Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Matt Ryan on point

98 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2019 at 0:07 AM, Yo_Lover said:

I'd take Wilson and never look back.

Wait til you see Ryan when the offensive line starts gellin. I know Wilson don't have a line but our team is built for Ryan not Wilson.if Matt Ryan had the defense Wilson had he would most likely have a ring already.

30 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Wilson got a ring that's why. When and if Ryan gets a ring he will get the respect he deserves. Especially if he gets a Super Bowl MVP against a team like the Patriots or a team with a dangerous defense like the 2017 Jaguars were.

I suspect a ring won’t change the narrative much.  Ryan’s last 7 playoff games are the best 7 game stretch in NFL playoff history....way better than Wilson during his SB run.  But still no love.  They’ll credit Julio and Debo, while commending Ryan for managing the team

Schwarzwald likes this

On 6/14/2019 at 0:07 AM, Yo_Lover said:

I'd take Wilson and never look back.

Yeeep . He’s a game breaker . A good passer & runner . He’s well rounded . 

Ovie_Lover likes this

25 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Yeeep . He’s a game breaker . A good passer & runner . He’s well rounded . 

Only twice thrown for 4,000 yards, indecisive which makes him hold onto the call too long and takes way too many sacks.  

A great player, but no more a game breaker than Ryan

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I suspect a ring won’t change the narrative much.  Ryan’s last 7 playoff games are the best 7 game stretch in NFL playoff history....way better than Wilson during his SB run.  But still no love.  They’ll credit Julio and Debo, while commending Ryan for managing the team

You forgot blaming Matt for the SB collapse.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

11 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

You forgot blaming Matt for the SB collapse.

You right...lol.  People do blame him.  As though those 5 incompletions were the reason we lost...he took 2 bad sacks, that’s pretty much it

Schwarzwald likes this

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You right...lol.  People do blame him.  As though those 5 incompletions were the reason we lost...he took 2 bad sacks, that’s pretty much it

Meh, no QB is perfect.

Issue is team and accountability of everyone to win a ring.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

18 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He didn’t do a great job in the lead with clock management in that 4th quarter. Too many snaps long before 30 second clock was near wound down. And I wish our MVP QB had called a time out when Shanny went stupid and Quinn puckered up.

GeorgiaBoyz and Ovie_Lover like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He didn’t do a great job in the lead with clock management in that 4th quarter. Too many snaps long before 30 second clock was near wound down. And I wish our MVP QB had called a time out when Shanny went stupid and Quinn puckered up.

I firmly believe that’s on Shannahan.  Ryan was following orders.  He is too smart to snap that early unless being told to

Schwarzwald likes this

22 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I firmly believe that’s on Shannahan.  Ryan was following orders.  He is too smart to snap that early unless being told to

Idk why Shanny would specifically tell Ryan to snap it before a certain time. Ryan just didn't think about it.

Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

40 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Just say Ryan can do no wrong & you’ll never blame him for shlt outside of a bad sack or 2. Lmaooo . No way you thought, comprehended & typed that about an “All Pro, Elite QB” . 

42 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He’s “too smart to do something stupid” .. that’s homer logic if I ever seen it .  

37 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Who knows the real story. Certainly was a side barge to the root issue; the play calls themselves and more egregious errors like blowing execution on the plays themselves.

Oh, and let’s ignore Matt’s cries for more runs going unheard. :rolleyes:

Eh, it was Matt’s fault that SB. :lol:

Kid melted and didn’t override his OC and HC! /s

I mean, it’s nitpicking but true. Found out he wasn’t perfect...funny how only he has to be to win a SB. Almost like the team isn’t good enough without perfection out of Matt? Funny. Oh, that’s coaches not doing their jobs included.

:tiphat:

5 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Who knows the real story. Certainly was a side barge to the root issue; the play calls themselves and more egregious errors like blowing execution on the plays themselves.

Oh, and let’s ignore Matt’s cries for more runs going unheard. :rolleyes:

Eh, it was Matt’s fault that SB. :lol:

Kid melted and didn’t override his OC and HC! /s

I mean, it’s nitpicking but true. Found out he wasn’t perfect...funny how only he has to be to win a SB. Almost like the team isn’t good enough without perfection out of Matt? Funny. Oh, that’s coaches not doing their jobs included.

Nope .. most sane people just hold the QB accountable as much as the HC, OC & DC . Imagine Peyton or TB12 listening to dunce orders . Nick Foles even called his on number in the SB . Only some homer Falcons won’t say anything bad rather it’s true or not about Matt because “he’s the best QB a franchise full of dud QBs” ever had . I’m a falcon fan .. not a Julio, Matt or whoever else fan so I’ll never have that problem . Same people say they wouldn’t want Ramsey cause he talked bad about Matt . Matt is their daddy I guess . Lmaoo 

^There’s the proof. Hateraid city. :) 

Um, yeah. Matt can be scrutinized like any other QB. Not the reason you lost that SB.

Nice reach tho. Fits with the narratives and agenda.

Like i said, you must believe other QBs play perfect to win a SB...meanwhile they don’t in the real world.

Matt would’ve won SBs on Seahawks and in NE. This isn’t hard to grasp. Difference isn’t the QB.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

So.....if Matt were the QB with LoB carrying him....or winning multiple SBs with legendary NE defenses...he’d be a perfect QB by virtue of his team around him...finally elite...a valid opinion once wearing a ring of SB power. :o

Am I doing it right?

manning.jpg.95116eea079971511f64b60122c0c1ca.jpg

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Don’t you DARE point out that I’m a hater when YOU JUST A HOMER.

(Eh, in finger pointing...much like actual Falcons games...the best defense is a good offense!!)

Ridiculous.

You can’t stand up for Matt Ryan on the Falcons boards; even when he largely is THE best statistical QB in the entire game over the past 3 years.

Dude is way down the list of “why” you lost the SB. In fact, his play was one of the best parts of the entire game for the Falcons. Great playoff run.

...but don’t mind me. I’m just another homer, even if I say the truth :lol:

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Idk why Shanny would specifically tell Ryan to snap it before a certain time. Ryan just didn't think about it.

Here is my reasoning.  Shanny has a mic into his helmet.  If he was snapping too early. Shanny would have told him to stop.  

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Here is my reasoning.  Shanny has a mic into his helmet.  If he was snapping too early. Shanny would have told him to stop.  

Or neither one noticed/cared.

Wilson won a Super Bowl because of that defense. He is great. Ryan is too. It's really a toss up. I can't argue with anyone that says either is better. I would take Patrick Mahomes over every QB 

9 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Wilson won a Super Bowl because of that defense. He is great. Ryan is too. It's really a toss up. I can't argue with anyone that says either is better. I would take Patrick Mahomes over every QB 

This. Loved Mahomes coming out. Was gonna cry if NO got him.

31 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Or neither one noticed/cared.

Why would they when trying to run up the score and weren’t playing to run out the clock?

:shrug:

Yep. True to that identity...tempo was kept up and going for points like SEA and GB games.

i agree with Dave’s post in this thread.

Issue is we didn’t commit to run the ball and had full on mental whiffs like Free on yet another aggressive 3rd and 1 at what...your own 28 and went for a kill shot? 

Snapping the ball with time according to a tempo fit with their aggressive calls.

And everything was able to be made right...22 yard line and a FG inside 40 for Bryant. Nope. Run it once and panic shotgun after.

So, coaching...