Falconer89

Falcons Will go 13-3 and Win the SB...

53 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I’m talking about a SuperBowl winning team. Fine. Week 5? Week 6? This team or it’s organization doesn’t get Patriots treatment that they’ll figure it out by week whatever...The Falcons better come out strong. They need to come out strong. They don’t have the mental makeup to “figure it out” by week 8. 

I hear ya....but by what you're saying....the season will be won or lost by week 4....thats simply not enough time....

36 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I’m talking about a SuperBowl winning team. Fine. Week 5? Week 6? This team or it’s organization doesn’t get Patriots treatment that they’ll figure it out by week whatever...The Falcons better come out strong. They need to come out strong. They don’t have the mental makeup to “figure it out” by week 8. 

When it comes to being Super Bowl contenders, many of the national pundits have started  mentioning the Falcons in that group as we go into training camp this year.  

Everyone in the world knows you have to play it out on the field, but so does every other team mentioned in that group at this point.

All teams currently being grouped in by pundits as Super Bowl contenders at this point have question marks. Some fans never talk about the Saints question marks, they just talk about ours. They drafted a center in the middle of second round that will have to start, that's an EPIC SIZE question mark. They have huge question marks at LB and DL just to name a few.

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I hear ya....but by what you're saying....the season will be won or lost by week 4....thats simply not enough time....

I get you. I’m saying this thread is about a Super Bowl winning team. Week 8 for this organization is not figure it out time. Yes I get what happened in 2016 but as we found out that wasn’t enough either. To date the Falcons in that year historically speaking was a fluke much like ‘98. They have to win one to get that type of credit in my opinion. I’m not a pessimist either and I believe in the potential of this team but at this point of my fandom I’m taking a hard line. Show me. 

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

When it comes to being Super Bowl contenders, many of the national pundits have started  mentioning the Falcons in that group as we go into training camp this year.  

Everyone in the world knows you have to play it out on the field, but so does every other team mentioned in that group at this point.

All teams currently being grouped in by pundits at this point as Super Bowl contenders at this point have question marks. Some fans never talk about the Saints question marks, they just talk about ours. They drafted a center in the middle of second round that will have to start, that's an EPIC SIZE question mark. They have huge question marks at LB and DL just to name a few.

That’s good. Makes me happy to read this. I’m saying prove it early in the season. Which is tough sledding on paper. I don’t want to be waiting for it like we were last year thinking Cleveland or any team in the AFC was a cakewalk only to see them fail. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Ah, I love Falcons Offseason.  

The first football game I ever watched start to finish, was a 62-7 humiliation that the Atlanta Falcons put on the New Orifice Saints.  

I figured, 'Shoot!  We must be the best team in the history of sports! This sh*t is easy!'

We finished 3-11 or something bad like that.  Maybe it was actually 6-8 but you get my drift. 

So...I'm sitting this here 2019 thread out....

….starting now I mean.  

:tiphat:

To be clear, I meant just this THREAD...not the whole board.  I can't quit the board.  I won't quit the board.  You can't make me quit the board.  

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I will know by week 8....I like your optimism though...

Unless we like 2-6 or worse, week 8 isn’t a great indicator. I’d say like Week 12-13 unless it’s clear we’re not contenders(although I hope that doesn’t happen). 

I knew in preseason of 2016 that we were going to have a prolific offense.

There was a collective meltdown on this message board after we played Miami in our 3rd preseason game and Ryan went 3 and out on two consecutive drives. It was during that meltdown I started that "FALCONS WILL HAVE A PROLIFIC OFFENSE"  thread.

We ended up making NFL history with #7 in points and dam near won the Super Bowl.  Don't tell me you can't make some reasonable assumptions at this point.

Now, I am not that confident yet, I still need to see a few things shake out, but let it be known we have a very legitimate chance at going all the way this year. Other teams do too, so don't distort my point. I need to see our OL gel, I need to see our secondary  play some regular season games, I need to see Freeman back to his old self, but the QB, the impact plyers, the talent and coaching is all in place. I'm nowhere near as concerned about our DL as others here are. Our secondary is far more an unknown. 

mqg96, Vandy, VTCrunkler and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

All teams currently being grouped in by pundits as Super Bowl contenders at this point have question marks. Some fans never talk about the Saints question marks, they just talk about ours. They drafted a center in the middle of second round that will have to start, that's an EPIC SIZE question mark. They have huge question marks at LB and DL just to name a few.

What are the Patriots biggest question marks?

VTCrunkler likes this

4 hours ago, AustFalcon said:

There will not be a single game we go into this year which we cannot win. Some games might not go our way but we should be expecting to win every week, including the SB.

We are even capable of beating the Patriots. The super bowl is in Miami and the Patriots have bad luck in Miami. :)

FalconsIn2012 and VTCrunkler like this

Every year I always feel good too, but this year I do hope we do what we are supposed to do and win our first Lombardi with Julio and Ryan 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:42 PM, Falconer89 said:

In the process I believe we will sweep the Saints, and outscore them 80-30 in both games. This feels like a magical season is upon us.

Anybody else feel we are close to winning it all?

Yeah, then I realized that feeling was indigestion. 

7 hours ago, ironkobe said:

Lol y’all talking crazy this team is barely a wildcard team at best

This is time of year every fan should be optimistic. But to say your opinion is any more realistic is just as crazy. At this point no one knows what we are as a team and we won’t until actual games get played. Myself, I’d prefer to optimistic rather than pessimistic until I have a clearer picture. 

We will go 1-4 in pre-season, TATF goes crazy talking about how bad we suck, then we go on a rampage during regular season, get the #2 seed, win the SB, and the same people on TATF that were saying we sucked after going 1-4 in pre-season say they knew it all along that we were going to win the SB...

On 6/16/2019 at 8:06 PM, hjerry said:

I'll have some of whatever you're on

Nah... 

That $hit seems lethal or at least mind destroying. :lol:

55 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

10-6. Lose in Divisional @ Eagles..again.

No, our home game vs the Eagles will be the only time you play them. Beat the Eagles, then you have a shot of making the playoffs and you’ll probably have a higher seed than the Eagles. Lose at home to the Eagles, you’re missing postseason, cause 2003 and 2009 home losses to the Eagles led to missing the playoffs.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:46 AM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We are even capable of beating the Patriots. The super bowl is in Miami and the Patriots have bad luck in Miami. :)

Patriots won’t even be there....

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Patriots won’t even be there....

If they do, anyone questioning Brady & Belichick as the unquestioned GOAT’s in professional sports history can exit left.

The Patriots roster in 2016, 2017 & 2018 was solid, not great.  Ours has been significantly better each year.  The 2019 Patriots roster is literally average.  

My theory on quality depth being more important than superstar talent will be tested this year.

Vandy likes this

On 6/16/2019 at 7:42 PM, Falconer89 said:

In the process I believe we will sweep the Saints, and outscore them 80-30 in both games. This feels like a magical season is upon us.

Anybody else feel we are close to winning it all?

Top 7 D

Top 4 O

LIV - W