Davis to Lakers

FalconsIn2012

16 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

That's a deal you had to make if you were the Lakers IMO. Lebron and AD is going to be a nightmare for defenses. Kuzma is decent too. It was a lot, but I think it was the right call

I think both teams win.

4th overall pick plus two future 1st round picks along with Ball, Ingram & Hart is a haul

So New Orleans get the the #1 pick and the #4 pick out of the lottery and they get Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and Josh Hart. LSU has 2 national championships. The Saints have a Super Bowl. The Pelicans while they're rebuilding, might get ahead of the Hawks faster as of now. 

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

So New Orleans get the the #1 pick and the #4 pick out of the lottery and they get Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and Josh Hart. LSU has 2 national championships. The Saints have a Super Bowl. The Pelicans while they're rebuilding, might get ahead of the Hawks faster as of now. 

Not a great draft to have two top 4 picks IMO.  I don’t even think Zion is a generational talent.  

17 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Kuzma AD and Bron gives them an awesome front court!

Meh......

It depend on does Lebron stay playing like the Lebron we all know. He will be 34, but 1000 years old based on basketball mileage.

Lebron and his level of play throughout the season and postseason will be the biggest factor. They will also need another star unless Pelinka works magic(no pun intended).

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Meh......

It depend on does Lebron stay playing like the Lebron we all know. He will be 34, but 1000 years old based on basketball mileage.

Lebron and his level of play throughout the season and postseason will be the biggest factor. They will also need another star unless Pelinka works magic(no pun intended).

It think this move will energize him and AD.  LeBron works better with veterans.  You see how they are basically there core young players as well as giving up 3 firsts.  They are in win now mode! 

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Unless the Pelicans trade the pick.

They are going to be very tight on the cap with these 3 guys plus 2 top-5 picks, so it’s possible they need to unload a guy or two and move back a bit in this draft. 

So it’s possible, but if they are willing to go into the lux tax, then there’s not a real reason too. 

1 minute ago, Beef said:

They are going to be very tight on the cap with these 3 guys plus 2 top-5 picks, so it’s possible they need to unload a guy or two and move back a bit in this draft. 

So it’s possible, but if they are willing to go into the lux tax, then there’s not a real reason too. 

And that is where the Hawks come in.......

6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

It think this move will energize him and AD.  LeBron works better with veterans.  You see how they are basically there core young players as well as giving up 3 firsts.  They are in win now mode! 

Yeah, but I don't see them getting by with Rondo, Stephenson and other cheap vets like that as they tried to last season.

Pelinka is going to have some work to do.

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

N.O. cleaned up...:(

There could be no doubt.  Short term, maybe LA can win a title in a 3 year window.  

Long term: Pelicans gave up a superstar to become relevant again.  3 quality players plus 3 1st rounders...that’s chess, my friend.  

A rare win-win trade

32 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

There could be no doubt.  Short term, maybe LA can win a title in a 3 year window.  

Long term: Pelicans gave up a superstar to become relevant again.  3 quality players plus 3 1st rounders...that’s chess, my friend.  

A rare win-win trade

I might be one of the few doubters of L.A. improving.  The reason is I believe Lebron James is done. You lose it quick in basketball. Last year he didn't even play defense. Yeah, he averaged 27 points a game but the drop off comes quick.  The Lakers will be decent but they gonna eventually miss those draft picks.  THEN, the elephant in the room is Davis might bounce after next year on them...:lol: