Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Matt Ryan on point

98 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Schwarzwald said:

Don’t you DARE point out that I’m a hater when YOU JUST A HOMER.

(Eh, in finger pointing...much like actual Falcons games...the best defense is a good offense!!)

:tiphat:

Ridiculous.

You can’t stand up for Matt Ryan on the Falcons boards; even when he largely is THE best statistical QB in the entire game over the past 3 years.

Dude is way down the list of “why” you lost the SB. In fact, his play was one of the best parts of the entire game for the Falcons. Great playoff run.

...but don’t mind me. I’m just another homer, even if I say the truth :lol:

Ergo?

Change your name all you want.  A person can’t hide their thought process.  I can spot your writing immediately...lol

Schwarzwald likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Or neither one noticed/cared.

That is simply too big of a reach.  We all saw it. Why did Ryan scream at the now Packets HC “run the **** ball” after the strip sack

Vandy likes this

34 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

That is simply too big of a reach.  We all saw it. Why did Ryan scream at the now Packets HC “run the **** ball” after the strip sack

If it was so obvious why doesn't Ryan just audible to a run?

And he did that later in the game, so he noticed eventually. Should have noticed sooner.

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

51 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Ergo?

*Ahem* I’m presently role playing as Michael Seebach.:ninja:

https://bigo.fandom.com/wiki/Schwarzwald

Ironically, the show “Big O” is all about conspiracy and cover up/lies and reality actually being fiction. I thought it fit in well with the recent threads on Pats getting calls their way or the SB fix, etc.

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

And he did that later in the game, so he noticed eventually. Should have noticed sooner.

It’s the million dollar question.  I know Shannahan limited Ryan’s ability to change plays at the LOS.  It wasn’t a complete audible ban, but pretty close.

Id love to know the answer

Schwarzwald likes this

7 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

*Ahem* I’m presently role playing as Michael Seebach.:ninja:

https://bigo.fandom.com/wiki/Schwarzwald

Ironically, the show “Big O” is all about conspiracy and cover up/lies and reality actually being fiction. I thought it fit in well with the recent threads on Pats getting calls their way, etc.

I bet you and your significant other get down with some freaky role play.

She is Princess Leia while you are the new Sith Lord, Darth Cider.  Darth JustinCider

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s the million dollar question.  I know Shannahan limited Ryan’s ability to change plays at the LOS.  It wasn’t a complete audible ban, but pretty close.

Same here.

I’d just like to know why we didn’t secure the FG shot. It was the redemption opportunity for letting them back in the game.

Falcons having Matthews hold on the drive from the onside kick recovery...the Free whiff...

In terms of actual play when the ball is snapped, Matt was about as good as he’s ever been. Issue was we needed to run the ball and slow down their offense when our D could no long make a play.

Heck, game is over if Alford catches 2nd INT. Hit both hands.

They probably don’t have enough time if we don’t fumble the ball to them almost inside the RZ. Easy 40-50 yard swing. There’s the remaining minute right there.

Yeah, you literally CANT script everything that happened to let NE tie the game.

Run the ball. Block your guy. Kneel it if you have to to secure the points.

They got pressure on over 50% of pass plays. It was always risky trying to throw period. Fresh D. They had way more sustained drives. War of attrition etc.

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

Just now, Schwarzwald said:

Same here.

I’d just like to know why we didn’t secure the FG shot. It was the redemption opportunity for letting them back in the game.

Falcons having Matthews hold on the drive from the onside kick recovery...the Free whiff...

In terms of actual play when the ball is snapped, Matt was about as good as he’s ever been. Issue was we needed to run the ball and slow down their offense when our D could no long make a play.

Heck, game is over if Alford catches 2nd INT. Hit both hands.

They probably don’t have enough time if we don’t fumble the ball to them almost inside the RZ. Easy 40-50 yard swing. There’s the remaining minute right there.

Yeah, you literally CANT script everything that happened to let NE tie the game.

Run the ball. Block your guy. Kneel it if you have to to secure the points.

They got pressure on over 50% of pass plays. It was always risky trying to throw period. Fresh D. They had way more sustained drives. War of attrition etc.

Alford and Vic both could have intercepted passes late in the game

Schwarzwald likes this

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I bet you and your significant other get down with some freaky role play.

She is Princess Leia while you are the new Sith Lord, Darth Cider.  Darth JustinCider

can’t I like... um, just like anime?

:ninja::lol:

20 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I suspect a ring won’t change the narrative much.  Ryan’s last 7 playoff games are the best 7 game stretch in NFL playoff history....way better than Wilson during his SB run.  But still no love.  They’ll credit Julio and Debo, while commending Ryan for managing the team

A ring definitely changes the narrative....See Brees, Rodgers, Roeth....Matt’s been as good as any of them, yet is seldom mentioned in that group only because he has no rings.

Thing is, he should have 2.....

45 minutes ago, Vandy said:

A ring definitely changes the narrative....See Brees, Rodgers, Roeth....Matt’s been as good as any of them, yet is seldom mentioned in that group only because he has no rings.

@Knight of God and I were discussing how many titles we have if Belichick is our HC since 2008.  The over/under is 3.5 titles 

59 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Let’s say Ryan won a Ring in 2012 & 2016....do you think he wins that bracket poll vs Wilson?  

That was all I was saying about fan narrative

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Let’s say Ryan won a Ring in 2012 & 2016....do you think he wins that bracket poll vs Wilson?  

That was all I was saying about fan narrative

Probably, but doesn’t change what I was saying. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Probably, but doesn’t change what I was saying. 

All that tells me is people can’t think for themselves if they can only measure QBs by rings.

Its mindless.

Only smack talk and bragging rights. Nothing more; nothing less.

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

All that tells me is people can’t think for themselves if they can only measure QBs by rings.

Its mindless.

Only smack talk and bragging rights. Nothing more; nothing less.

Agreed.

Most fans....including many in here....are just sheep who regurgitate whatever the news media feeds them.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:40 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

On 6/15/2019 at 10:34 PM, Yo_Lover said:

Personnel groupings.

8 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Personnel groupings.

Don't make it out like we only run with certain personnel in the game.

34 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Don't make it out like we only run with certain personnel in the game.

We lost about one minute due to early snaps.  Not as much as I thought quite honestly

21 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

We lost about one minute due to early snaps.  Not as much as I thought quite honestly

That one minute could have changed the entire dynamics of how that game ended.

FalconsIn2012 and Ovie_Lover like this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

That one minute could have changed the dynamics of that game. 

No doubt it would have.  Just no way to know how much the Patriots playcalling changes without that minute.

And you aren’t snapping with one second left every play.  So it’s probably around 40 seconds lost.  I honestly thought it would be more

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No doubt it would have.  Just no way to know how much the Patriots playcalling changes without that minute.

And you aren’t snapping with one second left every play.  So it’s probably around 40 seconds lost.  I honestly thought it would be more

Plus, they had TOs left BECAUSE we didn’t focus on running clock down. Run the ball and make them use it. :shrug:

Free’s missed blitz pickup gave them 40+ yards in field position and saved them likely 2 minutes at minimum.

Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It sure seemed like more. 

But again, that’s not playing smart situational football. A high school coach/QB know to run the clock down when ahead in 4th qtr......

FalconsIn2012 likes this