Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
therawest

Do you think the Hawks are interested in Bol Bol?

37 posts in this topic

Bol Bol had a invite only work out and 30 teams were  there but only 5 GMs. I wonder if Schlenk was one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beef said:

Holy ish that was impressive. 

He’s definitely trying to make a case why he should be a potential late lottery to mid first round pick.

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

That is the tallest skeleton I've ever seen.

Yeah man he looks fragile also.  He needs to bulk up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

He’s definitely trying to make a case why he should be a potential late lottery to mid first round pick.

Yeah man he looks fragile also.  He needs to bulk up.

It's not even just his weight. His proportions are all whacked out too. 

His waist is high af and his legs are super long. Those things are gonna snap like a long stick every time he lands funny or gets undercut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WOR said:

It's not even just his weight. His proportions are all whacked out too. 

His waist is high af and his legs are super long. Those things are gonna snap like a long stick every time he lands funny or gets undercut. 

No doubt I just hope he’s not on the Hawks radar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

No doubt I just hope he’s not on the Hawks radar!

When I try to imagine Bol Bol in the NBA I ignore the high school ranking and his dad and picture just how murdered Andre Drummond would leave the albino Bol Bol. I find that it helps lol.

This is what Bol Bols 207 pound *** is gonna look like. He gon die.

 

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WOR said:

When I try to imagine Bol Bol in the NBA I ignore the high school ranking and his dad and picture just how murdered Andre Drummond would leave the albino Bol Bol. I find that it helps lol.

This is what Bol Bols 207 pound *** is gonna look like. He gon die.

 

:lol:dude is literally to light in the *** to be playing!  He better put on some weight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know man, I think people are picturing him as a traditional bang down low center. Those people don’t really exist anymore and the ones that do aren’t winning any games. 

I picture him as an off ball shot blocker/rim protector on defense and a stretch 5 that can help spread the floor. His fragility is a legit concern, but I think he’s worth the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, WOR said:

When I try to imagine Bol Bol in the NBA I ignore the high school ranking and his dad and picture just how murdered Andre Drummond would leave the albino Bol Bol. I find that it helps lol.

This is what Bol Bols 207 pound *** is gonna look like. He gon die.

 

Not saying I want Bol........but Manute Bol was 200lbs and played in an era of more physical basketball vs the likes of Rick Mahorn and Charles Barkley and survived for 10 years.

Bol Bol will be a 5 on offense and will more than likely play the 4 on defense and be a weakside shot blocker.

 

And yeah....Bol moves nothing like that dude.:D

 

Edited by jayu70
datboilando and therawest like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, therawest said:

I don’t know man, I think people are picturing him as a traditional bang down low center. Those people don’t really exist anymore and the ones that do aren’t winning any games. 

I picture him as an off ball shot blocker/rim protector on defense and a stretch 5 that can help spread the floor. His fragility is a legit concern, but I think he’s worth the risk. 

1. He cant switch. Like, ever. His hips are so **** high that he cant stay in front of anyone. He was getting ROASTED by unathletic white people on Iowa lol. 

2. The NBA is still physical af. Dude is literally the same weight as Jamaal Murray. Hes going to get tossed around like a ragdoll. Bol Bol might be the easiest player to attack the second he comes into the league. MAYBE a few guards worse than him, but its a debate. Just push him out of the way. You cant block shots from under the basket. Did you see that play where Kawhi just tossed Looney and broke his ribs? Yeah, imagine that like every play lol.

3. Good luck getting a rebound when JJ Reddick is stronger than you.

Hes going to have to have the greatest block % in the history of the league to be able to stay on the floor. The NBA is too smart to just give in to someone who is long,sure, but literally cant do anything else defensively. You can find plenty of bigs in this league that can shoot and wont give up buckets like theyre going out of style. 

 

A team would have infinitely more success just playing Grant Williams at center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Not saying I want Bol........but Manute Bol was 200lbs and played in an era of more physical basketball vs the likes of Rick Mahorn and Charles Barkley and survived for 10 years.

Bol Bol will be a 5 on offense and will more than likely play the 4 on defense and be a weakside shot blocker.

 

And yeah....Bol moves nothing like that dude.:D

 

Manute Bol didnt play in an era that requires big men to move. 

They will find him. And they will attack straight at him. You cant just "hide" somebody *that* bad.

I dont understand how yall have faith that the NBA wont be able to figure something out that even Iowa knew lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t think you can have Bol and Trae on the court together.  The defensive liability is too great.  Bol May block some shots, but he can’t switch effectively and is a poor on-ball defender who will get backed down easily on the block.  His lateral limitations mean he also struggles as a help defender.

He just isn’t a good fit for the Hawks IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Grr. This is the only video I can find at the moment. He literally cant turn lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt Hawks have any interest in Bol... I am hearing that Hawks may have promised Nic Claxton at #17 and we may be looking to trade up in the draft using our 2nd round picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A little better. You can see some of what Im talking about. Sure, the shot blocking is there. But hes struggling to rebound over a guy who is 6'8 225. Hes easy to box out or You can just run around him because he has no agility. Hes also slow off the floor.

He has zero ability to close out. Like, thats the worst Ive ever seen from a player lol. Anyone that sees him running and just shoots the ball deserves a spot on the bench lol. 

He cannot function in any kind of space. Whatsoever. Youd have to plop him right outside the paint and tell him not to move unless someone gets close enough to block a shot. So youre playing 4 on 5 at that point. 

All you would have to do every time he comes on the floor is go super small and just tell your entire team to chillax at the 3 point line. Somebody is gonna get an open shot because you have a guy that seriously cant handle *anything* on the perimeter(4 on 5) or someone will get a lane to just go right around Bol. 

Or. Just get him into a Pick and Roll situation. Either somebody can get behind him without any issue or he wont get up enough to stop something like a Trae Young floater. 

Or part dues, just dump the ball down low and let someone butt check his *** 4 feet away from the rim like #55(The 6'8" guy) did.

Again, hes going to have to be literally the most efficient player on offense and block% weve ever seen, or NBA coaches will play him straight off the floor. This was Houston. A good team, but one that doesnt have a lot of NBA talent. 

 

(Extra: None of this even mentions that his awareness is dookie, which is a whole other can of worms)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WOR said:

 

A little better. You can see some of what Im talking about. Sure, the shot blocking is there. But hes struggling to rebound over a guy who is 6'8 225. Hes easy to box out. You can just run around him because he has no agility. 

He has zero ability to close out. Like, thats the worst Ive ever seen from a player lol. Anyone that sees him running and just shoots the ball deserves a spot on the bench lol. 

He cannot function in any kind of space. Whatsoever. Youd have to plop him right outside the paint and tell him not to move unless someone gets close enough to block a shot. So youre playing 4 on 5 at that point. 

All you would have to do every time he comes on the floor is go super small and just tell your entire team to chillax at the 3 point line. Somebody is gonna get an open shot or someone will get a lane to just go right around Bol. 

Or. Just get him into a Pick and Roll situation. Either somebody can get behind him without any issue or he wont get up enough to stop something like a Trae Young floater. 

Or part dues, just dump the ball down low and let someone butt check his *** 4 feet away from the rim like #55(The 6'8" guy) did.

Again, hes going to have to be literally the most efficient player on offense and block% weve ever seen, or NBA coaches will play him straight off the floor. This was Houston. A good team, but one that doesnt have a lot of NBA talent. 

SO you are just going to ignore the 25pts 8 rbs and 3 blocks shot he average against the same competition?  No one plays physical ball in the nba until the playoffs. Give him a hamburger and throw him in the weight room and I’ll take my chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, therawest said:

SO you are just going to ignore the 25pts 8 rbs and 3 blocks shot he average against the same competition?  No one plays physical ball in the nba until the playoffs. Give him a hamburger and throw him in the weight room and I’ll take my chances. 

The same competition? He played in 9 games. 6 of which against the perennial power houses of Portland State, Eastern Washington, Green Bay, Texas Southern, Omaha, and San Diego. 

 

Basketball is a little more than a stat line and eating a hamburger. Ask Carmelo Anthony. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a big He11 no to Bol Bol with these kind of weaknesses.  This is pretty much the same info on most scouting reports.  

NBA Draft net scouting report is listed below!

Weaknesses: Strength is his biggest hurdle ... To be effective around the basket on both ends, being able to withstand contact and battle for position will be imperative ... Needs to work on conditioning and hustling up the court ... Often the last player up the floor, going at his own pace, and showing no urgency to sprint. Lacks intensity and goes through the motions at times … While his shooting yields great results, his release is low, allowing smaller defenders to get a hand on it especially when they’re anticipating. He should focus on developing a higher release point on his shot … Doesn’t have much strength, only weighing 226 pounds, and may have a body type that will make it difficult for him to carry much additional weight ... Avoids and is bothered by contact. Gets bumped out of position … Doesn’t set great screens, which is important for his potential as a pick and pop big man … Doesn’t always box out and watches opponents get offensive boards … While he defends well, he doesn’t have the quickest feet. Doesn’t stay ready on defense and doesn’t recover well. Avoids changing direction and bending his knees when defending, which limits his defensive potential. Doesn’t always close out on shooters … He can mishandle passes on the move, sometimes trying to dunk or make a move before he catches the ball … Will benefit from expanding his post-game at the next level and beyond … Questionable competitiveness and how good he wants to be …
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

It’s a big He11 no to Bol Bol with these kind of weaknesses.  This is pretty much the same info on most scouting reports.  

NBA Draft net scouting report is listed below!

Weaknesses: Strength is his biggest hurdle ... To be effective around the basket on both ends, being able to withstand contact and battle for position will be imperative ... Needs to work on conditioning and hustling up the court ... Often the last player up the floor, going at his own pace, and showing no urgency to sprint. Lacks intensity and goes through the motions at times … While his shooting yields great results, his release is low, allowing smaller defenders to get a hand on it especially when they’re anticipating. He should focus on developing a higher release point on his shot … Doesn’t have much strength, only weighing 226 pounds, and may have a body type that will make it difficult for him to carry much additional weight ... Avoids and is bothered by contact. Gets bumped out of position … Doesn’t set great screens, which is important for his potential as a pick and pop big man … Doesn’t always box out and watches opponents get offensive boards … While he defends well, he doesn’t have the quickest feet. Doesn’t stay ready on defense and doesn’t recover well. Avoids changing direction and bending his knees when defending, which limits his defensive potential. Doesn’t always close out on shooters … He can mishandle passes on the move, sometimes trying to dunk or make a move before he catches the ball … Will benefit from expanding his post-game at the next level and beyond … Questionable competitiveness and how good he wants to be …
 

If I am correct, those evaluations were developed before he went to college. I watched every single game he played in college...and he DOMINATED, completly contradicting the weaknesses above. Albeit a small sample size, the arrow is still pointing up. 

Edited by therawest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, therawest said:

If I am correct, those evaluations were developed before he went to college. I watched every single game he played in college...and he DOMINATED, co

pletly contradicting the weaknesses above. Albeit a small sample size, the arrow is still pointing up. 

You are entitled to your opinion but most share the same feelings considering when you study his tape.  He played in 9 games and some of those teams where suspect. Here are some more takes on him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

You are entitled to your opinion but most share the same feelings considering when you study his tape.  He played in 9 games and some of those teams where suspect. Here are some more takes on him.

 

I don’t think the hawks will draft him, but if he gets with the right team he will prove everyone wrong. Personally, I would definitely take him with 17 if he is still there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0