Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Will the Falcons win the NFCS - The breakfast table discuss the possibility

81 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Agreed, and for good reason.  He's closing in on 10k pass attempts (almost 9800) , currently 2nd to Favre, the only player in NFL history with 10k.   

Wow, didn't know he's attempted that many passes. He likely passes 10k by week 8.

kschreck likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 2:15 PM, RichardCNile said:

It will be a slobber-knocker from Nov - December.  6 div games in 6 weeks, We play saints 2x in less than 3 weeks.  2nd game is in Turkey day

Falcons will be feasting on Roasted Stank Rump on Turkey day. The talking sports heads will all be stuttering and stammering and wringing their hands and trying vainly to understand wtf just happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, ya_boi_j said:

IMHO, I think it’s between the Saints and Falcons this season. Tampa is on the rise but need Winston to play good. Carolina depends on Cams health 

Meh, Tampa is always on the rise.  I'm not saying they won't take the next step, only I'm in "show me" mode.

Carolina is always a threat if Cam and the defense are healthy, and while I think the Saints are due a setback, that's probably wishful thinking on my part.  

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Meh, Tampa is always on the rise.  I'm not saying they won't take the next step, only I'm in "show me" mode.

Carolina is always a threat if Cam and the defense are healthy, and while I think the Saints are due a setback, that's probably wishful thinking on my part.  

If your QB isn't worth a dam, your team most likely isn't going to be worth a ****. Tampa has been building in the draft, especially defensively. They have some very nice pieces on the defensive side of the ball but have no superstars but overall they're only as good as they're QB takes them. McCoy makes the Panthers Dline better but overall their defense doesn't deserve the same hype that it did years ago. The Saints have one of the best defensive front 7's in the league with a questionable secondary. Their offense proved last year that they can be productive as a 3 man show. Until teams prove that wrong, they're the biggest competition right now.

JDaveG and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If your QB isn't worth a dam, your team most likely isn't going to be worth a ****. Tampa has been building in the draft, especially defensively. They have some very nice pieces on the defensive side of the ball but have no superstars but overall they're only as good as they're QB takes them. McCoy makes the Panthers Dline better but overall their defense doesn't deserve the same hype that it did years ago. The Saints have one of the best defensive front 7's in the league with a questionable secondary. Their offense proved last year that they can be productive as a 3 man show. Until teams prove that wrong, they're the biggest competition right now.

Re: Tampa, that's exactly right.  And I would never bet against Bruce Arians getting the most out of his QB, and Winston is undeniably talented.  I just see them as a perpetual "they're right on the cusp" team, but they never manage to finalize the transition to the other side.

ya_boi_j and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Re: Tampa, that's exactly right.  And I would never bet against Bruce Arians getting the most out of his QB, and Winston is undeniably talented.  I just see them as a perpetual "they're right on the cusp" team, but they never manage to finalize the transition to the other side.

Like you said JDave, new sheriff in town in Bruce Arians. If he gets Winston playing up to potential (a big if, but still), they will be this year’s surprise team. 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

I smell a closet Aint's fan! How soon we forget, as for the  worst call in the history of the NFL what about SF's Bowman riding Roddy like a beech in heat with his arms pinned to his body at the end of the 2012 NFC Championship Game? All that B.S. about Bree's barely losing out to Mahonnes in MVP voting. What about your hero HOFer Bree's AFTER the P.I. call throwing up a air ball for a Int. because his noodle arm couldn't throw it out of bounds.

It's ok to be a Aint's fan I guess but its weird as he!! to do so while calling yourself Atl Falcon on the Falcons message board.

WTF? I’m not an Aints fan at all, and didn’t see anything ATL said in any of his posts to justify calling him such an ugly name. Shame on you! :ninja: 

Some of you guys need to get a grip and quit being so defensive on these contrary non-100% homer viewpoints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

WTF? I’m not an Aints fan at all, and didn’t see anything ATL said in any of his posts to justify calling him such an ugly name. Shame on you! :ninja: 

Some of you guys need to get a grip on these contrary non-100% homer viewpoints. 

I hope the Panthers go 0-16 and the Saints 2-14....I live near Charlotte and never had a good experience in my trips to NO. Plus NO fans are the most obnoxious in the NFL. The bad PI call that cost em gm vs the Rams was karma IMO and we all know why. I enjoyed their misery.

I just give credit where credit is due. Brees, regardless if you like him or not is one of the greatest of all time. Just seems to me the haters have been saying he’s aged out and done for years now.  I wouldn’t count him or that raggedy as arm out until it falls off. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I hope the Panthers go 0-16 and the Saints 2-14....I live near Charlotte and never had a good experience in my trips to NO. Plus NO fans are the most obnoxious in the NFL. The bad PI call that cost em gm vs the Rams was karma IMO and we all know why. I enjoyed their misery.

I just give credit where credit is due. Brees, regardless if you like him or not is one of the greatest of all time. Just seems to me the haters have been saying he’s aged out and done for years now.  I wouldn’t count him or that raggedy as arm out until it falls off. 

I don’t like him or anything/anyone else aints related. But to your point:

http://www.blackandgoldreview.com/2017/10/20/andy-benoit-truth-drew-brees-arm-strength

Atl Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I don’t like him or anything/anyone else aints related. But to your point:

http://www.blackandgoldreview.com/2017/10/20/andy-benoit-truth-drew-brees-arm-strength

That’s all I’m saying and proof ^ right there that the haters have been saying that for yrs. now. I just want to see it....I think some folks have been hoping it would happen. The reality is it has not happened to this point and as much as we hate the Saints... some people have a hard time dealing with the truth. I guess it will happen some day in the future and the same for Brady. 

Thanks for sharing the article.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

What about your hero HOFer Bree's AFTER the P.I. call throwing up a air ball for a Int. because his noodle arm couldn't throw it out of bounds.

The ball went up and off-target because he was hit in the face during the throw.

If his noodle arm was as bad as you're claiming, he wouldn't have completed a pass that traveled ~52 yards in the air 3 plays before the no-call.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

The ball went up and off-target because he was hit in the face during the throw.

If his noodle arm was as bad as you're claiming, he wouldn't have completed a pass that traveled ~52 yards in the air 3 plays before the no-call.

Biggest reason Brees especially and Brady still playing into their 40’s is their near flawless mechanics when throwing the ball.

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Biggest reason Brees especially and Brady still playing into their 40’s is their near flawless mechanics when throwing the ball.

Certainly agree. That combined with the meticulous care and effort they put into maintaining their bodies through the offseason and recovery/regenerative methods between games during the season.

Atl Falcon and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Biggest reason Brees especially and Brady still playing into their 40’s is their near flawless mechanics when throwing the ball.

That’s part of it...have you ever read Tom Brady’s book The TB12 Method? It’s incredible the things he does for his body with diet and flexibility...it’s an unbelievable commitment. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Certainly agree. That combined with the meticulous care and effort they put into maintaining their bodies through the offseason and recovery/regenerative methods between games during the season.

Brees is a fitness freak, yes? I read somewhere he does navy seal-type workouts? 

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

That’s part of it...have you ever read Tom Brady’s book The TB12 Method? It’s incredible the things he does for his body with diet and flexibility...it’s an unbelievable commitment. 

I’ve read just excerpts, but I will get to it eventually......I’m kind of a fitness and nutrition freak myself, always looking for ways to get a little bit better.....

Iron Saint and Atl Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 11:25 PM, Iron Saint said:

Welcome to the club, this is the 2nd year in a row we've had to do that. We had to play the Panthers twice in less than 2 weeks last year with the 9-6-1 Steelers sandwiched in between in Week 15-17.

I personally think that they should schedule the last four games of each half of the season as the division games, give time in between so maybe if a key player was out they might be back for the second game 

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Vandy said:

Brees is a fitness freak, yes? I read somewhere he does navy seal-type workouts? 

I’ve read just excerpts, but I will get to it eventually......I’m kind of a fitness and nutrition freak myself, always looking for ways to get a little bit better.....

I'd certainly define him as a fitness freak. He has previously trained with Navy SEALs on I believe a USO tour to Guantanamo Bay and took some of those workouts and incorporated them into his own, including the usage of TRX (a suspension strap system designed by SEALs that use your body weight and gravity as resistance) of which he's a huge advocate and will do nearly every day, even during the season.

Here's a video that 'Men's Journal' did of Brees' trainer, Todd Durkin, detailing some of the 2-3 hour workouts Brees will do 5 days a week throughout the offseason that keep him in optimal shape by the time OTA's, minicamp, and training camp roll around. As a result, he typically dominates everyone on the team in the conditioning test year after year.

And here's another fun little article I saw: 3 Exercises That Have Kept Drew Brees Ageless

4 hours ago, papachaz said:

I personally think that they should schedule the last four games of each half of the season as the division games, give time in between so maybe if a key player was out they might be back for the second game 

I think you mean the last 3 games of each half the season? Since there are only 6 total divisional games, but I certainly agree and would welcome that for the reason you pointed out. I like that the last few weeks of the season are typically divisional games, but to have them clustered like that is a bit too much. Like last year, 2 of our first 3 games were division contests as were 4 of our last 6. We had a 7-game stretch where we had no division games.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

I'd certainly define him as a fitness freak. He has previously trained with Navy SEALs on I believe a USO tour to Guantanamo Bay and took some of those workouts and incorporated them into his own, including the usage of TRX (a suspension strap system designed by SEALs that use your body weight and gravity as resistance) of which he's a huge advocate and will do nearly every day, even during the season.

Here's a video that 'Men's Journal' did of Brees' trainer, Todd Durkin, detailing some of the 2-3 hour workouts Brees will do 5 days a week throughout the offseason that keep him in optimal shape by the time OTA's, minicamp, and training camp roll around. As a result, he typically dominates everyone on the team in the conditioning test year after year.

And here's another fun little article I saw: 3 Exercises That Have Kept Drew Brees Ageless

I think you mean the last 3 games of each half the season? Since there are only 6 total divisional games, but I certainly agree and would welcome that for the reason you pointed out. I like that the last few weeks of the season are typically divisional games, but to have them clustered like that is a bit too much. Like last year, 2 of our first 3 games were division contests as were 4 of our last 6. We had a 7-game stretch where we had no division games.

Why don't you post this crap about your classless QB who plays for the dirtiest organization in the NFL (see * next to 2009) on the mentally challenged Aint's board? No one on this message board gives a rats a$$ about old man Bree's with the exception of a few Aints nut huggers posing as Falcon fans on our Falcons message board, velocity is gone it won't be long now, just ask Peyton Manning.

Go ahead and submit your video's to Dunkin Donuts if old Bree's the great fitness freak (is that a birthmark or his undeveloped twin brother located on his face) can become their spokesman since both franchise's depend on dinkin and dunkin!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

Why don't you post this crap about your classless QB who plays for the dirtiest organization in the NFL (see * next to 2009) on the mentally challenged Aint's board? No one on this message board gives a rats a$$ about old man Bree's with the exception of a few Aints nut huggers posing as Falcon fans on our Falcons message board, velocity is gone it won't be long now, just ask Peyton Manning.

Go ahead and submit your video's to Dunkin Donuts if old Bree's the great fitness freak (is that a birthmark or his undeveloped twin brother located on his face) can become their spokesman since both franchise's depend on dinkin and dunkin!

Okay, first of all, who hurt you as a child? Seriously, no one should have this much pain bottled up. It's not healthy. Get some help, please.

Second of all, you need to learn how to properly use apostrophes. "Videos" in that sense doesn't need an apostrophe, neither does "Brees" and even when it does in the form of possession, the proper way is after the S since his name ends in S.

Example: Brees' workouts made you angry for some odd reason.

Third of all, no one asked you to participate in the conversation about Brees. Vandy, Atl Falcon, and I were all having a civil discussion about workouts before you ignorantly barged in with your inane opinion that no one here asked for, nor wanted. Sit down and let the adults talk if you don't have anything of value to add to the discussion.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Okay, first of all, who hurt you as a child? Seriously, no one should have this much pain bottled up. It's not healthy. Get some help, please.

Second of all, you need to learn how to properly use apostrophes. "Videos" in that sense doesn't need an apostrophe, neither does "Brees" and even when it does in the form of possession, the proper way is after the S since his name ends in S.

Example: Brees' workouts made you angry for some odd reason.

Third of all, no one asked you to participate in the conversation about Brees. Vandy, Atl Falcon, and I were all having a civil discussion about workouts before you ignorantly barged in with your inane opinion that no one here asked for, nor wanted. Sit down and let the adults talk if you don't have anything of value to add to the discussion.

I'm old enough to eat cornbread without getting choked. Is that the best you can do? Thanks for the English lesson most Louisiana inbreeds can't do it! Is your life so pitiful you have to troll other teams message boards looking for pals? The Aint's board has probably banned you for life for acting like a d!ck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

I'm old enough to eat cornbread without getting choked. Is that the best you can do? Thanks for the English lesson most Louisiana inbreeds can't do it! Is your life so pitiful you have to troll other teams message boards looking for pals? The Aint's board has probably banned you for life for acting like a d!ck.

I think you may want to leave this one alone. Iron Saint is one of the better Saints fans that visit this board. We don't have to agree with each other on anything but I'll give respect where it is deserved.

Ovie_Lover and Iron Saint like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think you may want to leave this one alone. Iron Saint is one of the better Saints fans that visit this board. We don't have to agree with each other on anything but I'll give respect where it is deserved.

He started talking smack to me first...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:34 PM, Iron Saint said:

The ball went up and off-target because he was hit in the face during the throw.

If his noodle arm was as bad as you're claiming, he wouldn't have completed a pass that traveled ~52 yards in the air 3 plays before the no-call.

 

1 minute ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

He started talking smack to me first...

Unless I missed something, I don't think this is that bad but i'll leave it alone and let you do what you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 8:35 AM, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

I'm old enough to eat cornbread without getting choked. Is that the best you can do? Thanks for the English lesson most Louisiana inbreeds can't do it! Is your life so pitiful you have to troll other teams message boards looking for pals? The Aint's board has probably banned you for life for acting like a d!ck.

Nah, I can do far better, it's just not worth the effort; this is essentially like pistol whipping a blind kid.

And I was discussing fitness routines (the very post you quoted me in) before you came back with those weak insults. When I originally quoted you, that's what's known as a "fact check", I don't need to troll. When I'm going to start throwing down smack, you'll definitely know. And nope, I'm still active on Saints Report, Carolina Huddle, Pewter Report, and a handful of other teams' forums.

I do love cornbread though.

tenor.gif?itemid=10583032

Oh, and it's inbreds, not inbreeds. Inbred is a noun (person, place, thing, or idea), inbreed is a verb (an action).

:lol:

On 6/20/2019 at 8:42 AM, ya_boi_j said:

I think you may want to leave this one alone. Iron Saint is one of the better Saints fans that visit this board. We don't have to agree with each other on anything but I'll give respect where it is deserved.

Likewise, good sir!

:tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0