Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconsIn2012

Honeymoon Over for LaFleur?

Looks like LaFleur is taking the Shannahan approach.  Rodgers ought to just try it.  Maybe it works like it did for Ryan in 2016

As an aside, A-Rod loves to use the media to fight his passive aggressive battles for him.  Whenever his girlfriend is mad at him, he gets mad at his coach.  His legacy takes a hit if this doesn’t work with LaFleur

8 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

When you win a Lombardi and are considered to be most clutch QB under 2mins remaining then you can do whatever the **** you want.

Not everyone is Tom Brady

A-Rod is 0-37 when entering the fourth quarter trailing by more than a point against teams with a winning record.

#purpleclutch

Rodgers has had to play outside of the scheme his entire career to make it work. That's what makes him great. But that's what makes him fallible too. The offense never did the heavy lifting and being in an offense that is built to give the defense illusions, you need it to be properly run. Fans here didn't get it when Kyle said the same, until they saw the product. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Rodgers has had to play outside of the scheme his entire career to make it work. That's what makes him great. But that's what makes him fallible too. The offense never did the heavy lifting and being in an offense that is built to give the defense illusions, you need it to be properly run. Fans here didn't get it when Kyle said the same, until they saw the product. 

Good post.  Seems to be a common theme for GB quarterbacks.  

But for several years the qb & scheme seemed in sync.  Won a title, several NFCCG’s...but it has faltered since 2016

Guess A-Rod doesn’t think Ryan is great in the 2-minute offense...lol 

"I don't think you want to ask me to turn off 11 years (of recognizing defenses). We have a number of check with mes and line-of-scrimmage stuff. It's just the other stuff that really not many people in this league can do. 

"That's not like a humblebrag or anything; that's just a fact. There aren't many people that can do at the line of scrimmage what I've done over the years. I mean, obviously, Tommy (Brady) can do it, no doubt. Peyton (Manning) could do it. Drew (Brees) can do it. (Patrick) Mahomes will be able to do it. Ben (Roethlisberger) has called the two-minute for years. There are a few of us who've just done it; it's kind of second nature. And that's just the icing on the cake for what I can do in this offense." 

So, to summarize: Rodgers wants to take advantage of his intelligence and experience to attack defenses, and LaFleur wants him to buy into a proven system that, because of its ambitious pre-snap activity and overall philosophy, restricts the quarterback's ability (and, theoretically, his incentive) to do so. This is not a mean-spirited staredown that will necessitate a clear winner emerging as its sole means of resolution. The situation is, however, somewhat tricky, and the way LaFleur and Rodgers navigate the terrain will go a long way toward determining whether the Pack's once-prolific attack gets back on track.

39 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

A-Rod is 0-37 when entering the fourth quarter trailing by more than a point against teams with a winning record.

#purpleclutch

At 1 point last year he had the same # of 4th qtr comebacks as R. Tannehill for his career.

The media and in game announcers promote this narrative that he is the best clutch/come from behind QB in the league and he isn't.

Edited by jeffro2000

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Good post.  Seems to be a common theme for GB quarterbacks.  

But for several years the qb & scheme seemed in sync.  Won a title, several NFCCG’s...but it has faltered since 2016

Truth be told, it never was. He had that electric 2011, which was all him. They had talented teams, but the offense was always "Rodgers, make a play". That's why DQ kills him. He forces him to play within the offense, which he can't, because it sucks. I always kept saying Rodgers only makes big plays out of the pocket and if you keep him in the pocket, he won't kill you. It seems counter to everything, but that's when the game turns to backyard football and Rodgers is lethal. 

22 minutes ago, vel said:

Truth be told, it never was. He had that electric 2011, which was all him. They had talented teams, but the offense was always "Rodgers, make a play". That's why DQ kills him. He forces him to play within the offense, which he can't, because it sucks. I always kept saying Rodgers only makes big plays out of the pocket and if you keep him in the pocket, he won't kill you. It seems counter to everything, but that's when the game turns to backyard football and Rodgers is lethal. 

Part of that is on the QB. Don’t you think? Wilson & Rodgers go outside of the offense because their mobility allows it.  It’s a strength but can also be a negative.  It’s why Wilson has 55 sacks last year.  Hero ball.

Brady doesn’t have a better supporting cast over the course of his career.  He, like Ryan, stay within the scheme and it works

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Part of that is on the QB. Don’t you think? Wilson & Rodgers go outside of the offense because their mobility allows it.  It’s a strength but can also be a negative.  It’s why Wilson has 55 sacks last year.  Hero ball.

Brady doesn’t have a better supporting cast over the course of his career.  He, like Ryan, stay within the scheme and it works

Matt in his MVP season was 2nd most sacked QB in league that year.

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Matt in his MVP season was 2nd most sacked QB in league that year.

True...but it’s not happening because he is “going outside the offense” to try and make a play.  As you know, Shannahan’s routes take a bit to unfold.  Matt believed in the offense so wasn’t throwing the ball away much.   He was trying to give every play a shot..but within the design of the offense.

16 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

True...but it’s not happening because he is “going outside the offense” to try and make a play.  As you know, Shannahan’s routes take a bit to unfold.  Matt believed in the offense so wasn’t throwing the ball away much.   He was trying to give every play a shot 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re insinuating Wilson gets sacked a lot because he “goes outside the offense”, yet matt gets sacked a lot because he “believes in the offense”?

Come on, do you hear yourself?

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re insinuating Wilson gets sacked a lot because he “goes outside the offense”, yet matt gets sacked a lot because he “believes in the offense”? 

Holds onto the ball too long trying to make a play.  Those are Carroll’s words, not mine