Spts1

New Orleans fans have got out of hand ( Proposed Hawks draft Trade)

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Let me start this off by saying that I NORMALLY stay out of the Atlanta fans vs New Orleans fans discussions.  I personally am not THAT wrapped up into being a fantatic.  When I made comments on the board about the playoff game this past season where the NFL screwed the Saints, it was more from a point of view that I believe the NFL manipulates games and I didn't care that it was the Saints that got screwed.

I said the above because it takes a LOT to make me care what a fan in another city says about anything Atlanta.  Well, leave it to a New Orleans fans to do the impossible and get my attention.  I was minding my own business yesterday while trying to look into some Hawks related draft information when the article below popped into my view.  A FANSIDED article from Pelican Brief.  This blogger had the AUDACITY to casually throw out this trade scenario in which the Hawks get the Pelicans 4th pick:

" But why would the Pelicans look to trade down for assets when they literally have a shipload full of them at the moment. Well, that’s a very good point, but could the Hawks add in someone like Kevin Huerter to sweeten the package? Huerter connected on 1.8 three-point field goals on 38.5 percent as a rookie last year. "

https://pelicandebrief.com/2019/06/16/pelicans-rumors-hawks-interested-moving-pels-trade/

REALLY???  You are soo spoiled that you can just throw Huerter's name out there casually like that and you are SERIOUS.  This guy is serious!  Lets back up.  You know why New Orleans fans are THAT spoiled and smug?  It started with Katrina and the NFL GIVING them that Superbowl.  It then progressed to getting away with bountygate.  THATS just on the NFL side of things.  It gets REAL interesting on the NBA side of things.  Lets go back in history with the Hornets.  The team tried to trade Chris Paul to the Lakers but the LEAGUE ITSELF blocked that trade in the interest of keeping that franchise viable in New Orleans. ( It protected the fans).  The next thing that happened was Anthony Davis.  I remember when folks got suspicious of the NBA when for some reason, Davis KNEW BEFORE the draft that he was going to New Orleans:

" A bunch of people think the NBA rigged last night's draft lottery so that the NBA-owned New Orleans Hornets would get the No. 1 pick.

The supposed hard evidence is this picture of Anthony Davis in a Hornets hat that was allegedly taken two weeks ago and posted on TerezOwens.com:

anthony davis wearing a hornets hat

https://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-davis-hornets-hat-2012-5

Now, I personally believe the NBA manipulates drafts but this isn't about me, its about New Orleans fans who think this also because otherwise,  WHY in the **** would they think the Hawks would trade Kevin Huerter?:lol:  They have gotten SOOO spoiled that they can just casually throw something out there like that and EXPECT it to happen.  It DOES look suspicious that they were awarded the number 1 pick in the draft during the SAME offseason that Anthony Davis wants to bounce.  Its like they KNOW the NBA and NFL want to keep that nasty destination resort called New Orleans viable and going strong in the sports world. Its gotten them soo spoiled that they had a baby when the NFL took care of Los Angeles in that playoff game...:lol:   NOW I see why they was wanting to petition the government after that playoff game...:lol:  They have gotten sooo spoiled that anything against them now is a MAJOR AFFRONT to them.   This has got to stop.  Kevin Huerter. REALLY?   I'm officially on the anti New Orleans bandwagon just on PRINCIPLE...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

Yeah we’d be dumbasses to trade any of our top 10 picks AND Huerter for a useless 4th overall pick. I’d trade no lower than the 3rd overall pick. If we don’t get RJ, then I don’t want any trades. 

Spts1 and Emmitt like this

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Wut?

Yeah the post doesn’t really have much about the actual article. It basically just states that maybe the hawks would trade Huerter and our first round picks for the 4th overall pick, which would be a colossally stupid move. 

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yeah the post doesn’t really have much about the actual article. It basically just states that maybe the hawks would trade Huerter and our first round picks for the 4th overall pick, which would be a colossally stupid move. 

My bad. I THOUGHT that little bit I posted was enough to make the point.  Anybody who knows basketball knows that proposal is stupid.  I posted in the Falcons forum because it New Orleans fans acting up again...

Yeah, I would have never taken this that way or thought that much about it. I think it’s just someone dumb writing something that popped into their head. That being said, screw New Orleans because they suck in all sports and no one likes them. So yes, I agree with that much.

This thread post proves my point that it’s not just the “Falcons-Saints” rivalry, but it has become the Atlanta sports city vs the New Orleans sports city rivalry because of how heated we’ve become the last decade or so. Imagine if the Cavs-Warriors rivalry was replaced by the Hawks-Pelicans rivalry one day with Trae Young and Zion Williamson going against each other in the finals.

Spts1 likes this

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Shelley#37 said:

Uhhhhh - dude is wearing a Charlotte Hornets hat....New Orleans is the Pelicans

Further proof that I should have put this in the basketball section.  New Orleans WAS the Hornets when he was being drafted and put that hat on...  AND @Tim Mazetti  co- signed your major mistake with a " like "...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg
Tim Mazetti likes this

I JUST heard “John McClain” say, “welcome to the party pal!” After reading this post.

And yes, I do tend to not listen to the voices in my head! :D

Tim Mazetti likes this