Tim Mazetti

Interesting Article On Hageman's Role On The Crowded DL.

111 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I haven’t gone gazoo, but I did see some good things out of Hageman down the stretch in 2016. And quinn said in preseason ‘17 hageman was playing his best ball.

With that said, my best hope is he becomes part of our rotation as our #4 DT. 

Dominatrix, LOL....I may be the only one in here who loves your names for these guys....:)

I'm pulling for him too. I hope yall are right. It would be a pleasant surprise. I'm just trying to get rest bro. At this point I don't see the beast. Won't be shocked if they cut him. I would say he was a wasted pick but that was a turrible draft class. In hindsight we probably should have packaged that pick in a trade up, or for a vet player that knows how to play NFL Football.

Yo_Lover and Vandy like this

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm pulling for him too. I hope yall are right. It would be a pleasant surprise. I'm just trying to get rest bro. At this point I don't see the beast. Won't be shocked if they cut him. I would say he was a wasted pick but that was a turrible draft class. In hindsight we probably should have packaged that pick in a trade up, or for a vet player that knows how to play NFL Football.

Same.

i wanted Kony Ealy with that pick, so what did I know. 

Hageman is poised to have a great year for us. His presence allows us to Keep Grady and Jack fresh for pass rush although Grady will play most snaps anyway. T. Davidson is our run stuffer but he and Hage make up a brutally strong interior. 

There is obvious space for him. We kept 5 DTs in 2016 if im not mistaken. What I want to see is if D. Senat can hold on to his spot. Grady, Jack, and Tyler seem locked in. Clayborn and Cominsky will play DT at times with Cominsky transitioning more fulltime DT duty. Hageman has the leg up on Senat but Senat flashed potential last year as well. Its a great problem to have. 

I want Hageman to be a success. He has more talent than anyone on the DL. Lets hope his film study and conditioning meet his talent and ability this year. 

Tim Mazetti, Vandy and gazoo like this

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Same.

**** those Mizzou rushers

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Same.

The draft is a crapshoot. Us Armchair GMs only have YouTube and stat sites for prep. Dimi has that plus senior bowls, combines, pro days, workouts, physicals, interviews, character analysis, tons of tape, hundreds of mocks, friendly trade partner GMs, scouting staff, four ex-GMs and more. With all that, he took Haggleman with the 37th pick in the second round of that draft. I had Morgan Moses there. Not great but probably would have been a better scenario. A bookend with Bloodline that was better than Shredder. 

Vandy likes this

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, falconsd56 said:

Him on the edge in passing situations is not ideal....but him on the edge in run situations is not a bad option

As long as he has can seal the edge. 

falconsd56 likes this

On 6/18/2019 at 0:10 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Watched the game again just to make sure. Also checked NFL.com, ESPN and profootballreference and dude had zero hits in that game. Only in a blind homeristical Gazoo Osiruz world. 

He impacted the playoffs in one game, the NFC Championship.  He was a wrecking ball in that game.  Other than that he was just a guy in the Falcons rotation.  Jackson & Babineaux were just as good for us in the playoff run

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He impacted the playoffs in one game, the NFC Championship.  He was a wrecking ball in that game.  Other than that he was just a guy in the Falcons rotation.  Jackson & Babineaux were just as good for us in the playoff run

So you admit Hageman was as impactful as Grady Jarrett in our 2016 playoff and Super Bowl run and Yo abs FFS70 both agree by way of their like in your post.

Sounds like many of you have finally come around to admitting just how good Hageman was playing as good as one of the best DTs in the NFL after his first  two years steep in the development curve and he broke out in middle of his third season. 

I’m excited we are getting the 3rd year Hageman and not the rookie and second year Hageman. Same with Roddy White and Patrick Kerney who also broke out their 3rd season and went on to pro bowls

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

So you admit Hageman was as impactful as Grady Jarrett in our 2016 playoff and Super Bowl run and Yo abs FFS70 both agree by way of their like in your post.

Sounds like many of you have finally come around to admitting just how good Hageman was playing as good as one of the best DTs in the NFL after his diet two years steep in the development curve and he broke out in middle of his third season. 

I’m excited we are getting the 3rd year Hageman and not the rookie and second year Hageman. Same with Roddy White and Patrick Kerney who also broke out their 3rd season and went on to pro bowls

Man you love to put words in people's mouths.

Hags is nowhere near Grady. And he's definitely not anywhere close to "playing as good as one of the best DT's in football."

You're clueless. I'll be excited when you no longer post here. But then again some other stain will take your place.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:33 AM, thamill said:

As long as he has can seal the edge. 

Holding up at the line has never been the problem...his inconsistent penetration and motor was the issue.

He has always done a good job of occupying an offensive lineman or 2

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Holding up at the line has never been the problem...his inconsistent penetration and motor was the issue.

He has always done a good job of occupying an offensive lineman or 2

This is typically how raw, undeveloped but highly promising young players like Hageman develop. You’ll see flashes but their play will be inconsistent in stretches as they learn their craft. Then at some point they will break out, often in their 3rd season.

We all know Hageman was considered a project with high upside. Not sure why so many find his inconsistent surprising, I expected it. 

Thank goodness we are not getting the raw, developing Hageman, we are getting the already developed Hageman we saw break out in late 2016 playoff run.

Heck,  even his critics are now saying  he played as well as Grady Jarrett in 2016 playoff run . I’d say Hageman was our 2nd best DT, just behind Grady but definitely in front of Babs.