about AP. 

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t understand why that is so hard to comprehend. The Seahawks have had the worst offensive line for about 6 years now. They traded their only decent player (Unger) for a tight end who can’t block. It’s like they blatantly avoid addressing the line because of Wilson’s ability to evade pressure. Blaming Wilson for “holding on to the ball for too long” makes no sense 

Crazy fans repeating what they read from some journalist hack, or even worse heard on sports talk radio.

It’s like how some in here were blaming Matt for our 2013-14 collapse. 

43 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I trust my eyes, not a journalists’ opinion. 

So what are we going to say was the problem at Wisconsin & NC State?  Wisconsin had an incredible OL.  

Every single year of his college and professional career, Wilson has poor pocket awareness resulting in terrible sacks.  It’s his height 

For him to get sacked on 8% of his dropbacks in college behind a dominant OL where all were drafted to the NFL is telling.

And again, this doesn’t mean Wilson isn’t an elite QB.  He is top 5-6 IMO.  But you can’t blame the OL at every level without at least questioning if Wilson plays a hand in it

52 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Crazy fans repeating what they read from some journalist hack, or even worse heard on sports talk radio.

It’s like how some in here were blaming Matt for our 2013-14 collapse. 

I don’t believe it’s crazy talk to question this one area of Wilson’s game.  It’s been the same issue in college and now the pro’s.  His height negatively impacts his pocket awareness.  

His Pre-draft Scouting Report is clear

Weakness: Pocket Management

One weakness in Russell Wilson's game that probably does owe itself at least partially to his size is his ability to manage the pocket.

Wilson took 22 sacks in 2011, compared with only 309 pass attempts. Among the 25 FBS quarterbacks that I isolated as either draftable this year or highly regarded for next year, that was the third worst. Only Aaron Murray and E.J. Manuel were sacked more per pass attempt.

Part of the issue is Wilson's height.

He is not able to step up and into the pocket like other quarterbacks. Stepping up and closer to his interior linemen will only obscure his vision and potentially crowd his passing lanes. He instead tends to back away from the pocket or move laterally.

Both strategies can result in more sacks.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I don’t believe it’s crazy talk to question this one area of Wilson’s game.  It’s been the same issue in college and now the pro’s.  His height negatively impacts his pocket awareness.  

His Pre-draft Scouting Report is clear

Weakness: Pocket Management

One weakness in Russell Wilson's game that probably does owe itself at least partially to his size is his ability to manage the pocket.

Wilson took 22 sacks in 2011, compared with only 309 pass attempts. Among the 25 FBS quarterbacks that I isolated as either draftable this year or highly regarded for next year, that was the third worst. Only Aaron Murray and E.J. Manuel were sacked more per pass attempt.

Part of the issue is Wilson's height.

He is not able to step up and into the pocket like other quarterbacks. Stepping up and closer to his interior linemen will only obscure his vision and potentially crowd his passing lanes. He instead tends to back away from the pocket or move laterally.

Both strategies can result in more sacks.

Again man, do you hear yourself? You are quoting Russell Wilson’s “Pre-Draft Scouting Report”. Think about what you are slinging out there as your ‘proof’. We now know it and everyone else were dead wrong about Wilson as a 3rd rd pick, as he’s proven to be so much better than anyone could have thought at the time. 

This is akin to Tom brady haters quoting some of the nonsense that was put out there by some hack on his pre-draft scouting reports too....

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/tom-brady-nfl-combine-scouting-report-030317

SMH....what’s going on with you with all these recent lame attempts to disparage Russell Wilson silliness? Did that twitter Ryan-Wilson pole really get you that worked up?

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Again man, do you hear yourself? You are quoting Russell Wilson’s “Pre-Draft Scouting Report”. Think about what you are slinging out there as your ‘proof’. We now know it and everyone else were dead wrong about Wilson as a 3rd rd pick, as he’s proven to be so much better than anyone could have thought at the time. 

This is akin to Tom brady haters quoting some of the nonsense that was put out there by some hack on his pre-draft scouting reports too....

https://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/tom-brady-nfl-combine-scouting-report-030317

SMH....what’s going on with you with all these recent lame attempts to disparage Russell Wilson silliness? Did that twitter Ryan-Wilson pole really get you that worked up?

What’s up with this poll that keeps coming up?

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

It’s not the report that matters...the bolded stat does.   22 sacks, 3rd worst sack rate in CFB despite playing behind the best OL in college.  It’s not me saying Wilson sucks.  He is awesome.  But everyone blames his OL and gives him a pass for averaging 48 sacks a year since his rookie year.  

Anyways...you are far too bright not to see this.  Every QB has limitations.  This is his. He is still GREAT.  And I’m done banging my head against the wall on this topic...lol 

V9 is still greatness personified.  

Back at cha.........

College was nearly a decade ago bro. You’re reaching big time.....

Ask yourself How many sacks Matty would have had behind that god-awful seahawks OL of past 5 years, then get back to me. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Back at cha.........

Ask yourself How many sacks Matty would have had behind that god-awful seahawks OL of past 5 years, then get back to me. 

Probably still not as many. He gets rid of the ball too fast. J/s

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Back at cha.........

Less honestly.  I say that just because he lacks the ability to escape the pocket like Wilson so he’d just get rid of the football.  

And yes, college was a while ago.  My point was simply the issue has never been fixed.

Anyways, I’m not delving into this rabbit hole again.  Both are great.  Screw A-Rod