Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Do you think the Hawks are interested in Bol Bol?

38 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, therawest said:

I don’t think the hawks will draft him, but if he gets with the right team he will prove everyone wrong. Personally, I would definitely take him with 17 if he is still there. 

I think someone will but I see him probably going early 2nd.  

10 hours ago, therawest said:

If I am correct, those evaluations were developed before he went to college. I watched every single game he played in college...and he DOMINATED, completly contradicting the weaknesses above. Albeit a small sample size, the arrow is still pointing up. 

Is this a joke my man? Lol. 

I just showed those exact things.....from Bol Bol in college haha. 

Absolutely nothing on that weakness list was contradicted. 

It's cool to be biased for a player. I do it with Brandon Clarke. But don't just act like reality is fiction. I literally just said the exact same things as that scouting report and I promise you I wasn't basing that off of high school lol. 

13 hours ago, WOR said:

Is this a joke my man? Lol. 

I just showed those exact things.....from Bol Bol in college haha. 

Absolutely nothing on that weakness list was contradicted. 

It's cool to be biased for a player. I do it with Brandon Clarke. But don't just act like reality is fiction. I literally just said the exact same things as that scouting report and I promise you I wasn't basing that off of high school lol. 

Trust me I don’t disagree with his potential weaknesses. I just don’t know if he can overcome them, which is why I started the topic. If the hawks can look past that and they are interested I would trust them, otherwise I'm good.  They are either hiding their interest in him or are not interested at all, because I haven’t seen any articles on their interest. 

WOR likes this

On 6/14/2019 at 9:42 PM, therawest said:

I don’t think the hawks will draft him, but if he gets with the right team he will prove everyone wrong. Personally, I would definitely take him with 17 if he is still there. 

He is such a liability in transition.  I just can’t see he and Trae on the court together.  This team has enough scorers.  It needs complementary pieces who can defend and knock sown 3’s.  

On 6/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

He is such a liability in transition.  I just can’t see he and Trae on the court together.  This team has enough scorers.  It needs complementary pieces who can defend and knock sown 3’s.  

The only thing that worries me about him is his desire and durability. If those things aren’t issues for him in the nba, he will be really good. 

They never were:

"I don’t know how many times I can say this, but there was zero interest in Bol. None. One of the executives came up to me a few weeks before the draft and asked me why several outlets were projecting the Hawks to draft him, and he made it very clear during that talk how the front office felt about being linked to Bol. Schlenk was at Bol’s pro day workout, but there was never interest in him. Those agency workouts are a good place for GMs to be around other GMs and scouts and get more info about other players.

blkbigdog35 likes this

On 6/27/2019 at 4:38 PM, jayu70 said:

They never were:

"I don’t know how many times I can say this, but there was zero interest in Bol. None. One of the executives came up to me a few weeks before the draft and asked me why several outlets were projecting the Hawks to draft him, and he made it very clear during that talk how the front office felt about being linked to Bol. Schlenk was at Bol’s pro day workout, but there was never interest in him. Those agency workouts are a good place for GMs to be around other GMs and scouts and get more info about other players.

Well that answers my question. He was there but the interest was Low. I’ll be watching bols development and hope Schlenk was right. I do like Bruno though. 

24 minutes ago, therawest said:

Well that answers my question. He was there but the interest was Low. I’ll be watching bols development and hope Schlenk was right. I do like Bruno though. 

Word is his medicals were scary. Besides the foot injury he had, his knees were also a concern.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, jayu70 said:

Word is his medicals were scary. Besides the foot injury he had, his knees were also a concern.

Wow. I was mostly concerned about all the weight he lost after he got injured. His medical must have been really bad. It’s a shame, the guy is Super talented. 

Bol Bol update....word is Denver will be signing him to a 2W GLeague Contract.

From top 10 pick to a two way? WOW!  I feel for the kid - his medicals must REALLY be bad.

Update:

Bol Bol remains out following foot surgery with no timetable to return.
This news was discovered during the first media conference of the day, with Bol Bol saying he will need a little longer to recover and there’s no set date for him to begin playing 5 on 5 again.